All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, locheedee said:

To be fair though for all that was one of the shitest deals in the history of football, Boyle couldn't score in a barrel of fannies when he was with us

Was saying that to my co-worker today, the talent was there but he just needed to find some goals at the end of all the runs he made. He did eventually, just not with us.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Was saying that to my co-worker today, the talent was there but he just needed to find some goals at the end of all the runs he made. He did eventually, just not with us.

Yeah no idea if that was him or if it was the coaching he was getting. The fact we still can't score would suggest its maybe something wrong at our end... 😞

On 19/11/2021 at 20:00, ropy said:

I anticipated this option for the locals I was keen to understand if I needed to collect a bill of passage from Fir Park or pay for postage or if the electric medium of intertwined netting could be taken advantage of.

So, aye, a pound postage and the ticket will be mine through the post 

On 21/11/2021 at 06:43, 18May1991 said:

Interesting point this.  Jack Ross is one of those guys that kind of looks and sounds the part but I’m not sure what he’s actually achieved, anywhere, of note? not sure Glass really has the respect of others though. 

Hasn't been around long Ross. 

Alloa got relegated and that was about it.

St.mirren got promoted and he won manager of the year 

Sunderland lost in play off final.

Hibs doing alright.

On 20/11/2021 at 13:16, Ludo*1 said:

Apologies in advance this has nothing to do with Dundee. Just fell down a wormhole regarding Yogi.

I know we've kind of passed the Yogi point and even then, the argument was about his coaching ability rather than his managerial prowess, but I've had a quick look at his signings over the years and holy f**k. Even the poorest of Dundee managers have a better signing track record.

Starting with Hibs 09-10:

Danny Galbraith, Patrick Cregg, Kevin McBride, Graham Stack, Liam Miller, Graeme Smith, Mark Brown & Anthony Stokes. - 1 successful signing in Stokes.

Hibs 10-11:

David Stephens, Michael Hart, Edwin de Graaf,  Francis Dickoh, Valdas Trakys, Matt Thornhill & 100k for Martin Scott. - 0 successful signings.

One correction here in that Stack and Liam Miller were pretty good signings all things considered for Hibs (Stack only in the context of our decade of shite keepers though)

Can't really comment on any of his other teams but my memory of Yogi at Hibs was managing to overwhelm teams for 6 months with a ridiculously strong attack of Zemmama, Nish, Stokes and Riordan(credit to him bringing in Stokes) with some pretty handy players in Bamba, Miller, Wotherspoon etc behind them. He then turned a downturn in form into a runaway train of shite and later signed that collection of diddies which started the run towards relegation for us so not fondly remembered over this way. 

18 hours ago, RawB93 said:

A timely reminder that we swapped Martin Boyle, of semi final hat trick fame, for Alex Harris, now of Berwick Rangers. 
:lol: 

Reveal hidden contents

:bairn

A terrific piece of business

15 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Fascist banners, players sexually assaulting opposition players, fans attacking opposition players - what a fucking mess they are.

Don't forget fans assaulting and injuring rival players at nightclubs.

13 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Dundee in talks to buy back Dens? According to The Beano  Evening Telegraph.

Thank you.

Was the buy back of Dens not the start of moving to a new ground? Under Bennett the land could only be used for football but the club could buy it back to redevelop and help fund the moving to a new stadium. Apparently Keyes has as good as signed the documents for the new stadium down in London when he was last over about a month ago 🤷🏼‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Was the buy back of Dens not the start of moving to a new ground? Under Bennett the land could only be used for football but the club could buy it back to redevelop and help fund the moving to a new stadium. Apparently Keyes has as good as signed the documents for the new stadium down in London when he was last over about a month ago 🤷🏼‍♂️

New stadium in London? f**k sake!

5 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Cheers, can't read it because refuse to subscribe/gives the chunts any money.

Cheers, can't read it because refuse to subscribe/gives the chunts any money.

I can’t read it either, Calum the tadger was the straw that broke the camels back between me and that establishment! 

I think this buy back was mentioned along the same time as the moving to Nou Campy and was crucial to it happening, might be havering out my arse but I think that was mentioned. The other rumour was Nelms was in America recently looking at newly built stadiums of a similar size. Could all be nonsense, time will tell!

Edited by Yenitit

17 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I can’t read it either, Calum the tadger was the straw that broke the camels back between me and that establishment! 

I think this buy back was mentioned along the same time as the moving to Nou Campy and was crucial to it happening, might be havering out my arse but I think that was mentioned. The other rumour was Nelms was in America recently looking at newly built stadiums of a similar size. Could all be nonsense, time will tell!

Sorry for the red dot. I've pocket dialled before, but that's a first.

The article has some explosive bombshells in it.

We plan on buying back the stadium to help fund the new one. Bennett can't sell the stadium unless it's for another footballing venture which was a safeguard for the club.

We will then be homeless for a period and plan on groundsharing. The preferred option is St Johnstone but should we be unable to strike a deal with them then Gayfield would also be considered.

Tannadice is completely off the table as the board feel that would spark concern amongst the fanbase.

However, Tim Keyes again would be happy to have United as tenants at our new stadium.

Keyes was over last month to basically rubber stamp all this but the deal didn't quite get over the line although everything is still moving in a positive direction.

For @RandomGuy.benefit, we will be taking over McDiarmid for a period.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

We will then be homeless for a period and plan on groundsharing. The preferred option is St Johnstone but should we be unable to strike a deal with them then Gayfield would also be considered.

Tannadice is completely off the table as the board feel that would spark concern amongst the fanbase.

Fucking LOL at Gayfield being above Tannadice in the priority listing (though having the famous North Sea wind in our favour sounds not too bad)

Is it too much to just suck up some pride and share with down the road for a season compared to the rest? Idk, but I don't want to travel to Perth for every home game.

31 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Fucking LOL at Gayfield being above Tannadice in the priority listing (though having the famous North Sea wind in our favour sounds not too bad)

Is it too much to just suck up some pride and share with down the road for a season compared to the rest? Idk, but I don't want to travel to Perth for every home game.

This has all been gleamed from people speaking about it online. Not read Cran's exact wording.

Arbroath would be great. IMO. Proper old school, and it's what? 20 mins from Dundee, (10 mins for me)

f**k giving these dayglo's any money.

Thank you.

I'd be up for Gayfield for a season or so. 100%.