All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

As bad as Griffiths has been, has that screamer at Pittodrie not gave him even a slight reprieve? Or was that very much a one off?

As good a goal as it was, it's no use if he only does it only once per each round of fixtures.

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

As good a goal as it was, it's no use if he only does it only once per each round of fixtures.

Aye I get that, and I wouldn't exactly take him at Fir Park. Will find it quite funny if he gets bulleted after scoring a 30 yard FK in his last game though.

When it comes to Griffiths, I don't think it's a case of us wanting rid of him despite the media putting that slant on it. I think we're wanting to reduce our contributions to his wage and are threatening to send him back if we can't come to an agreement and it's probably a bit of a bluff on our part as we know Celtic don't want him back but could come to that as McPake wants other additions in.

If we had a break clause and didn't want him, he'd have been back at Celtic Park yesterday. There's obviously more to it.

7 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

As bad as Griffiths has been, has that screamer at Pittodrie not gave him even a slight reprieve? Or was that very much a one off?

He'd be one of the signings of the season - if we just played Aberdeen every week. 

1 hour ago, Vernon gilmore said:

It wasn’t brilliant , it took a wicked deflection to beat the keeper 

It went boot - - > net. Nothing in between. 

41 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

When it comes to Griffiths, I don't think it's a case of us wanting rid of him despite the media putting that slant on it. I think we're wanting to reduce our contributions to his wage and are threatening to send him back if we can't come to an agreement and it's probably a bit of a bluff on our part as we know Celtic don't want him back but could come to that as McPake wants other additions in.

If we had a break clause and didn't want him, he'd have been back at Celtic Park yesterday. There's obviously more to it.

When’s his hearing about the flare incident? Assume we will be stuck with him when he gets a 10 game ban or something so pointless being here if he does.

Just now, K.T said:

When’s his hearing about the flare incident? Assume we will be stuck with him when he gets a 10 game ban or something so pointless being here if he does.

After the police investigation which I've no idea about.

You’re right, it could actually be 10. I also think Ludo could be right on the wages thing. We’ll keep him but pay f**k all because if he’s banned, or so unfit to be unplayable, then we need to free his wage to cover his replacement.

Despite knowing this would be the case anyway, it is still encouraging to be able to read it.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/2887482/dundee-transfer-news-james-mcpake-close-adding-new-faces/

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Just now, derrybiy said:

I think we're renewing mediocrity which is only ok if we then bring in some improvements. If we giver kerr or marshall an extension then I won't be happy.

Kerr I wouldn’t mind to cover both fullbacks but I’d be looking for new starters at right and left back. If Marshall can’t play further forward then it’s a no from me. The guy doesn’t know what to do defensively. 

Had a wee chortle earlier when reading the 'News Now' website to check the headlines to see what's happening at Dens.

Dundee Courier @ 1030, "Lawrence Shankland linked with return - could Dundee United, Aberdeen or even Dundee bring Beerschot striker back to Scotland?

Dundee Courier @ 1051, "Lawrence Shankland linked with return - could Dundee United bring Beerschot striker back to Scotland?

Well played Eric Nicolson at DCT, obviously read the United thread on P&B between 1030 and 1051 for reactions only to discover the man in question has now already represented two clubs this season!

Classy.