All things Dundee FC

Paul Hartley's Cove only able to name 3 subs on the bench and pumping Billy Dodd's Inverness side by 2 goals before HT.

smug the hustler GIF by Maudit

So since this statement has came out how does everyone feel about the squad and where do you feel we will finish in the league? 
Get the predictions in their

Like TCM pissed off there’s no GGS. I’m optimistic, although I always am at this point in the season. Slight concern is at centre half but hopefully 1 of Sweeney and Panter will come good. We’ve signed 2 CH’s (can’t be worse than that cunt Forster), a big striker (who maybe shit but it’s hard to imagine he can worse than the Mouse), a new keeper (where we here hideously short this time last year) and a left sided wide man. That all positive and we have a really tight knit group from last season. Optimistic tinged with realism - 7th for me.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:
Paul Hartley's Cove only able to name 3 subs on the bench and pumping Billy Dodd's Inverness side by 2 goals before HT.
200.gif&key=15f275629be611fc797890579086514e9a0b0af69689851026703771f1d1c498

Dodds won't last the season.

As soon as he gets punted he'll be right back on OTB so I'm unsure what I want.

It's lose-lose :(

6 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

So since this statement has came out how does everyone feel about the squad and where do you feel we will finish in the league? 

Get the predictions in their 😀

Kind of a shrug of the shoulders from me.  Sheridan wasn't quite what I'd hoped for but I don't think he was signed explicitly to score goals, so eager to see what he can bring to the team. 
I think defensively is where we are weakest and would like to have seen an upgrade at RB. Uncertain how whoever Ashcroft's partner is will fare over the piece.

Otherwise though, I think we're right to have virtually the same starters as last season, with the obvious upgrade of a natural left winger in McCowan coming in, seems to enjoy a shot too. Also happy to have McGowan who has played arguably some of his best football for us there. I like him as a kind of inside playmaker there as again it's something different.

McGhee, Byrne and Adam I really love as a midfield 3 and it'll be interesting to see our development plans for Robertson and Anderson and whether they can make an impact in the first team. 

I think 433 suits us and hopefully unlike other seasons where he's had to change it midway through, we can start with some familiarity and carry some (positive!) momentum forth from the previous. 

Reckon we'll have a decent-ish season and finish 8th-10th. But tbh I just canna wait to see Adam shooting from 50yds in the first derby :wub:

Am I correct in that thinking we’ve broke ground on the start of the new stadium?

Has any form of plan been put out ie capacity, how its built or if it’s gonna be proper grass/3G/grass master hybrid?

Edited by D TOTAL

I watched James Vincent for Hereford last night and he was actually pretty good! 

Maybe Conference North is his level...

14 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Get the predictions in their 😀

Some half decent looking signings. Not getting carried away though. I'd still bite your arm off for 10th place right now.

Anyone got the new home/away shirt? 

I know it's Macron...what's the size like? 

I'm large usually so wondering if L or XL is best for a man with my 'curvy' figure. 

Edited by Girth

59 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Where are you hearing this? I hope it's true.

I’m possibly wrong but for this stadium being announced about 3 year ago I’d imagine they’ve at least put the cones out for it

Anyone got the new home/away shirt? 
I know it's Macron...what's the size like? 
I'm large usually so wondering if L or XL is best for a man with my 'curvy' figure. 
The last couple of Macron shirts I got were large and fit quite well. I have a bit of a beer belly......just a bit mind. Maybe better going into shop and holding it up against your curvy body

5 minutes ago, SpiderDee said:

The last couple of Macron shirts I got were large and fit quite well. I have a bit of a beer belly......just a bit mind. Maybe better going into shop and holding it up against your curvy body emoji16.png

I live a bit too far away! 

The two Macron tops I've bought since we went with them have been pretty tight fitting - which is fine for me as I'm a slim c**t - but I'd maybe get a size up to cater for the@Girth

I'd go a size up.  I had a beer belly when I 1st got them sent to me and they were very tight, kind of like Kylie Minogue's hot pants from the 90's.  I've slimmed down a bit and they fit a bit better now.

I presume Sheridan’s international clearance hasn’t come through. McPake’s paying Montrose the utmost respect with his line up but was hoping to see a couple of the new signings get a longer run out.