All things Dundee FC

12 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

McPake in the pre-match press conference for Dumbarton saying he wants but doesn't expect any new signings until after (more specifically referring to a 'fantastic addition', maybe Allan?), so wouldn't get your hopes up for anything tomorrow. Still saying he's happy with the financial backing he's getting and that we intend to bring in 'a few', which is about as ambiguous a term you could use.

Yeah, myself and a few others have mentioned Scotty Allan, certainly be a great addition. 

There again he's maybe referring to Greg Stewart arriving in March once he's completed his current commitments. Too late by then for safety unless he has miraculously rebuilt the defence which is highly unlikely.

Personally cannot blame potential signings knocking us back, fecking shambles of a club from the outside looking in.

Easier to attract staff if the manager was Jack Ross however.

Regards 

Yeah, myself and a few others have mentioned Scotty Allan, certainly be a great addition. 
There again he's maybe referring to Greg Stewart arriving in March once he's completed his current commitments. Too late by then for safety unless he has miraculously rebuilt the defence which is highly unlikely.
Personally cannot blame potential signings knocking us back, fecking shambles of a club from the outside looking in.
Easier to attract staff if the manager was Jack Ross however.
Regards 

I’m going out on a limb here and saying we’d be fucking bonkers to sign Scott Allan. The boy manages about 10 games a season. I’m sorry about his problems but he’s made a fortune out of football so not all bad. We should have learned by now signing these fallen heroes is not the way forward. I honestly rather play Byrne, Mulligan, Anderson and Robertson and go down that way with 3 young lads gaining invaluable experience.

47 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’m going out on a limb here and saying we’d be fucking bonkers to sign Scott Allan. The boy manages about 10 games a season. I’m sorry about his problems but he’s made a fortune out of football so not all bad. We should have learned by now signing these fallen heroes is not the way forward. I honestly rather play Byrne, Mulligan, Anderson and Robertson and go down that way with 3 young lads gaining invaluable experience.

Appreciate what your saying @Fifespud, however we do require a fresh number 10 play-maker, whether that's Scott Allan or Greg Stewart who knows?

Max Anderson requires mature, knowledgeable coaching rather than his present 125% blood and snotters approach, Josh Mulligan is obviously an unknown quantity at this level - albeit highly rated, especially by Jim McInally whereas Finlay Robertson this season could not secure a regular slot at League One level.

Also let's not forget, if not for our "fallen hero", we would not be concerned with relegation as we would not have secured promotion in the first place.

James McPake out, patience exhausted.

Thank you. 

Edited by This Charming Man

4 hours ago, johnnydun said:

It doesn't make any sense at all.

When Keyes and Nelms joined, it was a long term plan to be a conveyor belt of talented youth coming through the system. Now I would understand McPake staying on long term if this was happening, even if we were in the Championship but with slow progression, I would understand but not thrilled. 

But what we have is a few youth guys, (only 2 imo ready for the first team) paired with guys at the end of their careers, paying past it players wads of cash.

To me this does not support their intended vision, so why not give that gig to a manager who knows what he is doing? 

Nelms was some kind of Director at Houston Dynamo with the kids, surly he has some connections in the US to bring some talent over?

Nail on the head. I'm not financial expert but what are the Americans getting for their investment? One relegation, one top six and two promotions in 9 years this coming August.

When we got top six we were told that was the end goal of their 5 year plan after securing promotion, and that we were 4 years ahead of schedule. What was the plan after that, aside from getting worse every subsequent season?

the youth side of it is a good point when looking at the owners, have we really seen any major improvement for young players getting regular first team football for Dundee??

I get that without Keyes and his money we'd be in a worse position than where we are but it's not like we've improved compared to when they first arrived.  

Since the owners arrived 9 years ago we've had two fan days. We should be having more of them each season to entice new supporters in (even if the football on show will drive them away 😂), and give free tickets out to schools. Look at how well run Motherwell is, and the fan engagement they have. You get the feeling they care about the community and vice versa. Now the community trust has been a big positive, but we can always do more to get more fans in.

Just a non football observation 

Jason Cummings on a flight to Australia on Saturday after agreeing his escape from James McPake according to the papers.

It just gets better and better, a talented player gone due to two facts, first being Jason Cummings is an absolute screwball and secondly a manager who clearly could not handle a wayward personality.

the-fast.gif.b3f0197899d0625668c9065b7bf8197a.gif 

McPake’s quoted in tomorrow’s papers that Griffiths is in great form 😂 that great he can’t get a start when Danny Mullen’s fit and usually gets 25 minutes here or there. 

Oh and Cummings is booked on a flight to Australia on Saturday. That’s  us needing another body in up front as well now. 

1 minute ago, This Charming Man said:

Jason Cummings on a flight to Australia on Saturday after agreeing his escape from James McPake according to the papers.

It just gets better and better, a talented player gone due to two facts, first being Jason Cummings is an absolute screwball and secondly a manager who clearly could not handle a wayward personality.

the-fast.gif.b3f0197899d0625668c9065b7bf8197a.gif 

We appear to be struggling big time to bring anyone in yet let a member of the 1st team squad leave without his replacement already in the door 🤦🏻‍♂️

McPake’s quoted in tomorrow’s papers that Griffiths is in great form [emoji23] that great he can’t get a start when Danny Mullen’s fit and usually gets 25 minutes here or there. 

Oh and Cummings is booked on a flight to Australia on Saturday. That’s  us needing another body in up front as well now. 
Outstanding.

Is he trying to create a team composed entirely of midfielders? He's a fucking clown [emoji23]

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

We appear to be struggling big time to bring anyone in yet let a member of the 1st team squad leave without his replacement already in the door 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yep, also worth noting, again according to the press, we were also after proven goalscorer Kyle Lafferty and he's now signing on again at Kilmarnock subject to a medical.

Kevin McDonald potentially signing for the DAB's really would be the final straw imho.

Regards 

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

One thing, our highest paid, bit part subby is off the books, we can now pay Griffiths a hefty wad to sit on the bench.

Minter.

If Griffiths gets a deal at this point I will be fucking raging. If he can't get starts now he never will, and he's never done enough in the admittedly limited time he's been getting.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If Griffiths gets a deal at this point I will be fucking raging. If he can't get starts now he never will, and he's never done enough in the admittedly limited time he's been getting.

You'll change your mind on that after his 84th minute free kick winner, and subsequent "kicking flare into East Stand" celebration, I'd imagine.