All things Dundee FC

Just now, Yenitit said:

Surely Nelms has to be speaking to Strachan about who he’d recommend as manager when the inevitable happens.

If Nelms had anything about him he’d be sounding out McInnes, Lennon, Alex Neil etc this morning. 

Lennon?

I'd rather some incredibly vague modern art installation of the "idea of a manager", than Lennon.

That is a very firm, f**k that.

I have no opinion on the others, but Lennon is by no means a man manager and would struggle with some of the players we have.

5 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Lennon?

I'd rather some incredibly vague modern art installation of the "idea of a manager", than Lennon.

That is a very firm, f**k that.

I have no opinion on the others, but Lennon is by no means a man manager and would struggle with some of the players we have.

All about opinions. I personally couldn’t careless about a man manager. However someone who can organise a side, make them defensively sound and has had a successful track record fits the bill for me and Lennon ticks all those boxes. 

18 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Do you think either are good enough if we want to remain in this league?

Marshall as an attacking wing-back is more than good enough even if he's lacking defensively. Would be all about the right set-up for him to succeed.

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

All about opinions. I personally couldn’t careless about a man manager. However someone who can organise a side, make them defensively sound and has had a successful track record fits the bill for me and Lennon ticks all those boxes. 

Don't think he would get on with Charlie, so it's a no from me.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Marshall as an attacking wing-back is more than good enough even if he's lacking defensively. Would be all about the right set-up for him to succeed.

A wing back’s got to be able to do both sides of the job and unfortunately Marshall is very poor defensively. Could he maybe do a job as a left midfielder 🤷🏼‍♂️ I think he gets ripped a new one any time we play a decent team. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Neil Lennon, the man who turned a one horse race into a three team event with the biggest budget by miles and also rarely turned up for training (or worse, turned up pished).. That Neil Lennon? 

Yeah that one. The one that turned Hibs around. 

I’ve never heard this doesn’t turn up for training and when he does he’s pish, can you confirm this as true? 

Edited by Yenitit

Must be bad if that haddy Lennon is getting mentioned as a replacement. He’s not got a clue.

Every teams first objective when they get promoted must be to stay in the division. Quite a few billy big baws Dundee fans were talking about finishing top six. It ain’t as easy as that - we know all too well.

There still more than three quarters of the season left - anything can happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Biscuits said:

Must be bad if that haddy Lennon is getting mentioned as a replacement. He’s not got a clue.

Every teams first objective when they get promoted must be to stay in the division. Quite a few billy big baws Dundee fans were talking about finishing top six. It ain’t as easy as that - we know all too well.

There still more than three quarters of the season left - anything can happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only 1 scenario happening if we don’t make some changes. 

I thought us lot on here pretty much thought we’d do well to get 10th with our current staff tbh. Obviously expect better tho. 

15 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

A wing back’s got to be able to do both sides of the job and unfortunately Marshall is very poor defensively. Could he maybe do a job as a left midfielder 🤷🏼‍♂️ I think he gets ripped a new one any time we play a decent team. 

I think Marshall has been one of our best players this season.

16 hours ago, Meadow_Jock said:

Lord, Mcpake looked absolutely broken in his Sportscene interview.

I do feel a bit sorry for him, as by all accounts he's a good guy, but for me he's got until the end of the opening round of fixtures, i.e. three games culminating in Ross County at home. By the end of that round we need to:

1) be above Ross fucking County

2) be there because of an actual win, none of this "by default" shite. 

I've backed McPake up until now and previously said he should be given the season but I agree with this. If we are still bottom of the league after the County game then that's the time to pull the trigger. He still has a chance to save his job.

29 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Anderson's been the best player so far this season.

Anderson has been alright. I actually can't decide who has been our "best" player.

Marshall has improved i feel in an attacking sense but still shite defensively. 

Mcmullan has did alright however maybe the championship is his level.

I like Byrne but hasn't been up to much and some games he has been nowhere to been seen.

Yup no standouts and i can't choose. Can't be a defender. Ashcroft is stinking. Again a championship player in my opinion. I dont feel many of our squad are top flight football "quality" if you will.

Meh. 

Is Robertson getting a game for Cove? 

38 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think Marshall has been one of our best players this season.

He played well against Rangers, was probably our best player that day. Aside from that he's been nothing short of abysmal and has been at more fault for goals through individual errors than Cammy Kerr. I'm not getting involved in the debate of who's better but neither are good enough for this league.

Being at fault for all 3 goals on Saturday seems to be getting underplayed on here - that's absolutely shocking. Beaten down the line each time and there were other instances in the game where it didn't result in a goal. 

I'd go as far to say as Marshall's performance on Saturday was by quite a distance the worst individual performance from a Dundee player all season.