All things Dundee FC

16 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Is the talk of the new stadium still on?

Hadn't heard it mentioned for ages, but thought the pre Covid hold up was something to do with a slip road onto the kingsway?

I hear your point on soulless bowls, but it's kind of up to the fans to make that not happen. If you go too big a capacity and barely fill it, then yeah,not great, but if you get it right, would be cracking.

The old stadiums have a character you cannot replicate, but I suppose Dens as you know it is unsustainable, especially the derry. If you had build a stand along there the same as behind the goals, it would have been brilliant. 

The unsustainable part of Dens is the Main stand, not the Derry.

Nah, it's not all up to the fans, I would like a small 2 tier set up, that feels like it is right on top of the pitch, that way in games with less attendances, you can close a tier of a couple of ends.

Edit...

Like the Kalmar FF stadium, 12k.

DwiYh1SX0AAQPaP.thumb.jpg.70b47cab727273d59e7eef57fd7db7c0.jpg

Edited by johnnydun

36 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Nah, it's not all up to the fans, I would like a small 2 tier set up, that feels like it is right on top of the pitch, that way in games with less attendances, you can close a tier of a couple of ends.

Edit...

That would be fantastic, but is a new stadium really a reality or is it one of those things trotted out every so often to keep the fans happy? It's been years that this has been proposed and kind of like Aberdeen always seems to get kicked down the road for different reasons.

Obviously, not directly impacting my club, but for I think scottish football as a whole, grows when we get better facilities across the board.

On the  main stand bring the issue, I thought it got a bit of a renovation a few years back when end stands were done or was that just cosmetic? To the untrained eye, it's looks like the Derry is on its last legs and near falling down....

Unfortunately Dens along with Starks Park and in part East End Park have all ended up with the best facilities at the ends and limited view at the side.

At Dens the half of the pitch furthest away from Tannadice has hardly anyone able to watch from the side in part due to the removal of the main stand enclosure.  Starks Park has the two massive end stands and half the railway side and the atmosphere at East End Park suffers from the home and away fans in the main being 100m apart.

A new build can have atmosphere if its built the correct size and home and away fans are close together.

On 28/09/2021 at 14:05, Ludo*1 said:

Rotherham are apparently our model of success as far as stadium design goes btw.

Is Dundee twinned with Rotherham?

They have been in administration twice just like your club. Great model to follow. 

If we actually have the audacity to score on Saturday I’m demanding a celebration of pretending to kick flares into the wee precious Saintees stand. 

Hope to see our young team firing flares onto the park/home end on Saturday. 

Thank you. 

Edited by Yenitit

If anything my respect for him has grown over this incident.  He's lived the dream of thousands by getting paid to kick a highly explosive device into a group of tories.  A real thing of beauty.
Post of the year imo. Glorious [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Edit...

I'll be mortified when/if Dundee ever move stadium but if it was for something like this, maybe even i'd come round to the idea.

Any St Mirren esque pish would really depress me and i'd consider going to away games only. 

Anyone driving through on Saturday there's parking at The Glover Arms less than five minutes past the stadium. Usually got in there even close to kick off when driving through. It's also easier for getting out the cesspit asap post match or when you've seen enough. 

If the mental Perth young team /bedsheet artists would like to hover about around Tesco as i walk past around 14.50 i'd love to go through the roasters like a ten tonne truck. No HGV license needed to wipe out the wee shitehouses. 

Thank you. 

7 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Edit...

I like that. I was also impressed with the Maribor stadium when we played them 2/3 years ago.

11,600 capacity and it looks cracking IMO.

364F1AEB-F6B8-44B6-88D3-DF0D171326CF.jpeg

31BA2D25-DCEF-4AF8-A08B-1A43A821071D.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

I thought this stadium was pretty much signed and ready to be built ? Thought we had a few on here who were itk regarding all this? 

Something to do we the roads and the council being fannies about it delaying it or some shite like that 

Last story that came out was Nelms saying they had appointed a project manager and almost had all the money together to get started.

Pretty sure the road issues have been sorted out and as far as I know the design has been through planning and building standards. 

10 hours ago, locheedee said:

Last story that came out was Nelms saying they had appointed a project manager and almost had all the money together to get started.

Pretty sure the road issues have been sorted out and as far as I know the design has been through planning and building standards. 

Covid has slowed things right down and like all these things, they never go to plan but the last update which you covered was the most promising of all.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Covid has slowed things right down and like all these things, they never go to plan but the last update which you covered was the most promising of all.

Like you say Ludo, I suspect Covid will have slowed things down again but it definitely did sound positive that they were going ahead. The lack of updates might make folks worry (myself included) but re reading that yesterday, Nelms said we'd get another update once the finances were in place and they were ready to start...

Considering Dundee is a UNESCO city of design, it would be nice if the new stadium wasn’t just a copy of a fairly boring looking Rotherham stadium. No doubt it will be though as the cost will be much lower.

Prefer that 2 tier ground on the inside as you’d imagine the atmosphere will be great and quite imposing.