All things Dundee FC

7 minutes ago, Girth said:

Glad Ambrose and Watson are off the table. 

Watson confirmed as not happening?

Feel like McPake does this on the regular. Dangles someone so shite in front of us so that we are all more accepting of who he ultimately does sign.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Boy on the other forum saying he's heard we have two Dutch players on trial.

Marc Klok, Ivo Den Bieman, Randy Wolters, Yordi. Any other Dutch superstars played for us?

Guy in the late 90s called something along the lines of Eric Van Eijs I think. Dreadful central midfielder. 

8 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Guy in the late 90s called something along the lines of Eric Van Eijs I think. Dreadful central midfielder. 

Frank 'The ice Cream' van Eijs. I've got a photo of me, him and Billio somewhere. 

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Anyone remember this Dutch legend?

image.png.1e165b4b02acd07df4ec54ff0de53a16.png

Guy on the left looks like an alky John Fleck. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Close enough, Khalid Hamdaoui. If not for deearchive.co.uk, a name probably forgotten to the history books.

Looked absolutely brilliant in his 5-10 minute cameo. People were genuinely of the belief on the forums that he was gonna scoosh the Scottish leagues. Alex Rae hyped him up massively.

And then he vanished into thin air and never played again.

5 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

the problem with the January window is it tends to be boys who are either not getting a game or no fucker has heard of that becomes available....lets not sign shite just for the sake of a signing or 2.

This is trueish.  Teams around us are certainly bringing in players who I've heard of who granted maybe aren't getting games but strength in numbers at least. We seem to be still stuck with a defence that is horrendous and only offer seems to be on the table so far is a striker.  

Again it is what it is but with Luton lad away we are down another defender and injuries n so on as it is. Time certainly ticking and I don't believe it's because our good scouting system is waiting for the perfect player either 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Frank 'The ice Cream' van Eijs. I've got a photo of me, him and Billio somewhere. 

Guy on the left looks like an alky John Fleck. 

Davie Nicholls.

Always was photogenic.

Nicholls_558435.jpg