All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

So that's it? Christ that's pathetic, I get that nobody likes Charlie, but what a horrendous claim to make from an applause emoji.

I don't see how its that big a deal either. Hes hardly asking her for nudes. I think its also the case if you react to someones story on IG it gets sent as a DM? 

Never a dull moment with Dundee FC though. Batshit crazy but definitely box office.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Colum’s unpredictability has no bearing whatsoever on suspicious betting patterns though.

While you are right, there are two ends to this, the betting and the players getting booked. You cannot make a decision by only looking at one end.

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

So that's it? Christ that's pathetic, I get that nobody likes Charlie, but what a horrendous claim to make from an applause emoji.

Much like the Griffiths stuff, you have to question why a high profile man in his 30s is sending DMs to girls who could still be at school.

I'm not sure what point you are arguing Ric?

Collum been unpredictable is pretty much irrelevant, unless it's implied he was the insider and went out of his way to book those 4 players.

The issue is whether certain players went out of their way to get booked as part of a betting scam. If they do something to get booked, but Collum doesn't book them then they simply commit another foul a minute later. If you really want to get booked you will generally manage it.

For example, a Dundee fan said Griffiths was booked for his fifth foul, and also reacted to the foul in a way which would be likely to get a booking in itself. This would be the type of behaviour that might be the focus of an investigation, along with Griffiths' usual fouling stats. His reaction to the foul is not out of character for him, especially in a game against Hearts.

I'd imagine this will blow over, and there's nothing in it. But if it turns out to be genuine, and Dundee get relegated due to a points deduction for cheating, thus saving us in the process... well, seriously, what a time to be alive!!

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Much like the Griffiths stuff, you have to question why a high profile man in his 30s is sending DMs to girls who could still be at school.

He didn't send her a DM, he reacted to her Instagram story with an applause emoji, which was what the notification was. That is an incredible stretch of logic to presume anything out of, particularly without context.

This is so fucking stupid.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

He didn't send her a DM, he reacted to her Instagram story with an applause emoji, which was what the notification was. That is an incredible stretch of logic to presume anything out of, particularly without context.

I think i'll leave this thread until after Xmas, where i fully expect to have to skim past at least 30 new, and increasingly desperate for attention posts from BoredomGuy 😂

Ugh. 

10 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'll be honest, I've never used instagram in my life so the photo above looked like a DM to me based on FB/Twitter.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Speaking of integrity, I'm sure that Dundee FC will invest at least as much furious energy into rooting out any confirmed betting cheats in their own squad, as they did in fabricating match fixing allegations about other football clubs in the 2013/14 campaign. 

Dirty, cheating Morten b*****ds.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

I'm not sure what point you are arguing Ric?

Collum been unpredictable is pretty much irrelevant, unless it's implied he was the insider and went out of his way to book those 4 players.

The issue is whether certain players went out of their way to get booked as part of a betting scam. If they do something to get booked, but Collum doesn't book them then they simply commit another foul a minute later. If you really want to get booked you will generally manage it.

I'll reply by basically quoting my last comment. It's all fine and well identifying people involved and the patterns generated, but unless you literally have a text that says, "Put some money on bookings and I'll make sure you win" then you need to look at the action on the pitch.

You mention Griffiths, but he considering his current situation, I'm not sure you could gauge his response with the sort of clarity you would another player. The same goes with Colum, we've seen him be inconsistent, so whether he books players or not, and is motivated by whatever reason, is also difficult to determine with clarity.

I said it already, this is the sort of thing that happens when your team is on a bad run. A death by a 1000 cuts and all that. I'm not sure there is all that much to it, simply because it seems like it would be too easy to spot, but I've been wrong in the past and I'd not be overly surprised if someone has been an idiot.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I'll reply by basically quoting my last comment. It's all fine and well identifying people involved and the patterns generated, but unless you literally have a text that says, "Put some money on bookings and I'll make sure you win" then you need to look at the action on the pitch.

You mention Griffiths, but he considering his current situation, I'm not sure you could gauge his response with the sort of clarity you would another player. The same goes with Colum, we've seen him be inconsistent, so whether he books players or not, and is motivated by whatever reason, is also difficult to determine with clarity.

I said it already, this is the sort of thing that happens when your team is on a bad run. A death by a 1000 cuts and all that. I'm not sure there is all that much to it, simply because it seems like it would be too easy to spot, but I've been wrong in the past and I'd not be overly surprised if someone has been an idiot.

If a player wants booked he can do it without it being a blatant lunge etc, it doesn't necessarily have to look obvious.

I think it's a strange point to argue and almost certainly WC won't be the focus of the investigation. Only the bookies will know normal bets taken on Griffiths etc getting booked so if its way over that then it's obviously suspicious. 

7 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

If a player wants booked he can do it without it being a blatant lunge etc, it doesn't necessarily have to look obvious.

I think it's a strange point to argue and almost certainly WC won't be the focus of the investigation. Only the bookies will know normal bets taken on Griffiths etc getting booked so if its way over that then it's obviously suspicious. 

Interesting that Griffiths is the one you name check...

The Griffiths incident was as much down to Collums ineptitude. It was quite vocal around me in the Derry the disagreement of the decision to give a foul, never one in my opinion and Griffiths reacted through frustration. There’s things happening to Griffiths where I think he’s getting booked, fouls given against him just because who it is. The Ibrox booking was a farce as were some of the decisions against him in the Hearts game. He’d have saw a straight red for the tackle Souttar put in on him if it was the other way around. 

Edited by Yenitit

13 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

The Griffiths incident was as much down to Collums ineptitude. It was quite vocal around me in the Derry the disagreement of the decision to give a foul, never one in my opinion and Griffiths reacted through frustration. There’s things happening to Griffiths where I think he’s getting booked, fouls given against him just because who it is. The Ibrox booking was a farce as were some of the decisions against him in the Hearts game. He’d have saw a straight red for the tackle Souttar put in on him if it was the other way around. 

Yeah 100%. I don't think a 50/50 decision has went in his favour during his spell with us as of yet.

34 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

When I said too easy to spot I was meaning the full action chain, not just specifically the act of getting booked.

Your point does highlight the issue though, without some very clear evidence it's difficult to prove intent.