All things Dundee FC

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We signed him about 2 year ago m8.

More importantly, he served his purpose. Signed to help get us promoted, and we did with him playing a part. Now he is surplus to requirements since we're above his level.

But yes, it was all definitely about United.

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

That's correct. Everything revolves around Fundee Ushite-it and the Fruitbowl.

Thank you.

I've always been intrigued as to why that is the case for the vast majority of Dees.  I appreciate that (bar the admin-inducing blip and unless you are a pensioner), you've always had to have an envious eye to your over the road neighbours, but it really isn't good for you.  

1 minute ago, Finn Seemann said:

I've always been intrigued as to why that is the case for the vast majority of Dees.  I appreciate that (bar the admin-inducing blip and unless you are a pensioner), you've always had to have an envious eye to your over the road neighbours, but it really isn't good for you.  

Says the United fan talking about Dundee players on the Dundee thread.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Says the United fan talking about Dundee players on the Dundee thread.

Simply trying to help by pointing out that we are not the barometer against which you should sign your players.  Just in case you hadn't noticed we are only marginally better than you these days (despite derby results suggesting the gap is wider).

8 minutes ago, Finn Seemann said:

Do I have to explain sarcasm to you?

It's thoroughly boring when new posters bring their basic pish-spouting da patter that you see on Facebook and such. I'd like to believe P&B has evolved past all that (though I am often let down).

As a sidetrack, I notice big Uche Ikpeazu is being made available for a loan transfer from Middlesbrough, and I full expect McPake to try and get him. Seems like the kind of striker he'd like.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Do I have to explain sarcasm to you?

No, my reply was intended in the same vein.  Maybe I should explain...

In all seriousness just a bit bored - joined as I think the patter is generally good  - if Ross thinks mine is offside fair enough.  To be fair McDaid looked a world beater against us.

15 minutes ago, Finn Seemann said:

bf0d6f_cb8560da6c484bfd9e4a68d0fbe36f46_mv2.gif.b6df7540ba51ddbc02e75ae6931a6148.gif     

Yet more (probably unneeded) confirmation from McPake that we're almost definitely signing Griffiths on a permanent deal.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/leigh-griffiths-offered-celtic-exit-25970684

Spoiler

ugh

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

14 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Yet more (probably unneeded) confirmation from McPake that we're almost definitely signing a permanent deal.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/leigh-griffiths-offered-celtic-exit-25970684

Reveal hidden contents

ugh

I think to be fair it's potentially a master stroke between friends, by the sounds of it mcpake and dundee have threatened to activate the clause and send leigh back knowing full well that celtic don't want him anywhere near there club and most likely would pay him off in advance to get rid and then the club will offer him next to nothing potentially in regards to terms until the end of the season possibly? If that's the case I just hope he gets his finger out and starts to knuckle down and score none often when presented with chances 

Don't agree with offering Griffiths a deal, but it's prototypical Dundee to sign a player that has already been here more than four months and still looks like he's got a pillow stuffed up the front of his shirt.

I'm more certain than ever that a year to 18 months from now LG will be doing a Riordan/O'Connor and be turning out for Edinburgh City, Spartans or something as an amateur. It's got that sort of career nosedive written all over it. 

1 hour ago, derrydode25 said:

I think to be fair it's potentially a master stroke between friends, by the sounds of it mcpake and dundee have threatened to activate the clause and send leigh back knowing full well that celtic don't want him anywhere near there club and most likely would pay him off in advance to get rid and then the club will offer him next to nothing potentially in regards to terms until the end of the season possibly? If that's the case I just hope he gets his finger out and starts to knuckle down and score none often when presented with chances 

This will have been very clever, and tbh by the looks of things he has lost a fair bit of weight by the Aberdeen game. 

Did say weeks ago that this was the case and that the media were just feeding into OF clickbait. Facts and logic always seems to get in the way of a good story for even our local media these days. Sad times.

It's been blatantly obvious for weeks that we're trying to keep him here on our terms.

There's a rumour going about that sounds like it could be logical, but it's clear he's not good enough for this level.

We've been interested before under McPake but that was back in the Championship. He's a decent haddy of a striker that can do (quite poorly) all the things that McPake is looking for in his target man option.

Nikolay Todorov.

Nikolay Todorov (@NNTodorov) / Twitter

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

There's a rumour going about that sounds like it could be logical, but it's clear he's not good enough for this level.

We've been interested before under McPake but that was back in the Championship. He's a decent haddy of a striker that can do (quite poorly) all the things that McPake is looking for in his target man option.

Nikolay Todorov.

Nikolay Todorov (@NNTodorov) / Twitter

Seeing this after seeing United unveil Watt hasn't really lifted my mood, tbh.