All things Dundee FC

7 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

Well it happened today as it usually does at some point when we get back into the Premiership... my cousin (A Dee) said to me and I'm paraphrasing here - 'well you know at least we'll win some games in the Championship and you know some of those grounds are more fun to go to'.

Our support is so conditioned to accept utter garbage that wanting better for our club will inevitably be met with 'well at least we've got a club to support'. I hate all of this.

Yeah, I hate the acceptance of absolute shite. 

Forever be the fuckin Yo-yo.

Nelms and Keyes need to sort this shit out.

An another thing.. many of our fanbase seem to have bought into the garbage that it is near impossible to get quality loans from down south in January (or anytime in our case). It is also near impossible to do any real business until the end of the window because ... well reasons I guess. Somebody ought to tell Livi and County this stuff as they apparently hadn't heard about these realities.

We play the one of the cheeks and get ragdolled like we're a League 2 outfit and many of our fans say 'well what can you do when you're up against their firepower'... meanwhile Livi, County, United, 'Well (I'm not going to check all the other teams results against them this year as you'll get my point) regularly take points off them (occasionally pop up with a win) and even in a losing effort at least don't embarrass themselves, their club and their fans.

What a joke.

Genuinely think the best we can hope for is 11th.  Can’t see St Mirren, Livingston or Ross County collapsing with only 15 / 16 games to go.  Added to that we will continue to struggle to win games against the teams around us.
The only results we need to worry about for the rest of the season are our own and St Johnstone’s.  
What a truly pitiful attempt to stay in this league!

Ach, that looks likely but there’s been plenty of seasons when a team looking like they are cantering to safety finds their arse completely explodes. Usually us but famously Hibs.

An another thing.. many of our fanbase seem to have bought into the garbage that it is near impossible to get quality loans from down south in January (or anytime in our case). It is also near impossible to do any real business until the end of the window because ... well reasons I guess. Somebody ought to tell Livi and County this stuff as they apparently hadn't heard about these realities.
We play the one of the cheeks and get ragdolled like we're a League 2 outfit and many of our fans say 'well what can you do when you're up against their firepower'... meanwhile Livi, County, United, 'Well (I'm not going to check all the other teams results against them this year as you'll get my point) regularly take points off them (occasionally pop up with a win) and even in a losing effort at least don't embarrass themselves, their club and their fans.
What a joke.

We gave der h**s a real fright at Dens and but for a missed penalty would have had at least a draw. Fair comment re transfers though. Our scouting system is absolutely shoite.

44 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Genuinely think the best we can hope for is 11th.  Can’t see St Mirren, Livingston or Ross County collapsing with only 15 / 16 games to go.  Added to that we will continue to struggle to win games against the teams around us.

The only results we need to worry about for the rest of the season are our own and St Johnstone’s.  

What a truly pitiful attempt to stay in this league!

I'm still slightly optimistic about avoiding the playoffs, we beat Ushited on Tuesday, a team we have a largely better Home form to their Away form just now.

I know we have been beaten twice by them this season, but a win against Ross County coupled by a loss for them against Aberdeen, puts us above them with a game in hand.

Big 'if's' , I know. But not too far fetched.

21 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I'm still slightly optimistic about avoiding the playoffs, we beat Ushited on Tuesday, a team we have a largely better Home form to their Away form just now.

I know we have been beaten twice by them this season, but a win against Ross County coupled by a loss for them against Aberdeen, puts us above them with a game in hand.

I really hope you’re right JD but so far we have won 4 points out of 6 against St Mirren, 1 out of 6 against Livingston, 0 out of 6 against Ross County and 4 out of 9 against bottom club St Johnstone.  In other words 9 out of a possible 27 against the teams nearest us.  

With regards to catching Ross County.  Who thinks McPake will outthink Malky Mackay?

Unfortunately I just wouldn’t feel confident of finishing 10th if we were currently on the same points as Ross County, St Mirren and Livingston, let alone being 5, 8 and 9 points behind them with a far worse goal difference and only 15 / 16 games to go.

