All things Dundee FC

15 minutes ago, Finn Seemann said:

I wouldn't swap McPake for Courts and that's saying a lot.

I doubt many Dundee fans would swap McPake for Courts either and that's not saying a lot.

Not bad bit of business considering we'll likely be in the Championship next season, but if we're planning to get him in this month he's not exactly the player you necessarily need in a relegation scrap, which I also thought when the link with St Johnstone came up. Definitely still a player with potential who we can hopefully develop further.

Only 21. I've heard lots of hype round him but can't recall ever watching him.

Not a bad signing for a manager with zero contacts that no-one wants to sign for beating out St Johnstone and Motherwell. Surprised he chose us over Motherwell considering their track record of developing players and moving them on for a profit.

What type of striker is he? 

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Not a bad signing for a manager with zero contacts that no-one wants to sign for beating out St Johnstone and Motherwell. Surprised he chose us over Motherwell considering their track record of developing players and moving them on for a profit.

Tbh, if Cummings is away and Sheridan's injured (unlikely to be there next season?) I'd imagine he'd have far more of a shout of first team football with you guys.

We were obviously quite keen but he'd definitely have been more of a "project" for us.

Also, while I doubt we'd make a decision based on one game, he struggled a bit in the game against Killie the other week when Alexander and Lasley were there (presumably watching him).

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

A hardworking nuisance who has the glorious habit of being in the right place to tuck chances away.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's a niggly wee arsehole. Good signing.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Tbh, if Cummings is away and Sheridan's injured (unlikely to be there next season?) I'd imagine he'd have far more of a shout of first team football with you guys.

We were obviously quite keen but he'd definitely have been more of a "project" for us.

Also, while I doubt we'd make a decision based on one game, he struggled a bit in the game against Killie the other week when Alexander and Lasley were there (presumably watching him).

Sheridan is tied up for next season unfortunately and we are still in the market for another striker (target man type) and look likely to keep Griffiths.

We've not given Danny Mullen a new deal as of yet despite tying everyone else down that's out of contract. Wonder if Rudden will be seen as his replacement as he seems to be getting listed as having the same attributes but can actually finish.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Sheridan is tied up for next season unfortunately and we are still in the market for another striker (target man type) and look likely to keep Griffiths.

We've not given Danny Mullen a new deal as of yet despite tying everyone else down that's out of contract. Wonder if Rudden will be seen as his replacement as he seems to be getting listed as having the same attributes but can actually finish.

Rudden's 6ft 2. Maybe he's your centre forward.

I mean, he's a pest and a poacher who plays on the shoulder rather than a target man but who knows.

Someone clipped together this video, I'd posted it on our thread when the story was we were looking to speak to him and the jury was massively out after that live game against Killie on the telly.