Jump to content

All things Dundee FC


Recommended Posts

How can McPake not see, as a defender, what is glaringly obvious to the rest of us.
I feel like I say this about all of our managers.
Thing is McPake wasn't exactly a cerebral player. We're not exactly talking about Franco Baresi here He was a blood and thunder central defender who wouldn't generally be troubling the scorers on Mastermind. He's not any brighter now so it's hardly a shock he's failed to identify or address our defensive issues.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Thing is McPake wasn't exactly a cerebral player. We're not exactly talking about Franco Baresi here emoji23.png He was a blood and thunder central defender who wouldn't generally be troubling the scorers on Mastermind. He's not any brighter now so it's hardly a shock he's failed to identify or address our defensive issues.

I'd say he comes across decently well imo and isn't thick, but I do doubt his tactical mind... quite a bit. 100% correct on his playstyle though, no wonder he's a big Ashcroft fan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Thing is McPake wasn't exactly a cerebral player. We're not exactly talking about Franco Baresi here emoji23.png He was a blood and thunder central defender who wouldn't generally be troubling the scorers on Mastermind. He's not any brighter now so it's hardly a shock he's failed to identify or address our defensive issues.

TBF you're probably announcing Gallagher tonight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

                                 Lawlor

Mulligan       Sweeney           McGhee             McGinn

                  Byrne                 McGowan

McCowan                                                   McMullen

                                Adam

                               Griffiths.

 

Thank you.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

                                 Lawlor

Mulligan       Sweeney           McGhee             McGinn

                  Byrne                 McGowan

McCowan                                                   McMullen

                                Adam

                               Griffiths.

 

Thank you.

 

Are you McPake? Really!!! (Not all bad - just a few glaringly obvious flock ups)

Legzdins (don't get all this stuff about him, best keeper we've had in a long time)

Mulligan McGhee Sweeny Kerr

                         Byrne

McMullen Anderson Chapman Adam (replaced by McGinn 60 mins cause he's fcuked)

                        Griffiths (replaced by Mullen after 25 mins cause he's fcuked) 

 

Jakubiak, McGowan to replace other players that are Horsefieldish 

 

Drop Elliot off on a raft on the Tay and tell him we'll pick him up on the way back....  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

                                 Lawlor

Mulligan       Sweeney           McGhee             McGinn

                  Byrne                 McGowan

McCowan                                                   McMullen

                                Adam

                               Griffiths.

 

Thank you.

 

That’s a team full of absolute jobbers that will struggle badly in the championship.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DieDee said:

Are you McPake? Really!!! (Not all bad - just a few glaringly obvious flock ups)

Legzdins (don't get all this stuff about him, best keeper we've had in a long time)

Mulligan McGhee Sweeny Kerr

                         Byrne

McMullen Anderson Chapman Adam (replaced by McGinn 60 mins cause he's fcuked)

                        Griffiths (replaced by Mullen after 25 mins cause he's fcuked) 

 

Jakubiak, McGowan to replace other players that are Horsefieldish 

 

Drop Elliot off on a raft on the Tay and tell him we'll pick him up on the way back....  

Best keeper we've had in a long time? Jesus 😳

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I know Jack Hamilton was painful but christ. Bain was better than Legzdins, easily. 

That's it, just because Legzdins has been better than Hamilton doesn't mean he's the best we've had in ages. Takes an eternity to do anything, and he should've prevented quite a few shots we've faced from becoming goals this season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

Best keeper we've had in a long time? Jesus 😳

Well, it's just factually correct.

In the past 10 years we've had:

Letheren, Bain, Mitchell, Schenk, Parish, Malherbe, Dieng, Hazard & Ferrie.

Only Bain gets close to Legzdins really and that was because he was one of the best keepers in Scotland for about 6 month. After that spell, even Parish statistically outperformed Bain in the same Dundee team.

Legzdins has kept the same number of top flight clean sheets in 21 league games as Bain did in his final 50 league games for Dundee which is 4.

And I think we could all agree that the defence of Gadzhalov, Konrad, Meekings & Jack Hendry are significantly better options than the likes of Liam Fontaine.

Bain could pull off some amazing saves, but he couldn't organise or command his box in near the same way that Legzdins can.

Edited by Ludo*1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I know Jack Hamilton was painful but christ. Bain was better than Legzdins, easily. 

Are you back to watching Dundee regularly again? I thought you'd packed it in?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Are you back to watching Dundee regularly again? I thought you'd packed it in?

I haven't been to a game in fucking ages, no. I had hoped to get to a few games with my old man but that didn't happen and tbh it's not high on my list of priorities at the moment. 

What that has to do with Legzdins being better than Flapjack, but inferior to Bain, I have no idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Day of the Lords said:

I haven't been to a game in fucking ages, no. I had hoped to get to a few games with my old man but that didn't happen and tbh it's not high on my list of priorities at the moment. 

What that has to do with Legzdins being better than Flapjack, but inferior to Bain, I have no idea.

What are you judging the players on then? Highlights?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...