All things Dundee FC

13 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Kind of absolutely fucking hate this team at the moment. It's easy for the peanut gallery to wander in here after looking at the scorelines and immediately conclude our squad a pile of diddies not fit for this league, but the majority of our losses in this recent streak (today obviously not included) have included performances worthy of at least a couple decent results. This team is being mismanaged back to where it has just came from and it's infuriating. The performance itself was bad enough, but had we not squandered every decent performance so far it wouldn't feel as catastrophic as it does. This team can easily finish at the very least 10th if used to its potential, but that is absolutely not happening right now.

At least we'll be spared next week from this pish.

Unfortunately next week you will be treated to the eye bleeding pish that is Scotland playing Israel (again) in its place.

Not sure it is going to be much of an improvement on this week’s fare to be fair….

7 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Unfortunately next week you will be treated to the eye bleeding pish that is Scotland playing Israel (again) in its place.

Not sure it is going to be much of an improvement on this week’s fare to be fair….

Are you kidding me? An absolute treat in comparison. At least all of Scotland will share my joy or misery as well.

Kind of absolutely fucking hate this team at the moment. It's easy for the peanut gallery to wander in here after looking at the scorelines and immediately conclude our squad a pile of diddies not fit for this league, but the majority of our losses in this recent streak (today obviously not included) have included performances worthy of at least a couple decent results. This team is being mismanaged back to where it has just came from and it's infuriating. The performance itself was bad enough, but had we not squandered every decent performance so far it wouldn't feel as catastrophic as it does. This team can easily finish at the very least 10th if used to its potential, but that is absolutely not happening right now.
At least we'll be spared next week from this pish.

Pretty much what I said so hence, I agree. I’ve been going for 40 years and it’s the Dundee way.
Who is the guy that got chucked out? Quality. Turned up with his burd and kid (I’m assuming) and got right in about the Ultra wanks from the get go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Could Dave Mackay take over as manager if McPake gets his Jotters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By his own words, Nelms has a vast database of potential candidates, with each potential candidate scored accordingly.  So far the computer has churned out:

McCann - No experience.  Good Dee.

McIntyre - Plenty of experience.  Hates the Dees.

McPake. - No experience.  Good Dee.

So, it’s time for someone with plenty of experience that hates the Dees.  Suggestions?

Personally, I think Nelms has to update the computer for success to follow.

FE9B5484-2A46-4637-BFEE-93CDD7548347.jpeg

Said it in the match thread after about 15 minutes but I’ll say it again in here: today is all on McPake. I’ve backed McPake up until now (and I’m not suddenly calling for him to be sacked after today) but he got it all wrong. He’s also came out and thrown the players under the bus, and while they were also pish, he has to take responsibility.

Hes come out constantly and praised how well we’ve been playing this season and just not had the luck in front of goal which I can agree with and most on here will. However, if we’ve been playing so well, why the f**k have you completely changed the whole system?

Players didn’t have a clue out there. Nobody seemed to know who was supposed to be tracking which runners and it was a total clusterfuck. A tactical shambles today.

Like I said, I’ve backed McPake however the change of system because we played okay with it against Rangers (completely ducking different to St Johnstone) is incomprehensible especially after what he’s been saying all season.

I’m fucking seething that he’s put all of the blame on the players.

Edited by RossDee01

6 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Said it in the match thread after about 15 minutes but I’ll say it again in here: today is all on McPake. I’ve backed McPake up until now (and I’m not suddenly calling for him to be sacked after today) but he got it all wrong. He’s also came out and thrown the players under the bus, and while they were also pish, he has to take responsibility.

Hes come out constantly and praised how well we’ve been playing this season and just not had the luck in front of goal which I can agree with and most on here will. However, if we’ve been playing so well, why the f**k have you completely changed the whole system?

Players didn’t have a clue out there. Nobody seemed to know who was supposed to be tracking which runners and it was a total clusterfuck. A tactical shambles today.

Like I said, I’ve backed McPake however the change of system because we played okay with it against Rangers (completely ducking different to St Johnstone) is incomprehensible especially after what he’s been saying all season.

I’m fucking seething that he’s put all of the blame on the players.

Am I right in thinking he gets on well with most of the players on a personal level? If I was one of your players, I'd be fucking raging after hearing that shite from him

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Am I right in thinking he gets on well with most of the players on a personal level? If I was one of your players, I'd be fucking raging after hearing that shite from him

I’d assume so given that he’s played with a lot of them and signed the rest of them. They’ve also definitely been playing for him up until now and you can’t say that 100% effort hasn’t been given from the players, even today. 

