All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

There's a video doing the rounds of a guy (it was Wednesday tbf) being 'caught' at the top floor window wanking. It's obvious that he's just a wrong 'un - as is the guy videoing it. 

Thats no exactly true though is it? In the video doing the rounds, his mrs is chugging him off. Beasty behaviour doing it at the window though. Also beasty behaviour to be filming a 'nearby building' and just so happen to 'spot' this in the background

19 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Thats no exactly true though is it? In the video doing the rounds, his mrs is chugging him off. Beasty behaviour doing it at the window though. Also beasty behaviour to be filming a 'nearby building' and just so happen to 'spot' this in the background

I mean I won't lie but from the the video I seen was only one person. Never seen no women but then again didn't pay close attention....

However rest yer spot on with 

Did the guy look anything like David Hasselhoff? If so I reckon I know the cameraman.

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

Had a wee peak and nosey at the above Twitter feed and read also tomorrow will be 25 years since we lost Billy McKenzie of The Associates.

Met and chatted to him around 1995 through my work on a site enquiry visit. Truly lovely charming feller and although I've been into The Smiths for longer than I care to remember I didn't realise at the time 'William It Was Really Nothing ' by The Smiths was supposedly written about him.

Anyway, have a good weekend all.

293613702_OIP(14).jpg.c18d48ff8b2dbd27b0c711650c77cb18.jpg

What a fucking chanter. ❤️

Brilliant story about Billy McKenzie. The record company guy took him out to lunch in London to break the news they were letting him go. Billy says aye ok but can I get one last taxi home and charge it to the label. The guy goes ok Billy, 1 last time. Billy hails a hackney, climbs in the back and says to the driver ‘take me to Dundee mate’. Legend.

2 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Great signing of a young 'un, certainly a step in the right direction imho. Well done to all concerned.

Personally I'd prefer the announcement of Jack Ross, however you really do have to admire the Americans' backing of their chosen one!

Blind faith and hope it's rewarded, fingers crossed and all that.

More signings please, we need them, plus also add a coach to the management team who knows the craic.  This is required mainly due to fact James and Dave tactically still do not know their collective arse from a hole in the ground. 

Thank you.  

Jack Ross would be a shite striker

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Guy on TDF saying we've agreed another deal that might be announced later tonight or Monday but the deal is done. He was on the forum about lunchtime today saying we'd announce something today so no reason to not believe him.

Any details on position/possible names? And would love it to be Ross as manager but can't see it either 🙄

20 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Brilliant story about Billy McKenzie. The record company guy took him out to lunch in London to break the news they were letting him go. Billy says aye ok but can I get one last taxi home and charge it to the label. The guy goes ok Billy, 1 last time. Billy hails a hackney, climbs in the back and says to the driver ‘take me to Dundee mate’. Legend.

Read a story before about him spending hours sending/singing the lyrics to his latest songs down the phone from a phone box in Auchterhouse to his record label in London that’s still standing in his memory. Sounds like a bit of a character. 

7 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Looked like a wind up like on the dabs thread last week. 

Can't say I saw that. McPake only has himself to blame, blind loyalty has summed up why we are where we are and his inactivity in this window so far for this season will cost us. 

32 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Looked like a wind up like on the dabs thread last week. 

Tbf the boy claiming this stuff on TDB, while not known for rumour peddling (as far as I know anyway), is a regular poster who I'd doubt would be into making stuff like that up. We'll find out on Monday though I assume.

2 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Had a wee peak and nosey at the above Twitter feed and read also tomorrow will be 25 years since we lost Billy McKenzie of The Associates.

Met and chatted to him around 1995 through my work on a site enquiry visit. Truly lovely charming feller and although I've been into The Smiths for longer than I care to remember I didn't realise at the time 'William It Was Really Nothing ' by The Smiths was supposedly written about him.

Anyway, have a good weekend all.

293613702_OIP(14).jpg.c18d48ff8b2dbd27b0c711650c77cb18.jpg

Yeah, amazing voice, and a down to earth guy. I like Robert Smiths tribute.

45 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

Can't say I saw that. McPake only has himself to blame, blind loyalty has summed up why we are where we are and his inactivity in this window so far for this season will cost us. 

I’d argue regardless of our recent results he is the manager that got us up and fully deserved a crack at it, having said that, most people know that the Christmas table is the one to pay attention to as such sitting 11th(just) sitting 11th with -21 goals is sackable and if the Americans had any sense January 1st would be D(ee) Day and should have seen him shot

with managers at the time like mciness, Ross, yogi, Tommy wright even bloody Neil Lennon I don’t see what they see in  mcpake other than cheapness or loyalty idk 

he’s been given more than enough faith but the Dundee loyal and board, as other posters have said why would we invest fairly heavily on players and be cheap where the buck stops

i suppose until the end of the season the ball is in nelms’ court and we all just have to like it

36 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Tbf the boy claiming this stuff on TDB, while not known for rumour peddling (as far as I know anyway), is a regular poster who I'd doubt would be into making stuff like that up. We'll find out on Monday though I assume.

It was on a private group chat someone claiming to have spoken to the  rumourmonger who said he was at the wind up. 

Not to difficult to predict a signing or 2 happening after this weekend’s games.