All things Dundee FC

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

He'll be investigated as part of that.

But again, it was thrown onto an empty part of the pitch with nobody with 20 yards. He's put people at risk by bringing it bit hasn't intentionally tried to harm anyone with it, Griffiths purposely kicked it into a crowd of people.

The two things aren't the same.

I hate to correct you again on this 

Spoiler

I dont

but the police and a court wont see it that way. 

Unless the guy was in row A (and shitebags rarely are), he endangered other Saintees fans in front of him simply by throwing it. Intention is irrelevant, he broke the law smuggling it in, and broke the law again throwing it over fans heads.

So, to be clear - if the Saintees fans do the right thing, or he is caught on CCTV, there is no "it was thrown toward an empty area" mitigation, neither is there any for Griffiths.

HTH

He'll be investigated as part of that.
But again, it was thrown onto an empty part of the pitch with nobody with 20 yards. He's put people at risk by bringing it bit hasn't intentionally tried to harm anyone with it, Griffiths purposely kicked it into a crowd of people.
The two things aren't the same.

If Griffiths hadn’t kicked it, somebody else would have had to deal with it, they would have been at risk so the empty part of the pitch line is an irrelevance. If no Sainties morons bring flares to the match then there’s no issue. The Perth mob are slipping into the ‘defending their womenfolk’ language much loved by the Rangers when defending their moronic fans.

There's cameras everywhere, and it should be a piece of piss to identify the clown that brought it in, but this is pc plod we're talking about. Also, it wasn't thrown on to an empty area, it was beside the photographers.

Thank you.

eta. The crowd are monitored by plod in the control box, so the culprits should've been hauled out, there and then.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

Think Griffiths is going to get hammered for this. 
Difference is intent to harm. The clown that brought in the flare and threw it onto the pitch was breaking the law, acting like a fanny and should be captured and punished. Flares are dangerous. About 3 seasons ago (I think) there was a wee boy ambulanced out of McDairmid after being injured by one that was set of in the Ormond by one of the OF away support. Dreadful. 
However, the pyros last night were not thrown with any intent to injure. To repeat - not condoning it in any way. 
LG on the other hand clearly boots it into the crowd at spectators. Imagine it was a glass bottle, probably comparable in terms of the injury it would cause. 
Suspension incoming I reckon. 

You’re completely condoning it. OF fans throws one, dreadful, Sainties fan throws one, harmless fun. Lots of Sainties will know who threw it - get the cunto outed.

There are also financial implications for clubs in this - after the tit at Easter Road threw a bottle at Defoe, Hibs had to spend a fortune on new super duper CCTV system which is capable of catching every bogey being picked out a nose in the ground.

Some fans are arseholes.

9 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Hide contents

I dont

Unless the guy was in row A (and shitebags rarely are), he endangered other Saintees fans in front of him simply by throwing it. Intention is irrelevant, he broke the law smuggling it in, and broke the law again throwing it over fans heads.

So, to be clear - if the Saintees fans do the right thing, or he is caught on CCTV, there is no "it was thrown toward an empty area" mitigation, neither is there any for Griffiths.

HTH

Fair dues.

Either way both should get hammered. 

Struggling to feel sympathy for Griffiths, the abuse he is taking was always going to happen, and after that reaction last night will only get worse. 

Even less sympathy for the fan hit by the smoke bomb mine you. Sadly all too typical of football fans, happy to throw it out but when it comes back they start crying.

Edited by Ross.

8 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Hide contents

I dont

HTH

You keep saying this, but recklessness has a subjective element to it, and there's a difference in risk between aiming for a patch of watered grass and a crowd.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

Struggling to feel sympathy for Griffiths, the abuse he is taking was always going to happen, and after that reaction last night will only get worse. 

Even less sympathy for the fan hit by the smoke bomb mine you. Sadly all too typical of football fans, happy to throw it out but when it comes back they start crying.

I don't think the fan who was hit was the one that threw it.

Griffiths should receive a hefty fine for that. St Johnstone who threw the thing should get a ban from entering football stadiums. Idiot.

3 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Even less sympathy for the fan hit by the smoke bomb mine you.

It came from about 10 rows behind him, not sure why you're happy he got hit with it tbh, unless everyone in the stand was fair game to be burned because one fanny brought it in.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

unless everyone in the stand was fair game to be burned because one fanny brought it in.

This has been the way in Scottish football for years. All fans are held accountable for the actions of some.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I don't think the fan who was hit was the one that threw it.

Griffiths should receive a hefty fine for that. St Johnstone who threw the thing should get a ban from entering football stadiums. Idiot.

I doubt it was the same fan either, but unless they were complaining to the police about it being thrown in the first place, then it’s hypocritical to complain when it is returned.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It came from about 10 rows behind him, not sure why you're happy he got hit with it tbh, unless everyone in the stand was fair game to be burned because one fanny brought it in.

Where did I say I was happy he got hit with it? I just think it’s hugely hypocritical of the fans to only complain to the police after one of them were hit and not when it was thrown in the first place.

16 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

See mine above - thats irrelevant

It's really not. Reckless behaviour with no intent to harm is treated differently to malice aforethought. On a very basic level 'doing something stupid and illegal that could hurt someone' is different to 'actively trying to hurt someone'.

These 2 events are being conflated. Guy in crowd throws flare on to pitch is one event, and should be punished accordingly. Player kicks lit pyrotechnic into crowd causing injury is the separate second event. Neither are in any way acceptable.