All things Dundee FC

Quite a few people saying, quite rightly in my opinion, that we pretty much need an entirely new back 4. However, how realistic is that? I would imagine that bringing in 4 new players and playing them all at once is probably not a wise move. Do we bring in a new CH, then play him with Sweeney for a few games, then bring in new full back on either side? Bring in a new right back first and then the central defence? Either way, it’s not going to be pretty and could take until March to get an entirely new back 4 settled in. 

49 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Quite a few people saying, quite rightly in my opinion, that we pretty much need an entirely new back 4. However, how realistic is that? I would imagine that bringing in 4 new players and playing them all at once is probably not a wise move. Do we bring in a new CH, then play him with Sweeney for a few games, then bring in new full back on either side? Bring in a new right back first and then the central defence? Either way, it’s not going to be pretty and could take until March to get an entirely new back 4 settled in. 

A left back is priority number 1. The amount of times Marshall just backed off Boyle was frightening. Numerous times Boyle had possession out wide in his own half and was allowed to run to the edge of our box was frightening. Basque Jon used to block everything. Marshall neither tackles or blocks any crosses. Boyle basically had the run of the park down our left last night unless McCowan put in a challenge on him. 

It’s getting pretty tedious going to games now. Leave work early and don’t get home until midnight last night, then up again for work at half 6 after being out my kip from half 6 the previous morning for yet another piss poor performance with the same mistakes over and over again and not having a go at teams. Hibs were there for the beating last night and looked a poor side but we just stood off them. What’s the fuckin point?

Edited by Yenitit

5 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

A left back is priority number 1. The amount of times Marshall just back off Boyle was frightening. Numerous times Boyle had possession out wide in his own half and was allowed to run to the edge of our box was frightening. Basque Jon used to block everything. Marshall neither tackles or blocks any crosses. Boyle basically had the run of the park down our left last night unless McCowan put in a challenge on him. 

Marshall won't be replaced . Has it ever been mentioned we have been looking for a left back.? 

7 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Marshall won't be replaced . Has it ever been mentioned we have been looking for a left back.? 

Whether he’s replaced is 1 thing needing replaced is another. Boils my piss that he never puts pressure on the wingers 1st touch. We’re puss easy to play against. The constant switch of play to wide players is always on and causes us major problems. Basic, basic defending. 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Declan Gallagher being linked on loan on the other forum.

We've had flare kicking wastermen and audi driving  bevvy merchants so far so I think life threatening injuries administered by blunt force trauma should be a piece of cake...

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Declan Gallagher being linked on loan on the other forum.

Good, i was fearing we weren't meeting our criminal quota just yet imo

In all seriousness, I'd still say yes to a return at this point since he's miles better than what we have rn, though I'd expect him to bring a box of apology chocolates down for Byrne as well.

Are Aberdeen looking to get rid though? He's just back from injury himself and their back line hasn't been great all season.

2 minutes ago, Big Gus said:

We've had flare kicking wastermen and audi driving  bevvy merchants so far so I think life threatening injuries administered by blunt force trauma should be a piece of cake...

Forgot about 'plod punchers'.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Plays all 3 and has zero structure to our play when he does. The last 15 minutes last night was a farce. 

Yeah, completely lopsided squad. Why have 5? and no cover in other positions. We have had Cummings, Griffiths and Sheridan on the bench at the same time this year. I believe Jak is a striker too though have seen no evidence 😉