All things Dundee FC

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Please, please, do.

I don't think Dundee fans realise how bad he is now. He can't run, he can't turn, he can't jump, he doesn't communicate. Despite all this he still tries to skin folk 20 yards from his own goal with nobody behind him.

Its the 3rd of January. If the best option your club has found as a CB option this January is Efe Ambrose then someone needs sacked as they've clearly not been arsed trying to identify players.

Strolled it at Dens tbf to him. I'm not approving of Efe, but I don't think you realise how bad our backline is. It's been a position of strength for your club for years so when you get an absolute donkey it's noticeable. When we get an absolute donkey it'd likely be an improvement on what we have.

If it's a straight choice between Watson and Efe, I'm on the Efe hype train!

Gallagher would be a good signing for us though.

Barry Smith had to scrap all our scouting systems (or rather it was scrapped before him) due to admin and he really suffered because of it and had to rely on signing mates and mates recommendations. We then got thrown into the top flight just as we were becoming relatively stable and it was panic stations.

John Brown made Archie Knox our scout and wanted him to set up his own system but was gone within months.

When Hartley came in, Hartley wanted to undertake the scout role himself. We heavily used Wyscout and he took on the job of about 3 scouts such was his dedication to the role but eventually this caught up with him as evidenced by his later signings but he was still attending pretty much every game available to him across the whole of the UK.

Neil McCann comes in. Dunno what the script is as he claims we have no scouting system (obviously) not even Wyscout which was a bit weird as Hartley definitely used it. He then gets that and just solely relies on that.

f**k knows about McIntyre.

And now we have McPake who heavily relies on his mates and I've no idea if he's tried to build a scouting system but with covid it's probably been difficult to implement even if he has tried.

Would it be worth bringing Fischer back or is he never gonna make it at this level, seemed decent enough last season(tbf we shipped what felt like a ton of goals)before we dropped him 2 leagues 

Just now, D TOTAL said:

Would it be worth bringing Fischer back or is he never gonna make it at this level, seemed decent enough last season(tbf we shipped what felt like a ton of goals)before we dropped him 2 leagues 

He's struggling to get a game for Forfar ahead of Steven Anderson and Munro at the moment. Has potential but his injuries have been big setbacks. Needs regular game time before we give him a go IMO.

30 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Nobody has claimed he's good. He's an improvement on Fontaine, Sweeney and Ashcroft though. 

He wouldn't be, at all. A complete liability who can't play unless you've got two mobile CBs either side of him to prevent him having to be in a foot race. I'll presume its just a fake rumour he's being linked as literally nobody could've watched him this season and thought he was close to it. Even our clownshoe manager punted him from the squad.

If you sign Efe you're 100% going down :D We thought he'd be first choice when we signed him, so did St Johnstone I imagine - or at least that he'd be somewhat competent. He's about 38 and can't play more than 90 minutes in a week as his recovery is fucked.

His 'Efe' moments seem to be getting a lot more common as the years go on too, utter bombscare defender of the highest order

Edited by ATLIS

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

He wouldn't be, at all. A complete liability who can't play unless you've got two mobile CBs either side of him to prevent him having to be in a foot race. I'll presume its just a fake rumour he's being linked as literally nobody could've watched him this season and thought he was close to it. Even our clownshoe manager punted him from the squad.

I didn't see anything about it til @Yenitit was going about early saying it to everyone.

38 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Barry Smith had to scrap all our scouting systems (or rather it was scrapped before him) due to admin and he really suffered because of it and had to rely on signing mates and mates recommendations. We then got thrown into the top flight just as we were becoming relatively stable and it was panic stations.

John Brown made Archie Knox our scout and wanted him to set up his own system but was gone within months.

When Hartley came in, Hartley wanted to undertake the scout role himself. We heavily used Wyscout and he took on the job of about 3 scouts such was his dedication to the role but eventually this caught up with him as evidenced by his later signings but he was still attending pretty much every game available to him across the whole of the UK.

