All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So we're basing this on one game out of his 7?

No. He played *fine* for us when he had two mobile CBs either side protecting him and as a squad we were solid.

His clownshoe performance v Livingston destroyed all confidence and he was completely exposed as being done. If he's played in a back four teams will just need to put to balls down the channel whenever the FB pushes up because Ambrose can't turn quick enough to use any yardage advantage to make up for his lack of pace.

He'd be fine for us as 5th choice CB, probably only as the central one at that. McCart/Cleary will be the left option, Cleary/Brown/Rooney for the right. In a back four he'd be no use at all.

Just now, D TOTAL said:

Can it be discussed in the fermer thread? at least the Paul Watson thing may at least have a touch of truth 

There's nothing to say the Ambrose thing doesn't either and it'd be much preferable if it was gun to the head stuff.

Just now, K.T said:

Bring back Thomas Konrad

This I can get on board with.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

No. He played *fine* for us when he had two mobile CBs either side protecting him and as a squad we were solid.

His clownshoe performance v Livingston destroyed all confidence and he was completely exposed as being done. If he's played in a back four teams will just need to put to balls down the channel whenever the FB pushes up because Ambrose can't turn quick enough to use any yardage advantage to make up for his lack of pace.

He'd be fine for us as 5th choice CB, probably only as the central one at that. McCart/Cleary will be the left option, Cleary/Brown/Rooney for the right. In a back four he'd be no use at all.

Statistically, you've been better with him in your defence than without since he's signed.

With Efe:

P8 W4 D1 L3 Clean sheets: 3 Goals conceded: 8

Without Efe:

P10 W0 D1 L9 Cleans sheets: 1 Goals conceded: 16

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Statistically, you've been better with him in your defence than without since he's signed.

With Efe:

Without Efe:

Yeah using team statistics to judge player quality is just stupid, I'm afraid.

McCarts confidence vanished after the farce of the Livingston game and our whole defence has suffered, regularly changing the RCB since then an issuentoo. That's had a bigger impact on our poor defensive figures than not playing Ambrose. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah using team statistics to judge player quality is just stupid, I'm afraid.

McCarts confidence vanished after the farce of the Livingston game and our whole defence has suffered, regularly changing the RCB since then an issuentoo. That's had a bigger impact on our poor defensive figures than not playing Ambrose. 

Using 1 game to blame 1 player for another players confidence is absolutely top logic like. I love how you feel like your whole defensive misfortunes is because Ambrose had a nightmare in a game. Fucking hell. :lol:

I hope we don't sign Efe, but I'd much prefer that to a waster like Watson is the only point I'm making. For the sake of the other Dee's on here that don't want the Efe conversation to continue, I'll stop, but f**k sake man.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Using 1 game to blame 1 player for another players confidence is absolutely top logic like. I love how you feel like your whole defensive misfortunes is because Ambrose had a nightmare in a game. Fucking hell. :lol:

Where have I said that?

Ambrose had a nightmare against Livingston and got exposed. The whole defence lost confidence in that game, McCart the most noticeable after the frankly ridiculous own goal where he can't move his feet quick enough.

Ambrose wasn't standing out as shite before that as the defence around him was so good, but it was still clear he'd be straight out the side the moment Gordon was fit again as Ambrose had too many weaknesses. 

32 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

With Efe:

Without Efe:

I love stats.

Iain Davidson come on home 

Forget the bombscare you had at brechin today with scoring an own goal and giving away a penalty and getting sent off. 

Dundee is home .

58 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's 33. f**k off with the borderline racist shite that because he's Nigerian he must be older than he actually is.

He told Martindale while at Livi he can remember walking to pick up his birth certificate, which is damning enough. I'm not generalising, instead talking directly about Efe. The recovery and body analytics he underwent at Livi also backed up the suspicion, the profile being that of a player 4-5 years older than Efe is. 

There's a very real possibility that he is older than what he claims. That is regardless of where he's from or any stereotypes of Nigerian players.

6 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He told Martindale while at Livi he can remember walking to pick up his birth certificate, which is damning enough. I'm not generalising, instead talking directly about Efe. The recovery and body analytics he underwent at Livi also backed up the suspicion, the profile being that of a player 4-5 years older than Efe is. 

There's a very real possibility that he is older than what he claims. That is regardless of where he's from or any stereotypes of Nigerian players.

:lol:

Do you have a link to any of this, please? 

6 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

FFS. Livi fan in racial stereotyping shocker.

Hope big Marv is reading this and you get banned.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

:lol:

Do you have a link to any of this, please? 

No, comes from someone I know that works in the club. Apparently management were pissing themselves at the stories he told them and it ended up being passed about :D