It just doesn’t sit right with me that anyone can see that the game was lost before kick off today because McPake fucked up by changing something that didn’t need to be changed yet he’s taking absolutely no responsibility.

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I presume he does. Kerr and Fontaine are coaching and helping the youngsters ( however get paid to play football and are both a liability). I presume McGowan is his pal as he keeps playing him ( out of position mostly so just fits him in). 

So many players are simply not good enough and he had a chance to rectify it in the summer. 

I've been in the mcpake out camp regardless of being promoted. Beating Kilmarnock didn't change my opinion. Only difference for me compared to a lot is I excepted ages ago we are stuck with him and how shite we are. It is what it is at the end of the day until something gives.

5 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I for one, after two seasons plus, have had enough of his under-developed professional coaching progression.

James McPake can without doubt form part of an ongoing successful Dundee FC coaching staff, however not under any circumstances as the 1st team manager at this time, imho. This is reality, however distasteful it may seem to some.

We've had without doubt some positive performances this season with no deserved reward, 3 points from a possible 24 and a goal difference of minus 11 after 8 games tells a different story and is heading towards being relegation fodder long before the business sharp end of the campaign.

Merely my concerned opinion, yet again!

Only John Nelms' has the business answer and in the meantime we all wish James McPake good fortune.       

44 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

I for one, after two seasons plus, have had enough of his under-developed professional coaching progression.

Same here, that's it for me. He's had more than enough time, and we are going nowhere, not interested in bullshit from Strachan or anybody else.

Thank you.

McGhee has played (really) poorly in a couple of games this season but I'm surprised he's used up all his goodwill already.

One of our most important players and some saying he's never a midfielder or even worse, 'is never a footballer'.

Strange one to focus on when we've the likes of Cammy Kerr, Liam Fontaine and even the likes of Ashcroft and McGowan (who I love) that should be targets of ire before McGhee IMO.

Guest Wieghortsnut
5 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

By his own words, Nelms has a vast database of potential candidates, with each potential candidate scored accordingly.  So far the computer has churned out:

McCann - No experience.  Good Dee.

McIntyre - Plenty of experience.  Hates the Dees.

McPake. - No experience.  Good Dee.

So, it’s time for someone with plenty of experience that hates the Dees.  Suggestions?

Personally, I think Nelms has to update the computer for success to follow.

FE9B5484-2A46-4637-BFEE-93CDD7548347.jpeg

Why is mcpake a good dee?

Guest Wieghortsnut

I take it nobody remembers that James mcpake wasn't that good? Ah sorry I forgot he scored against united.....so did fucking John Sutton 

McGhee has played (really) poorly in a couple of games this season but I'm surprised he's used up all his goodwill already.
One of our most important players and some saying he's never a midfielder or even worse, 'is never a footballer'.
Strange one to focus on when we've the likes of Cammy Kerr, Liam Fontaine and even the likes of Ashcroft and McGowan (who I love) that should be targets of ire before McGhee IMO.
I don't think anyone is saying that - but he has been very poor recently - looks lost without Adam.

I also don't think having him, Byrne and a back 5, helped matters yesterday.

The defence is a shambles but it isn't helped by having a midfield playing so deep.

McGowan also frustrated me - there were times where he could have played out a quick but chose instead to hold on to it then pass back - he just slows the play down way too much. I like him and he's been a loyal servant of the club but I think he's past his use by date now.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Why pick on Cammy kerr again and again who has actually been fine this season so far , the goals came from a very poor Marshall yesterday, and yes Marshall has probably been our best player last month , but geez he was worse than bogging yesterday , as for Fontaine yes he needs to go far to slow and his second touch is always a tackle , bring McGee back in in his place 

6 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Why pick on Cammy kerr again and again who has actually been fine this season so far , the goals came from a very poor Marshall yesterday, and yes Marshall has probably been our best player last month , but geez he was worse than bogging yesterday , as for Fontaine yes he needs to go far to slow and his second touch is always a tackle , bring McGee back in in his place 

McGhee doesn’t need to drop back, just go back to the back 4 with Sweeney and Ashcroft.

14 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Why pick on Cammy kerr again and again  

Because he's fucking stinking and shouldn't be anywhere near the club - nor should he have been for the last three year free dinner ticket he's had. 

HTH. 

14 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

From the opposition side it looked like Kerr was OK yesterday. You seem to have much bigger problems with Fontaine and (goal aside) Sweeny looks a liability. Keeping the ball on the ground and Rooney and MOH running at him was mentioned before the game in the match thread so it wasn't a tactical masterstroke that McPake couldn't see coming a mile off.