All things Dundee FC

Does seem like there's a few we're in talks with anyway

"Speaking this lunchtime ahead of tomorrow’s derby, the Dens boss was asked if there were other options should the Lamie one not happen. He replied: “Loads, we are looking at loads.  “We have a player coming up just now and another deal will be done later in the afternoon.

There will certainly be one more guaranteed. I am waiting on an answer on another couple.  “We are still looking to add.  “We’ll see what happens, it could be a late one.”

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/2961108/dundee-boss-james-mcpake-aiming-to-make-more-than-one-addition-today-with-zak-rudden-deal-set-to-be-completed/

6 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

Vontae Daley-Campbell from Leicester being touted by Raman from STV. Seems one of those names that’s so random it must be real. 

Couldn't care less if he's good. A random player I've never heard of is exactly the type of exciting shit I want.

On 29/01/2022 at 15:39, johnnydun said:

I see McSake is sitting behind Brenda at Parkhead today, I hope he can strike up a loan move from him...

c50a3b98-760e-47e0-afe1-14cdaf10432a.jpg.c0b5d9749570d3d62915dbc69792bc0d.jpg

11 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

Vontae Daley-Campbell from Leicester being touted by Raman from STV. Seems one of those names that’s so random it must be real. 

Well I never, James read Pie & Bovril and took my advice.

You're welcome.

1 hour ago, McG said:

Rudden should do a decent job for you in the championship, not ready for the top league yet.

McPake has had some amount of knock backs this window seemingly.

Been a few times you've been on this thread speaking some shite so I'm gonna help you out here.  Literally nobody here cares what you have to say.  Not a tiny bit.  

Just now, Fifespud said:

Nothing beats going into a critical derby match than having 5 players in who don’t even know each other’s names. It’s an omnishambles.

Would you rather we didn't sign anyone?

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

I think he's have rather we'd signed these players weeks ago, much like myself.

That's the nature of the January window though. It's always like this and the pandemic has only made it more difficult as club's don't want to let go of absolutely anyone until they've sorted themselves out which creates a bottleneck.

31 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Couldn't care less if he's good. A random player I've never heard of is exactly the type of exciting shit I want.

Last game for Leicester was on 8 January in a cup tie against Watford. Got a game because Leicester had only 8 regular outfield players available from their 25 man squad named for the league. Was substituted at half time, as already on a yellow card and was one (mistimed) tackle from being off. Was replaced by Wanya Marcai-Madivadua because of that arcane FA cup rule that you can't replace a starting player with one that has a less exotic name.

Having said all that, he was being played as a full back on his 'wrong side' so was hung out to dry a bit by circumstances. I follow Leicester closely (since living there in the 80s and the 'good' old days under Jock Wallace when, apart from Lineker, the line up was almost entirely Scottish) and while he hasn't kicked on as hoped, he is not a complete disaster and could do a good job if he settles. His first game will be important.