All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Fully expecting Greg and a right back signing for us on deadline day. 

It is an absolute travesty that the season has begun and the Scottish footballing public are being denied the spectacle of GGS turning defenders inside out and curling shots into the postage stamp. 

You can only imagine no-one is interested in paying him what his agent is currently asking for and he'll go with the highest offer on deadline day, ie. Dundee FC.

Edited by Dee Man

28 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

It is an absolute travesty that the season has begun and the Scottish footballing public are being denied the spectacle of GGS turning defenders inside out and curling shots into the postage stamp. 

You can only imagine no-one is interested in paying him what his agent is currently asking for and he'll go with the highest offer on deadline day, ie. Dundee FC.

You are 100% correct. 

11 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Lee Hodson is available, Donald Love, Conor McLaughlin... and those are just names that pop up in League One free agents. Would personally be happy with Hodson tbh.

Hodson is a decent shout, Ken’s the Scottish game can play both right back and wing back, decent enough cross on him and is an international (my only concern is he got relegated with Hamilton, whether that was just down to Rice or not I’m unsure)

Hodson would be very much a meh signing. I suppose it would an ok stop gap signing for this season only as we try to consolidate our premiership status. It would give us time to get a long term replacement in as Kerr and especially Christie are not Premiership standard.

34 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Mentioned it on another thread but my old man passed away 10 days ago. He had been a Dundee fan for as long as he could remember, having himself been taken to Dens as a child by his dad and was lucky enough to see Billy Steel playing for us in the flesh, including both Hampden League cup final wins and (unfortunately) the drubbing at the hands of Motherwell in between. He went to almost all the home games in our 61-62 league-winning season, and was at Muirton on THAT day to see us lift the trophy and was a regular for many seasons after, including the various european campaigns but didn't make the 1973 league cup win.

He started taking me to games in the mid-80s - Dens one week, Tannadice the next and let me make my own choice. Obviously I preferred Dens. I think he was just happy I had no interest in either of the Old Firm.

Posting up the video of the 4-3 win over Rangers in 1992 in the Surprise Results thread reminded me of him - it was a cracking hot day and he'd parked away up in some side street of Clepington Road. Of course we didn't have jacketson so after beating Rangers 4-3 we basically had to walk through several thousand seething Rangers fans to get back to the car in Dundee tops and scarves 😂

The best of the lot though was before a Rangers game at Dens in 1988. BBC were doing the commentary and for whatever reason Archie McPherson was late getting to the gantry. He had to walk through the Derry about 5 minutes before kick off to get to the TV gantry which of course meant he got pelters from absolutely everyone, especially my old man, who's bovril he'd spilled when frantically trying to squeeze past him between the benches. McPherson had that massive sheepskin coat on. I hope getting that bovril stain out cost the c**t a fortune 😂

Good memories. 

Love seeing posts like this!  Sadly my old man was a fat arab b*****d so I don't have any of the same memories.

Sorry for your loss.

21 minutes ago, The Derry said:

Love seeing posts like this!  Sadly my old man was a fat arab b*****d so I don't have any of the same memories.

Sorry for your loss.

Cheers.

He was around for all our trophy wins bar the SC, saw all of those in the flesh apart from the 73 final and must have seen pretty much every one of our hall of fame players. All this at a time when we could easy get 30,000+ crowds for big games. 

Jammy b*****d 😂

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

Mentioned it on another thread but my old man passed away 10 days ago. He had been a Dundee fan for as long as he could remember, having himself been taken to Dens as a child by his dad and was lucky enough to see Billy Steel playing for us in the flesh, including both Hampden League cup final wins and (unfortunately) the drubbing at the hands of Motherwell in between. He went to almost all the home games in our 61-62 league-winning season, and was at Muirton on THAT day to see us lift the trophy and was a regular for many seasons after, including the various european campaigns but didn't make the 1973 league cup win.

He started taking me to games in the mid-80s - Dens one week, Tannadice the next and let me make my own choice. Obviously I preferred Dens. I think he was just happy I had no interest in either of the Old Firm.

Posting up the video of the 4-3 win over Rangers in 1992 in the Surprise Results thread reminded me of him - it was a cracking hot day and he'd parked away up in some side street of Clepington Road. Of course we didn't have jacketson so after beating Rangers 4-3 we basically had to walk through several thousand seething Rangers fans to get back to the car in Dundee tops and scarves 😂

The best of the lot though was before a Rangers game at Dens in 1988. BBC were doing the commentary and for whatever reason Archie McPherson was late getting to the gantry. He had to walk through the Derry about 5 minutes before kick off to get to the TV gantry which of course meant he got pelters from absolutely everyone, especially my old man, who's bovril he'd spilled when frantically trying to squeeze past him between the benches. McPherson had that massive sheepskin coat on. I hope getting that bovril stain out cost the c**t a fortune 😂

Good memories. 

Sorry for your loss. I remember that occasion with Archie McPherson and being highly amused. Your Dad was a bit jammy living through the late 40s, 50s, 60s and upto the mid 70s following The Dee’s!

Did he ever mention being at the game where we done a Hearts and lossed the top flight league championship on the last day due to a pumping from Falkirk? 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

5 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Sorry for your loss. I remember that occasion with Archie McPherson and being highly amused. Your Dad was a bit jammy living through the late 40s, 50s, 60s and upto the mid 70s following The Dee’s!

Did he ever mention being at the game where we done a Hearts and lossed the top flight league championship on the last day due to a pumping from Falkirk? 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

No, he was only 4 at that time i think (born in July 1944)

Celtic are building something special under that Ange. We've been pumped by the OF before and humilated many times before, but I can't recall a game where I was just thinking, 'fair fucking play'. Usually, I'm absolutely seething at a gutless display from ourselves, but thought that Celtic were just of a superior quality and even if we were on top form, we were getting a hiding that day.

Can't say I've thought that about Celtic many times even during the O'Neill and Rodgers eras.