Neil McCann comes in. Dunno what the script is as he claims we have no scouting system (obviously) not even Wyscout which was a bit weird as Hartley definitely used it. He then gets that and just solely relies on that.

f**k knows about McIntyre.

And now we have McPake who heavily relies on his mates and I've no idea if he's tried to build a scouting system but with covid it's probably been difficult to implement even if he has tried.

Fwiw with mcpake where the heck he got Malachi Walcott from I’ll never know and if he’d kept fit who knows what would have happened

Just now, ATLIS said:

If you sign Efe you're 100% going down :D We thought he'd be first choice when we signed him, so did St Johnstone I imagine - or at least that he'd be somewhat competent. He's about 38 and can't play more than 90 minutes in a week as his recovery is fucked

Davidson made the ridiculous claim he'd be replacing Jason Kerr (he's also claimed that Cammy MacPherson could replace Ali McCann and Ali Crawford can replace Wotherspoon...) as first choice RCB.

Not sure he played there once for us as presumably it became clear in training he couldn't run.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Please, please, do.

I don't think Dundee fans realise how bad he is now. He can't run, he can't turn, he can't jump, he doesn't communicate. Despite all this he still tries to skin folk 20 yards from his own goal with nobody behind him.

Its the 3rd of January. If the best option your club has found as a CB option this January is Efe Ambrose then someone needs sacked as they've clearly not been arsed trying to identify players.

To be fair that part is because he speaks very very limited English 

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's struggling to get a game for Forfar ahead of Steven Anderson and Munro at the moment. Has potential but his injuries have been big setbacks. Needs regular game time before we give him a go IMO.

Anderson is a decent enough centre half to learn from, so I imagine if he comes back next season it can only be as an improved player 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I want to preface this by saying I'm not in favour of us signing Efe Ambrose. At all. But your overdramatic pish doesn't get taken on board by most because you do it absolutely far too often. Let's look at the facts.

You've kept 6 clean sheets this season in all competitions. 2 were before Efe signed. Of the other 4 clean sheets, Efe has been involved in every single one despite only playing 7 games in total for you.

Here's some comments you made about Ambrose before he was linked with us. We will start with yesterday:

'Ambrose would probably be fine as back up tbh.'

And my next post will include a whole load of quotes from his time at St Johnstone since the multi-quote function is acting up and won't allow spaces in between.

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

If you sign Efe you're 100% going down :D We thought he'd be first choice when we signed him, so did St Johnstone I imagine - or at least that he'd be somewhat competent. He's about 38 and can't play more than 90 minutes in a week as his recovery is fucked.

His 'Efe' moments seem to be getting a lot more common as the years go on too, utter bombscare defender of the highest order

He's 33. f**k off with the borderline racist shite that because he's Nigerian he must be older than he actually is.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Here's some comments you made about Ambrose before he was linked with us. We will start with yesterday:

'Ambrose would probably be fine as back up tbh.'

Yeah, he would be 5th choice for us, that's better that not having anyone. But you lads keep saying he's better than your other CBs so likely want him as a starter. That's ignoring the fact we were desperate when we signed him, Dundee have a month's window to go.

Our defence was solid this season until his "performance" against Livingston which sucked all confidence from everyone.

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, he would be. But you lads keep saying he's better than your other CBs so likely want him as a starter. That's ignoring the fact we were desperate when we signed him, Dundee have a month's window to go.

Our defence was solid this season until his "performance" against Livingston which sucked all confidence from everyone.

So we're basing this on one game out of his 7?

ETA: The multi-quote function isn't working for me but there's posts from you and others praising Efe. One of your lot even described him as 'excellent' in late October. He's shite. I know he's shite. You know he's shite. He's absolutely not as shite as you're making him out to be though and that it'd be the end of times if we did sign him though.

Edited by Ludo*1

1 minute ago, D TOTAL said:

We’re obviously not looking at efe Ambrose so why is there 2/3 pages on this?

Because it's better than discussing the pros and cons of Paul Watson.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Because it's better than discussing the pros and cons of Paul Watson.

Can it be discussed in the fermer thread? at least the Paul Watson thing may at least have a touch of truth