All things Dundee FC

Guest Wieghortsnut
Just now, RossDee01 said:

One of their moron fans on Twitter last night tried to take the piss out of Michael Stewart for being bough for just £1. Completely forgetting that their whole club was bought for £1.

Its just incredible they way both sets carry on tbh, they are as bad as each other. I was gonna post a rant on their thread but I'd more than likely just get abuse so better off keeping my opinion to myself even though every supporter of an ugly sister has an opinion on EVERYTHING 

8 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

One of their moron fans on Twitter last night tried to take the piss out of Michael Stewart for being bough for just £1. Completely forgetting that their whole club was bought for £1.

Think it was the former club they supported that was bought for a quid. Like a cheap blu ray from cash converters.

Anyone know how season ticket holders select their seat online for the cup game? Currently isolating until the middle of next week so can’t make it to the shop…

Can’t remember it ever being so quiet in here. Did my question kill the conversation? [emoji23]

Dundee looking to loan out any of their strikers? If so, who would be most likely in your opinion?Alex Jakubiak?

A short loan until Jan to Cove would be most welcome although I reckon he'd have suitors from the Championship. Hoping Hartley, being ex-Dundee would be asking McPake! Dee have a strong strike force imo; expecting them to climb the table.

7 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Dundee looking to loan out any of their strikers? If so, who would be most likely in your opinion?Alex Jakubiak?

A short loan until Jan to Cove would be most welcome although I reckon he'd have suitors from the Championship. Hoping Hartley, being ex-Dundee would be asking McPake! Dee have a strong strike force imo; expecting them to climb the table.

I think Jakubiak’s looked more upon playing one of the wide attacking positions in our team but I’ve saw that little of him I genuinely don’t know where he plays. With Mullen being out for 3 months that only leaves us Scotland’s preferred front 2 and Sheridan. 

So in short, no loans. 

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

I think Jakubiak’s looked more upon playing one of the wide attacking positions in our team but I’ve saw that little of him I genuinely don’t know where he plays. With Mullen being out for 3 months that only leaves us Scotland’s preferred front 2 and Sheridan. 

So in short, no loans. 

Never realised about Mullen being out for 3 months; that's a blow. Cove need a strong partner for Mitch if we have aspirations of pushing for a title challenge. Just don't know where that player is going to come from. Market is tight and clearly now a loan or free agent (more unlikely) are the only options.

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Never realised about Mullen being out for 3 months; that's a blow. Cove need a strong partner for Mitch if we have aspirations of pushing for a title challenge. Just don't know where that player is going to come from. Market is tight and clearly now a loan or free agent (more unlikely) are the only options.

How's it going with Hartley in charge? Happy with him?

21 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

How's it going with Hartley in charge? Happy with him?

hmmm...3rd season, made a fair few signings and 90% of them are dross imo. We are still relying on the strong core of our highland team to propel us. 8 of them would feature in our best XI I reckon. There is little to no decent backup to our starting XI and that's down to his recruitment.

I do think Shay Logan was a scoop for our level.

This summer he's signed 7 and gone for experienced players, probably on decent wages, and wrongly I think on long term contracts. Draper is perhaps the worse of the lot, looks completely ruined and ready for retirement. Did PH even watch him before we handed him a 3 year deal. Vigurs is a poorer rendition of Fyvie, who I really rate, and hence wasn't required. Vigurs is good enough for L1 but is a glorified quarterback and we need more than that in the middle of the park.

Morgyn Neill, Robbie Leitch, Jevan Anderson and Kyle Gourlay are equally bad signings. The latter he is playing ahead of Stuart McKenzie, at the total dismay of the Cove fans, who was league 1 keeper of the season last year.

We needed and still do need a striker, hence the post, and now we're scrambling in the loan market. I think his loan signings now and his signings in Jan will be make or break for him. Field our best XI on a regular basis we can compete at the very top of the L1 consistently and if he can add 1 or 2 able bodies we could still have a memorable season.

Expectation was to win the league, playoffs minimum. Doesn't achieve the latter I think it could be time for someone else to have a go given the above.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

32 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Really disappointed to hear that Gourlay isn't making the most of his early hype.

Was he a promising talent? He looks prone to calamitous mistakes every game sadly. His one against QP was impressively bad. Hard because he needs games but we need clean sheets and stability

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Can we interest you in Cillian Sheridan? 

54 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The Hartley appearance towards the end was unacceptable. IMO. You can't have the manager of Dundee FC looking like he dwelled in a bin recess.

Thank you.

tbf some of the performances near the end i went and sat in the bin recess while the match was in play.