All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm still not sold on Sweeney. Sometimes he's a rock and others he's like bambi on ice.

Right now this is where I'm at. Would like us to keep at it with him n bin the rest ( eh ken won't happy but hypothetically speaking eh would).

Anyway the show must go on.

January see what transfers / loans come in 

3 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Same old stuff. Give it 3 months after getting a new manager and it will be exactly the same again.

I’ve noticed whichever one of the 2 erse cheeks is doing worse than the other their bigoted sh!te is also the worst. Sunday was an embarrassment for Celtic. 

f**k following a club because of religious and political reasons 🤦🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Same old stuff. Give it 3 months after getting a new manager and it will be exactly the same again.

Nah I disagree. I’ve always backed manager’s to the bitter end up until the appointment of McIntyre but no more. After 2 years McPake isn’t the answer. 

I’m more concerned about keeping Strachan than the manager tbh. If Strachan’s indicated he’d job ship if the manager was punted then I’m prepared to stick with McPake. Is he coaching the manager as well as the youths 🤷🏼‍♂️ Like I’ve said before Strachan apparently had a major say in the change of shape to the side at the end of last season. If Strachan isn’t fussed about who’s manager then McPake would be replaced before the month’s out. He’s probably about a 5/10 so far. 

Two full backs good in the championship but out of their depth at this level. Two big tough central defenders willing to put there bodies on the line, but the reason they have to is because they are caught out of position so often. Midfield non existent, Charlie not getting the same space and time and is creating next to nothing, him and Gowser in same team must delight opposition managers. Cummings doesn't work hard enough to deserve to be a starter. 5 or 6 player in the squad worth keeping and if the rest were punted it wouldn't bother me. That's where i am at with this squad.

38 minutes ago, rhumbaclub said:

Two full backs good in the championship but out of their depth at this level. Two big tough central defenders willing to put there bodies on the line, but the reason they have to is because they are caught out of position so often. Midfield non existent, Charlie not getting the same space and time and is creating next to nothing, him and Gowser in same team must delight opposition managers. Cummings doesn't work hard enough to deserve to be a starter. 5 or 6 player in the squad worth keeping and if the rest were punted it wouldn't bother me. That's where i am at with this squad.

Harsh.....................but fair.

eta disagree about Cummings.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

Nah I disagree. I’ve always backed manager’s to the bitter end up until the appointment of McIntyre but no more. After 2 years McPake isn’t the answer. 

I’m more concerned about keeping Strachan than the manager tbh. If Strachan’s indicated he’d job ship if the manager was punted then I’m prepared to stick with McPake. Is he coaching the manager as well as the youths [emoji2373] Like I’ve said before Strachan apparently had a major say in the change of shape to the side at the end of last season. If Strachan isn’t fussed about who’s manager then McPake would be replaced before the month’s out. He’s probably about a 5/10 so far. 

I honestly couldn’t care less about Strachan. If I’m honest he comes over as a total arsehole. This dalliance with Celtic - f**k off and stay Gordon.
Unless things improve, like we are no longer in the bottom 2, Jazzer cannot have another window.

35 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I honestly couldn’t care less about Strachan. If I’m honest he comes over as a total arsehole. This dalliance with Celtic - f**k off and stay Gordon.
Unless things improve, like we are no longer in the bottom 2, Jazzer cannot have another window.

10th or above by Christmas or punted. 

Thank you. 

9 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I maybe wouldn't go quite as far as that, but I'm not convinced all our problems would disappear like snow off a dyke with more input from him.  

George Cran posted a list of 12 players who are free agents at the end of the season (Article here):

Charlie Adam

Liam Fontaine

Alex Jakubiak

Shaun Byrne

Danny Mullen

Paul McGowan

Declan McDaid

Lee Ashcroft

Christie Elliott

Luke Strachan

Jason Cummings

Danny Strachan

How many of these names would you currently wish to see the club attempt to extend the deals of?

Guest Wieghortsnut
2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

George Cran posted a list of 12 players who are free agents at the end of the season (Article here😞

Charlie Adam

Liam Fontaine

Alex Jakubiak

Shaun Byrne

Danny Mullen

Paul McGowan

Declan McDaid

Lee Ashcroft

Christie Elliott

Luke Strachan

Jason Cummings

Danny Strachan

How many of these names would you currently wish to see the club attempt to extend the deals of?

Byrne and Cummings 

George Cran posted a list of 12 players who are free agents at the end of the season (Article here):
Charlie Adam
Liam Fontaine
Alex Jakubiak
Shaun Byrne
Danny Mullen
Paul McGowan
Declan McDaid
Lee Ashcroft
Christie Elliott
Luke Strachan
Jason Cummings
Danny Strachan

Had totally forgotten about Jakubiak.
I agree though - Byrne and Cummings, perhaps Ashcroft as back up as I doubt he’d be expensive. Mullen could be in that bracket too.

9 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

George Cran posted a list of 12 players who are free agents at the end of the season (Article here😞

Charlie Adam

Liam Fontaine

Alex Jakubiak

Shaun Byrne

Danny Mullen

Paul McGowan

Declan McDaid

Lee Ashcroft

Christie Elliott

Luke Strachan

Jason Cummings

Danny Strachan

Byrne, Cummings and Mullen. This is on the assumption that Nelms leaves any managerial change too late and we plummet like a stone back to the Championship. I expect Adam will move to a coaching role by then.

44 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Charlie Adam possibly to rangers coaching, according to the daily Rangers 

He certainly didn’t talk himself out of that link on talksport this morning. 

I’d keep Byrne, Adam, Ashcroft and the 2 young lads if they’re good enough. I presume the Strachan on loan at Forfar must’ve something about him if he’s just win league 2 player of the month.