All things Dundee FC

15 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Again, a good bit of research Ludo - see what 3 weekends of no Dundee can do to a fan!

If only Hartley could have repeated, or got near to season 14-15 again.  We’d have never had to endure McIntyre!

I'd take even the 2nd seasons batch!

His Cove side went top of the league today.

Would certainly take him back. He's had 2 absolute disastrous seasons in something like 12ish seasons with 1 mixed bag season (second at us) then successful every other season and that looks like continuing this season so far. Far better record than most other managers in Scotland tbh.

He's said in an interview recently that he's missing full time football as well.

I'd take even the 2nd seasons batch!
His Cove side went top of the league today.
Would certainly take him back. He's had 2 absolute disastrous seasons in something like 12ish seasons with 1 mixed bag season (second at us) then successful every other season and that looks like continuing this season so far. Far better record than most other managers in Scotland tbh.
He's said in an interview recently that he's missing full time football as well.

I don’t really believe in going back but I would take Hartley back in a heartbeat right now.

17 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Apologies in advance this has nothing to do with Dundee. Just fell down a wormhole regarding Yogi.

I know we've kind of passed the Yogi point and even then, the argument was about his coaching ability rather than his managerial prowess, but I've had a quick look at his signings over the years and holy f**k. Even the poorest of Dundee managers have a better signing track record.

Starting with Hibs 09-10:

Danny Galbraith, Patrick Cregg, Kevin McBride, Graham Stack, Liam Miller, Graeme Smith, Mark Brown & Anthony Stokes. - 1 successful signing in Stokes.

Hibs 10-11:

David Stephens, Michael Hart, Edwin de Graaf,  Francis Dickoh, Valdas Trakys, Matt Thornhill & 100k for Martin Scott. - 0 successful signings.

Livi 12-13:

Tony Andreu (wasn't a success until Hamilton), Jordan Morton, David Luongo, Burton O'Brien & Jesus Garcia Tena - 0 successful signings.

Inverness 14-15:

Taarmo Kink, Edward Ofere, Ibra Sekajja, Lewis Horner & Ryan Baptie. - 0 successful signings.

Inverness 15-16:

Nat Wedderburn, Ryan Christie (loaned back to ICT - so not counting), Jordan Roberts, Dani Lopez, Owain Fon Williams, Iain Vigurs, Miles Storey, Tobi Sho-Silva, Dani Lopez & Alex Fisher. - 2 successful signings in Vigurs & Storey.

Raith 16-17:

Pavol Penska, David Syme & Scott Roberts - 0 successful signings.

Ross County 20-21:

Tony Andreu, Mohamed Maouche, Leo Hjelde, Joe Hilton & Jordan White. - 1 successful signing in White.

So since his successful spell with Falkirk in his first managerial job, he's signed 4 players who could be deemed as a success for the clubs he's managed in 12 years of management. Oft.

This is quite an informed and interesting post, until I read that Jordan White is considered a ‘successful signing’. Jeepers. 

On 19/11/2021 at 16:57, RossDee01 said:

Off the top of my head he left Falkirk after winning losing the Scottish cup final and left inverness after finishing 3rd and winning a cup the season before and finishing 7th in his last season. I’m not sure either of those clubs could go much higher so the only possible way was down.

Im not sure you can really blame him for the job the next manager did and I’m not sure a Falkirk team getting to a cup final and an Inverness team who finished 7th having competed in Wurope and won a cup the year before can be considered a “state”

What have the likes of Jack Ross and Stephen Glass done to get the respect they both seem to have?

Interesting point this.  Jack Ross is one of those guys that kind of looks and sounds the part but I’m not sure what he’s actually achieved, anywhere, of note? not sure Glass really has the respect of others though. 

Interesting point this.  Jack Ross is one of those guys that kind of looks and sounds the part but I’m not sure what he’s actually achieved, anywhere, of note? not sure Glass really has the respect of others though. 
Jack Ross' reputation appears to be based on beating a Dundee United side which was managed by Csaba Laszlo to the Championship title a few years back.

13 hours ago, Yenitit said:

What’s this with the dabs and a fascist banner today? Quoting Mussolini apparently. Tut, tut. 

Would've been a right laugh if dayglo boy tried that shite yesterday with Gowser. IMO.

17 hours ago, Yenitit said:

What’s this with the dabs and a fascist banner today? Quoting Mussolini apparently. Tut, tut. 

Do United staff not check banner displays like this prior to the match?  Very disappointing if they authorised a banner paraphrasing a facist dictator like Mussolini.  

It's a quote that has been around before Mussolini. Some claim it dates back to an ancient Tibetan quote (possibly not). Mussolini lifted it, variations of it have been around for a long time.

Do United staff not check banner displays like this prior to the match?  Very disappointing if they authorised a banner paraphrasing a facist dictator like Mussolini.  

19 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

It's a quote that has been around before Mussolini. Some claim it dates back to an ancient Tibetan quote (possibly not). Mussolini lifted it, variations of it have been around for a long time.

Never too old to learn.  I only knew of its connection to Mussolini.  Cheers rainbowrising. 

46 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

And the swastika is a symbol of peace?

Come now, let's not.

I'm happy to leave it with the Arabs being mentally unhinged overweight fascists.

43 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

A timely reminder that we swapped Martin Boyle, of semi final hat trick fame, for Alex Harris, now of Berwick Rangers. 
:lol: 

Reveal hidden contents

:bairn

To be fair though for all that was one of the shitest deals in the history of football, Boyle couldn't score in a barrel of fannies when he was with us