All things Dundee FC

Partick Thistle fans are still seething about us in their thread if anyone wants a cheering up on a Sunday.

As for McPake, it's gonna get truly poisonous if he doesn't get a result in the derby. Fans are 99% against him as is and if we get pumped (United are shite but it is McPake in charge) then it doesn't matter who he's signed in the next day or so.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Partick Thistle fans are still seething about us in their thread if anyone wants a cheering up on a Sunday.

As for McPake, it's gonna get truly poisonous if he doesn't get a result in the derby. Fans are 99% against him as is and if we get pumped (United are shite but it is McPake in charge) then it doesn't matter who he's signed in the next day or so.

Nelms has left it too late, we sack him after the Derby and the new manager still must work with the same shite defence.

1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

I still reckon he'll come and this is their way of hoping we'll get more desperate and chuck more money at them. 

I'm not sure tbh.

I don't think it's a bluff or a flex. I think we'll happily keep him - the ball's really in Nelms/Dundee's court.

If McPake really wants him this window it's on Dundee to make us an offer that suits us. It's not like we're just going to hand him over because he's signed a PCA - that's not really how we work these days.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Problem is, we are and we probably will.

Obviously in the Watt/United case it was done early and they've thrown daft money at the player to get him to sign the PCA and handed us a "six figure fee" to get it done. Genuinely curious, realistically is Nelms likely to chuck money at getting Lamie in now?

Just now, capt_oats said:

I'm not sure tbh.

I don't think it's a bluff or a flex. I think we'll happily keep him - the ball's really in Nelms/Dundee's court.

If McPake really wants him this window it's on Dundee to make us an offer that suits us. It's not like we're just going to hand him over because he's signed a PCA - that's not really how we work these days.

Obviously in the Watt/United case it was done early and they've thrown daft money at the player to get him to sign the PCA and handed us a "six figure fee" to get it done. Genuinely curious, realistically is Nelms likely to chuck money at getting Lamie in now?

We paid actual money for Jack Hamilton.

2 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

If we were to get beat by United surely its gd night McPake..... 

The only problem there is who the hell would want to take charge after, immediately after the transfer window closes. It's almost like the people in charge are incompetent or something. Only redeemable if McPake plays a blinder in the next 3 days, but that 'if' is doing all of the work there.

What's the predictions for signings before the end of tomorrow? 

I reckon it'll be Rudden on a PCA, Griffiths on a deal until the end of the season and a centre back who can't get a game for a league one team down south (and we haven't been scouting) 

Just now, Louis Litt said:

I reckon it'll be Rudden on a PCA, Griffiths on a deal until the end of the season and a centre back who can't get a game for a league one team down south (and we haven't been scouting) 

Rudden in now, I mean. 

Just now, Louis Litt said:

Yeah, I think it will be a loan deal for some Prem youth defender.

Just now, johnnydun said:

Yeah, I think it will be a loan deal for some Prem youth defender.

Take it the stories around that Celtic youngster have gone quiet?

6 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Rudden n paying money for him I think is nuts. We shouldn't be in this position where we are that desperate for someone where the hope he can actually handle this league. 

Griffiths I hope not however if time is running out give to end of season ( head is saying just get him to f**k ) 

Wasn't some Motherwell defender we were looking at ? 

I'm at stage the now of wait till Derby and see who we have brought in etc n go from there.

It's a joke tbh but dundee have did it themselves