All things Dundee FC

7 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
1 hour ago, Yenitit said:
Hopefully between the pair of them they realise we need a left back, centrehalf and goalkeeper in January. 

I think if they get half decent players in in those positions we’ll be fine. 

And a right back and another Centre half.

Hard to argue against that. 

Legzdins is bang average and we could definitely do better. Actually don’t think January is a bad time to get a keeper. Some big clubs needing to put 3rd choice out on loan. Marshall was great going forward today but he just can’t defend. Thought we played half decent, Cammy should get a wee bit of praise fo sure. f**k knows. I’ll be very surprised if we stay up.

9 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Legzdins is bang average and we could definitely do better. Actually don’t think January is a bad time to get a keeper. Some big clubs needing to put 3rd choice out on loan. Marshall was great going forward today but he just can’t defend. Thought we played half decent, Cammy should get a wee bit of praise fo sure. f**k knows. I’ll be very surprised if we stay up.

Nah Legzdins is the best we've had since Scott Bain imo, and even he has some glaringly obvious faults. I am quite happy with him. Left back is an issue and a centre half with pace would be nice.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

The keeper is alright and will do. Having a defence that can defend would help. 

Marshall defensively has been an on going issue all season.. he is a championship player at best.

Kerr can have a few decent games but he also is a championship player at best.

Fontaine and Ashcroft are both shite.

Sweeney I'm 50/50 with .

Midfield Mccowan and McMullan I rave about and will carry onto. Just keep playing them in there correct positions.

McGowan I think is a championship player at best however he has did alright in recent games. Taking him off turned the game.. 

Anderson I like 

Adam we need to be thinking of finding a replacement for ... as much as we should build around him now I don't think he has another season in him... in the top league that is.

Mcghee n Byrne both fine just need to see what the best starting eleven is.

Strikers f**k knows. Can't even be fucked goinf on about them. Mullen right now deserves to be upfront on the basis he runs about n has scored a few however this area is still a problem area.

Anyway we ain't bottom so we go again.

January may be exciting....... probably not but hopefully 

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Spud, that's just reactionary nonsense. Legzdins has been more than decent for us. Only so much a keeper can do with that sort of defence in front of him and he bails them out time and time again with his willingness to come for the ball.

When a keeper comes for the ball, mistakes like today will inevitably happen a couple of times a season where they're made to look like an absolute clown. I'd much prefer that to the many previous keepers we've had that remain glued to their line.

Legzdins is the absolute least of our worries.

As a lower half team, we will always have a couple of jobber type players littered throughout the squad. Look all the way up to Hearts in 3rd, teams always have at least 1 or 2 players that are lucky to be playing in this league.

Our problem is that our entire defence falls under that category.

40 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

McGowan I think is a championship player at best however he has did alright in recent games. Taking him off turned the game.. 

As a County fan you're probably not wanting to hear from me but I and as few of my mates around me today were amazed/delighted that you took McGowan off. Imo he was the motm not only for what he did with the ball but his drive & workrate off it.

Your keeper f***ked up for the equaliser to make it 2-2 but tbf your defence didn't protect him much. I thought Fontaine had a great 1st half but was a mess all 2nd. He was gash for us about 3 years ago in the championship so I'm amazed he's playing in the top division.

You'll definitely be safe from going down if you can keep up with the high workrate, like the first half today.

7 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

As a County fan you're probably not wanting to hear from me but I and as few of my mates around me today were amazed/delighted that you took McGowan off. Imo he was the motm not only for what he did with the ball but his drive & workrate off it.

Your keeper f***ked up for the equaliser to make it 2-2 but tbf your defence didn't protect him much. I thought Fontaine had a great 1st half but was a mess all 2nd. He was gash for us about 3 years ago in the championship so I'm amazed he's playing in the top division.

You'll definitely be safe from going down if you can keep up with the high workrate, like the first half today.

Thanks bud. We have a support that has it in for McGowan because he's been played out of position many times and people just assume (myself included) that he has to be finished since he performs poorly in those roles. He's once again excelling for us just off the attacker and has probably been one of the keys to our recent decentish form (along with us playing a natural winger in McCowan).

Fontaine should be nowhere near the squad. I'd maybe consider putting McGhee beside Sweeney on Tuesday night if Adam returns for it.

4 hours ago, Fifespud said:

No, I’ve wanted him gone for months. He’s the best we’ve had since Bain but that really isn’t saying very much. I struggle to see how more folk can’t see it.

I agree. Often see him stuck to his line instead of commanding his box and catching crosses. No idea why he takes so long at goal kicks, his lack of urgency is frustrating. 

That's before we mention his errors. Shots that look like routine saves turn into goals, see the Derby winner and Porteous goal at dens to name a couple.

Bang average imo. 

3 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

I agree. Often see him stuck to his line instead of commanding his box and catching crosses. No idea why he takes so long at goal kicks, his lack of urgency is frustrating. 

That's before we mention his errors. Shots that look like routine saves turn into goals, see the Derby winner and Porteous goal at dens to name a couple.

Bang average imo. 

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Also Marshall is a liability. No idea why people rate him so much (especially have no idea why he was given MOTM v St J when McCowan and Mullen were on the pitch) but he's rubbish. Ashcroft is a big miss as he's been our best defender. Kerr has had an alright season after a slow regression in recent seasons. Defence on the whole isn't good enough and McPake's loyalty to them isn't doing him any favours. 

Would swap him with JR asap, Hibs can take him or leave him for all I care. McCowan has been the best player of our season so far, and he's only started picking him regularly since mid October. It's amazing what can happen when you play with two natural wingers. Was slated for criticising LG's fitness and attitude since he arrived but it's good to see others are catching on too. Get rid of him, Sheridan and Jakubiak as they offer nothing. No idea why Cummings hasn't had some of the chances Griffiths has wasted. Giving him two minutes at the end is an absolute waste of everyone's time. McPake is genuinely clueless.