Apparently though Nelms is quite satisfied with these stats and thinks McPake is the man to take us forward.  I wonder how bad the stats would have to be before Nelms had the courage to accept he’s made yet another poor managerial appointment?

Edited by Shadow Play

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Apparently though Nelms is quite satisfied with these stats and thinks McPake is the man to take us forward.  I wonder how bad the stats would have to be before Nelms had the courage to accept he’s made yet another poor managerial appointment?

It took 10 consecutive losses before McIntyre was punted, and McIntyre isn't even his guy, while McPake most certainly is. I don't think relegation would be enough.

38 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Very far fetched unfortunately

Having been a long time lurker of this thread I though I would make an account and get involved in the conversations.

So this morning at 9am my mate was like "here we're both off the day fancy going to the game" hit him with a yes and bought the tickets. Low and behold storm malik had other plans and the game was cancelled. Immediately said to my mate want me ring up the ticket office and get a refund as we'll probs no be off the re-schedule date, we both work at the same hospitality establishment so days off together to go to games are far and few between. Luckily both asked for days off for the derby so we've got that on Tuesday at least.

So after phoning the ticket office, the boy on the phone has got to be one of the biggest bellends I have ever come across. Initially asked him about refunds and he snapped at me "the games no even been rescheduled yet". Said to him the situation with me and my pal, got hit with a "yeh it doesn't matter its no even been rescheduled to why are you wanting a refund" in a proper snidey tone. Told him I don't care and he eventually told is I can come in with my tickets and get one.

No sure why he didn't just say that in the first place instead of getting snippy as f**k and going off on one. Poor service from the DFC Direct.

So what's every c***s thoughts on the derby, them smelly b*****ds are just as shite as we are and I recon its either going to be a boring 1-0 win for either team or some c***s getting an absolute shagging.

1 hour ago, Wamble said:

Having been a long time lurker of this thread I though I would make an account and get involved in the conversations.

So this morning at 9am my mate was like "here we're both off the day fancy going to the game" hit him with a yes and bought the tickets. Low and behold storm malik had other plans and the game was cancelled. Immediately said to my mate want me ring up the ticket office and get a refund as we'll probs no be off the re-schedule date, we both work at the same hospitality establishment so days off together to go to games are far and few between. Luckily both asked for days off for the derby so we've got that on Tuesday at least.

So after phoning the ticket office, the boy on the phone has got to be one of the biggest bellends I have ever come across. Initially asked him about refunds and he snapped at me "the games no even been rescheduled yet". Said to him the situation with me and my pal, got hit with a "yeh it doesn't matter its no even been rescheduled to why are you wanting a refund" in a proper snidey tone. Told him I don't care and he eventually told is I can come in with my tickets and get one.

No sure why he didn't just say that in the first place instead of getting snippy as f**k and going off on one. Poor service from the DFC Direct.

So what's every c***s thoughts on the derby, them smelly b*****ds are just as shite as we are and I recon its either going to be a boring 1-0 win for either team or some c***s getting an absolute shagging.

Welcome Wamble!

Not sure wtf’s going on with that set up. The club shop still isn’t even set up for contactless payments and I’m not surprised at the difficult time you had. Dour, slow as f**k customer service is something we’ve become accustomed to for years in that ticket office but I thought the new workers were more lively etc. The biggest farce of all is the lack of e-tickets to get in the ground, we’re so far out of date it’s embarrassing. 

The derby…..if we flog more goals because of pish poor defending and the manager hasn’t got new defenders through the door able to play now then we riot! If he does sign new defenders in time and the same usual pish defending goes on then I just give up! The guy should’ve been punted long ago. f**k knows what kind of strategy has went into this transfer window. The lack of personal changes in the summer and what’s went on so far this January it’s like we don’t give a f**k what league we play in next season. 

Edited by Yenitit