All things Dundee FC

10 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

McPake on Griffiths' loan & break clause situation:

"We're in discussions at the minute regarding that as a club internally and externally with Celtic as well. A decision will be made tomorrow."

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/2886849/leigh-griffiths-dundee-set-to-decide-on-future-of-celtic-loanee-in-next-24-hours/

Surely means he's away?

54 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Griffiths to be punted back to Celtic and Cummings to be given another chance after doing well since coming back to training according to The Sun.

Not true for two reasons: 

1. It was in the Sun

2. it is actually quite sensible, no way we would do that….

Why can't you see it ? 

Nothing against him, just that the vast majority of the games he’s played were in League 1 so it’s hard to judge, plus with Cammy and Elliot already there he’d have to make a sizeable step up to even be second choice. Not because those guys are particularly good, just that it’s a big jump.

Tbh though, I didn’t think Anderson had any chance of making it and suddenly he became undroppable so would be delighted if Mulligan can do similar.

38 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Nothing against him, just that the vast majority of the games he’s played were in League 1 so it’s hard to judge, plus with Cammy and Elliot already there he’d have to make a sizeable step up to even be second choice. Not because those guys are particularly good, just that it’s a big jump.

Tbh though, I didn’t think Anderson had any chance of making it and suddenly he became undroppable so would be delighted if Mulligan can do similar.

Didnt Kerr do exactly this ? From being Peterhead best player and we then started playing him 

Kieran Freeman came straight up from Peterhead to become a regular starter for United, so how couldn't Mulligan. If you've seen him play he certainly has the build to avoid being muscled off the build, and the speed to break up the wing. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a proper shot, but if he was loaned to a promising side like Arbroath I'd probably be fine with that, provided we cover ourselves appropriately to do so.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 hour ago, stu2910 said:

Stu, having seen him a few times, he is more than worthy of being in the team. He has genuine end product and I can only see him improving.

Arguably, the Prem has better pitches and more time on the ball compared to the lower leagues and he is more than capable, well built and is a bit of a machine.

I hope he comes back and I hope he plays.

Didnt Kerr do exactly this ? From being Peterhead best player and we then started playing him 

He did, and Calum Ferrie was PoTY at Stirling (albeit in L2) and was never good enough, along with the majority of our youths in recent years. Kerr is also still one of the first names on many peoples (although not mine) list to be binned.

Stu, having seen him a few times, he is more than worthy of being in the team. He has genuine end product and I can only see him improving.
Arguably, the Prem has better pitches and more time on the ball compared to the lower leagues and he is more than capable, well built and is a bit of a machine.
I hope he comes back and I hope he plays.

Stop making me optimistic. I can’t handle being optimistic about both the Scotland team and Dundee youth players [emoji23]

Screw it, Mulligan for the Ballon D’Or

28 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

He did, and Calum Ferrie was PoTY at Stirling (albeit in L2) and was never good enough, along with the majority of our youths in recent years. 

Agreed. However if doing well and we are struggling in that position then surely be worth a shot ? If we get a right back in then yeah keep him at Peterhead for rest of the season but am I happy with Elliot and Kerr as our right backs? Absolutely not.

We need new defenders in. New contract for Ashcroft I think is mental but I believe he is a decent/ okay championship player.

41 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Agreed. However if doing well and we are struggling in that position then surely be worth a shot ? If we get a right back in then yeah keep him at Peterhead for rest of the season but am I happy with Elliot and Kerr as our right backs? Absolutely not.

We need new defenders in. New contract for Ashcroft I think is mental but I believe he is a decent/ okay championship player.

How many times have you saw him play?