All things Dundee FC

I know it’s been said but it’s still annoying that the 2 defenders reported are within a 20’miles radius and at the completely other end of the spectrum is a guy that’s plays(Ed) in Canada, wtf is up with our scouting department(sort of)

Robert Thomson saying talks regarding Griffiths have dragged on because Celtic don't want him back. He trained with the club today, as would be expected until an agreement is reached.

We don't half get ourselves into stupid situations.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

15 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

How many times have you saw him play?

I've answered this one already. And this is the third time you have asked me this and I answered you on the second time.

Maybe should play him in attacking midfield.... 

Surprised you read my post this time 😉

One presumes you were on about Mulligan. If you were on about Kerr and Elliot then for me I'd like Elliot to be let go and Kerr I'd like for another player to be brought in and Kerr to fight for his position.

Do I believe this defence is going to be good enough to keep us up? With injuries and with what we have i don't believe so.

Merely my opinion.

I'd even take Paul Mcginn from hibs if he was to not get a game for them.... 

Edited by Robin.Hood

Really need to be doing better than Ashcroft in the Prem but I'm not devastated by the news.

Feel sorry for Griffiths if Robert Thomson is accurate in that we want rid and Celtic are reluctant to take him back.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Robert Thomson saying talks regarding Griffiths have dragged on because Celtic don't want him back. He trained with the club today, as would be expected until an agreement is reached.

We don't half get ourselves into stupid situations.

Is it stupid tho? Most were in total agreement when he signed that it was a very good bit of business with us thinking he’d get himself match fit and make a positive difference on the park. Then to insert a get out clause, if Infact there is one then that’s decent planning again in my humble opinion. Griffiths off field antics were my only worry about taking a chance on him. Surely for his sake his stupidity online will be a life changing experience. Went from being known as the guy who scored 2 incredible freekicks against England to being abused as a peado.  

Edited by Yenitit

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Really need to be doing better than Ashcroft in the Prem but I'm not devastated by the news.

Feel sorry for Griffiths if Robert Thomson is accurate in that we want rid and Celtic are reluctant to take him back.

Ashcroft is fine and I think has a worse reputation on here than within the general fanbase, so I'm fine with it.

I feel a bit for Griff too, but it's just the fact hitting home that he can't consistently do it at this level anymore if he persists with staying in the shape he currently is in. He could well be out of a club entirely within a few weeks, and his decision-making if that comes to pass will be interesting.

Kinda know what you’re saying Ludo but all of his problems are 100% of his own making.

14 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

I've answered this one already. And this is the third time you have asked me this and I answered you on the second time.

One presumes you were on about Mulligan. If you were on about Kerr and Elliot then for me I'd like Elliot to be let go and Kerr I'd like for another player to be brought in and Kerr to fight for his position.

Do I believe this defence is going to be good enough to keep us up? With injuries and with what we have i don't believe so.

Merely my opinion.

G_Man was blocked but you’re new alias is a reformed character. Still not so sure on your football knowledge tho 🙃 

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I can't say I feel sorry for him to be honest, we've given him a decent wage (no doubt) and a chance to get his life/ career back on track and he hasn't taken it, that's all his own doing.

I accepted him coming to Dundee unfit because he appears to have gone through some personal issues and wasn't playing at Celtic but he's been at Dundee since August, has been largely ineffective and is clearly unfit with a pot belly. That's totally unprofessional in my opinion and isn't the sign of a player that really cares.

He'll be at Kelty Hearts next season, I can't see many teams touching him.

23 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Merely my opinion.

Would be surprised if McGinn was to leave us at this time. He's still very capable and versatile, if not hitting previous heights. He may well push for a move in the Summer if he's down the pecking order though, or if Ron Gordon's supermarket sweep continues at pace this window. 

Just now, Chefki Kuqi said:

Would be surprised if McGinn was to leave us at this time. He's still very capable and versatile, if not hitting previous heights. He may well push for a move in the Summer if he's down the pecking order though, or if Ron Gordon's supermarket sweep continues at pace this window. 

Yeah was a swing tbh. More seen it on your page someone hinting about McGinn tbh. Literally take anyone over the two we have currently.

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Is it stupid tho? Most were in total agreement when he signed that it was a very good bit of business with us thinking he’d get himself match fit and make a positive difference on the park. Then to insert a get out clause, if Infact there is one then that’s decent planning again in my humble opinion. Griffiths off field antics were my only worry about taking a chance on him. Surely for sake his stupidity online will be a life changing experience. Went from being known as the guy who scored 2 incredible freekicks against England to bring abused as a peado.  

I mean stupid more in the sense that we knew that headlines follow wherever Griff goes, and for good reason. The punting of the flare towards the St Johnstone fans was the first real showing as to why, and he's still got that ban coming up whenever charges are properly filed on him for that. That would perhaps be forgivable if what he was offering on the pitch was too good to pass up, but that hasn't been the case. A good goal at home and a belter of a free kick away showed that skill is still very much there, but it is largely hampered by the shape he is in. All that combined with his general reputation within the football community has made it far more of a headache than it's worth for another 6 months.

While we were all excited by the prospect of what he could bring, we also knew it would be a gamble dependent on if he could bring it, and it's hard to argue that he has. While having the presence of mind to have included a break clause in the deal was sensible from us, I'd still argue we knowingly got ourselves into this mess by bringing him in in any capacity months after the scandal he was involved in. I personally think he gets far worse treatment than he deserves, but I value Dundee more than Griffiths and that's that.

1 minute ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Does he still get in at RB/RWB over Cadden and now Clarke? Loading up quite a lot in that area.

Just now, Robin.Hood said:

Yeah was a swing tbh. More seen it on your page someone hinting about McGinn tbh. Literally take anyone over the two we have currently.

Oh completely, I still think he's a great player and I can't imagine he'll be happy if he ends up being benched so I'd imagine a move elsewhere in the league is possible, but I reckon that may be in the Summer once the picture of his place is clearer. 

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Does he still get in at RB/RWB over Cadden and now Clarke? Loading up quite a lot in that area.

I think the idea in Cadden/Clarke being signed is probably not as a starter, but our defence has generally been lacking in depth out with the old guard for a while so I can see there being an appetite from the club to keep him in the interim. Albeit that depends on what else we do this window as there's rumours of another CB coming in, no real rumours sticking as to who that is at this stage however. 

6 minutes ago, Ronny Hotdogs said:

I can't say I feel sorry for him to be honest, we've given him a decent wage (no doubt) and a chance to get his life/ career back on track and he hasn't taken it, that's all his own doing.

I accepted him coming to Dundee unfit because he appears to have gone through some personal issues and wasn't playing at Celtic but he's been at Dundee since August, has been largely ineffective and is clearly unfit with a pot belly. That's totally unprofessional in my opinion and isn't the sign of a player that really cares.

He'll be at Kelty Hearts next season, I can't see many teams touching him.

Given that his last three goals have come against Aberdeen in the last nine months, just get McPake to tell Griffiths it’s been agreed that Dundee will be playing Aberdeen every week. He will believe that.

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Given that his last three goals have come against Aberdeen in the last nine months, just get McPake to tell Griffiths it’s been agreed that Dundee will be playing Aberdeen every week. He will believe that.

Tempting but i'll pass! Our record against Aberdeen in recent years has been bad enough playing 3/4 times a season.

1 minute ago, Ronny Hotdogs said:

Tempting but i'll pass! Our record against Aberdeen in recent years has been bad enough playing 3/4 times a season.

Ok, but in my senario you wouldn’t actually be playing Aberdeen every week.