All things Dundee FC

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You c***s moaning about building your team around Charlie Adam.

Enjoy what you've got there while you have it FFS, you'll struggle to see a better player at your club this decade.

Yer preaching pish to boys and girls who’ve watched Cannigia and Ravanelli amongst others. 

Fully expecting Aguero to pitch up at Dens in the summer 

Guest Wieghortsnut

Glen kamara is far from over hyped, he is a fantastic footballer and in my opinion should be playing in a far better league than ours 

Edited by Wieghortsnut

7 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Yer preaching pish to boys and girls who’ve watched Cannigia and Ravanelli amongst others. 

Its been 20 years since those two played for you ffs, I can't think of anyone in between who comes close to Adam apart from Leigh Griffiths the first time around? And even then I'm not even sure if that would be in the last 10 years? 

Don't give me any Greg Stewart chat either. A good player for this level who done well, but he's nowhere near Adam quality wise.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its been 20 years since those two played for you ffs, I can't think of anyone in between who comes close to Adam apart from Leigh Griffiths the first time around? And even then I'm not even sure if that would be in the last 10 years? 

Don't give me any Greg Stewart chat either. A good player for this level who done well, but he's nowhere near Adam quality wise.

Kevin Mcdonald.

Enjoy what you've got there while you have it FFS, you'll struggle to see a better player at your club this decade.

There hasn’t been that much enjoyment over the last season and a half to be honest.
We can probably put a lot of that down to the manager of course.

Greg Stewart was fucking fantastic. A 24 year old Charlie Adam would have been a lot better of course. I’d rather watch the Hartley teams of 14/15 and 15/16 than this mob.

10 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Fair assessment. I'm not taking on board the various excuses we've heard for Griffiths's lack of fitness. It's a fucking nonsense that a boy who should be in his footballing prime is lumbering about the place looking monumentally unfit and contributing very little. As pointed out above, Cummings is a fucking daftie, but at least he's acceptably fit. Unfortunately McPake appears to have signed him without a fucking clue on how to fit him into the team on a semi-regular basis, which is just bizarre and utterly pointless. 

In summary, Griffiths needs fucked back to Celtic as soon as possible (likely imo), someone needs to be planning for the medium term future where we don't have Adam being our near-sole chance creator (improbable) and finally McPake needs to be replaced as soon as possible (virtually impossible). 

Any Dees my age (48) will probably remember the promise of the 85/86, 86/87 and 87/88 seasons before one god-awful appointment in Coco set in motion a series of events that resulted in us losing Tommy Coyne to Celtic for comparative peanuts before the depressing 89/90 season where we looked doomed from early season, and despite a brief resurgence in late season thanks to Billy Dodds, we were pretty convincingly relegated. This season has that same feel of inevitability about it. 

Griffiths seems to have a bigger gut now than he did before he left us, he’s absolutely fucked his career. I thought the loan was for the season or did I get that wrong. Even if we have no strikers for the derby I cant see see us recalling him.

8 hours ago, Wieghortsnut said:

Glen kamara is far from over hyped, he is a fantastic footballer and in my opinion should be playing in a far better league than ours 

Hope not, for my own selfish reasons. 

I think it's fine for the short term but we clearly need to think beyond that. Without Adam we have zero creativity in the middle of the park.

It's also clear that our manager hasn't got a clue what to do when he isn't available.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I think it's fine for the short term but we clearly need to think beyond that. Without Adam we have zero creativity in the middle of the park.

It's also clear that our manager hasn't got a clue what to do when he isn't available.

We can rebuild him, we have the technology.

This whole escapade has made me feel quite sympathetic for McPake. It shows how a manager can't win if the fans have an axe to grind with him. Either it's McPake has lost the dressing room because look at what Cummings has done, what a shambles McPake is or no wonder Cummings did what he did because he's not getting a game, it shows McPake has clearly lost the dressing room, what a shambles he is.

For what it's worth, I don't rate McPake as a manager, but I think he's dealt with the situation well and punted a player home that's defied his instructions. There's no need to look at it from the precise angle that paints McPake in a bad light here because as far as I can see that's just reaching and he's not done anything that any other manager wouldn't do. And there's plenty of decisions McPake makes every single week that happen on the pitch that paint McPake poorly as it is.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

McPake saying Cummings turned up 'unfit to train'.

McPake is seething. Sounds like he's done. Proper hanging him out to dry.

Should've given him a big cuddle, and told him everything will be fine IMO. There's a player there, will be pissed off if he goes.

Thank you.

eta. He's already hung him out to dry by not playing him/on the wing.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again