All things Dundee FC

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just for balance, the Saints fans threw it onto a completely empty area of the pitch with nobody within 20 yards of it. Griffiths ran 30 yards to boot it into the crowd.

Whoever took the flare in should should identified and punished, but so should Griffiths.

This all seems so obvious to me that I'm a bit astonished anyone is still debating it.

2 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Seems like the club have got the lawyers onto this one pretty sharp. 

Will be interesting to see what happens. Fans taking pyros into games has precedence and protocol. That's in no way condoning, but it's a known issue with clear rules and (I think?) fines and punishments laid out. 

What LG did doesn't happen often, genuinely not sure what view the authorities will take. 

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

It is impossible to state that the flare thrower aimed for anywhere specific, in the same way it cant be proven that Griffiths aimed for the crowd.

Both he and Griffiths can claim what they want, but both are wrong and if they are pulled for it, both will be found guilty.

I actually think both knew exactly what they were aiming for. Flare thrower aimed for pitch intentionally. Griffiths aimed for the fans intentionally. The guy kicks a ball for a living, if he kicks it like that, he knows what he is doing. 

Really simply:

Flare thrower = w**k

Griffiths = w**k

Person hit by Flare in stand = not w**k

There is no shades here.

Cannot be arsed with the whataboutary. If Morellos did it he is a dick. If Liam Craig did it so is he.

1 hour ago, Namond Brice said:

Imagine if it was Nicola Sturgeon making her debut for Rangers, and instead of a flare it was a paedophile and she kicked it into the English supporters ?

Oh boy, this place would be going mental.

Luckily the English supporters would already be in the jail, just for saying they were English.

8 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

That is a load of bull to be honest. They'd be better saying nothing.

In all seriousness though, I think someone needs to help Leigh. Taking this incident aside, he is a guy in self destruct mode and clearly needs more help than he is getting. Being heckled week in week out doing your job is hard far anyone and footballers know the score, but he has so much history and unfortunately some mental health issues to consider. For his own benefit, maybe he'd be better not being in Scotland and a change would do him some good. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He'll be investigated as part of that.

But again, it was thrown onto an empty part of the pitch with nobody with 20 yards. He's put people at risk by bringing it bit hasn't intentionally tried to harm anyone with it, Griffiths purposely kicked it into a crowd of people.

The two things aren't the same.

That right there is yer double standard.