All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, Damaged Radio said:

You don’t know how to feel about Dundee signing a registered sex offender? 

The rest of the post explained my thoughts. Thought that was clear tbh.

Being pragmatic - sure, rehabilitation needs to be given a chance, but he has not accepted what he did and is actively trying to back track rather than say "my bad".

Again being pragmatic, what sponsor would want their name connected to a team that sees sexual offences as a speed bump?

There was only one option and that was never letting his name being connected to Dundee. Regardless damage has already been done.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Football is such a public career that he'll be hounded wherever he goes, but the justice system has decided he should walk the streets and is eligible for work. How long should society punish him for something he done drunk at 21? 

There's absolutely no issue with the guy (and others in similar circumstances) rehabilitating and getting back into employment (as long as whoever's employing them is happy to do so). I absolutely see an issue with someone's who's been found guilty of sexual assault (and it doesn't just sound like the sort of shit everyone's mate's done when they've had a few and not taken the hint) being employed in a role where they're looked at as a role model for kids.

Edited by Louis Litt

You have to hope against hope that somehow due diligence hadn't been done properly and the boy gets told to bolt and Nelms releases a statement saying we were completely unaware of his past. 

Irrespective of your views on whether he should be given a second chance or whether you think he's actually guilty of the crime or not or not, the baggage that comes with someone with charges like that and being on the register means you shouldn't be touching players like that with a barge pole. 

Every time the players walk through the main entrance at Dens there are about 5 or 6 women who work in the office immediately on the right hand side through the door. Not to mention there is a woman who sits on the bench every week. Not a great look to have one player in the squad you have to keep away from them. 
Anyone who forces themselves onto what are generally considered to be the 2nd most vulnerable members of society can get volleyed into the Tay as far as I'm concerned. 
BTW, how do you know he hasn't "gone under the radar"? This sort of behaviour isn't generally in isolation. I doubt he just got unlucky and got caught the first time he did it. 
I know footballers aren't generally renowned for their intelligence, but to plead guilty, not appeal and then further down the line attempt to plead your innocence and blame bad counsel advice is probably as thick as it gets. 

Exactly this. Unlikely it was his first go at this sort of stuff, no contrition, a violent attack on a young woman. This cunt is fuck all to do with us and so he can fuck off elsewhere and rehabilitate.

17 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Exactly this. Unlikely it was his first go at this sort of stuff, no contrition, a violent attack on a young woman. This c**t is f**k all to do with us and so he can f**k off elsewhere and rehabilitate.

Spot on. There’s a whole world of clubs he can go and continue his rehabilitation at, just not ours. 

7 minutes ago, Damaged Radio said:

Yes, I read it. You’re essentially making an argument for signing a registered sex offender. Fortunately it seems the vast majority of your support are repulsed by this. 

The absolute fucking state of this nonsense.

That's not even worth a proper reply.

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

Being pragmatic - sure, rehabilitation needs to be given a chance, but he has not accepted what he did and is actively trying to back track rather than say "my bad".

Again being pragmatic, what sponsor would want their name connected to a team that sees sexual offences as a speed bump?

There was only one option and that was never letting his name being connected to Dundee. Regardless damage has already been done.

As reflected by all the previous feedback/postings for what is understandably an extremely emotive subject, I have to say James McPake and/or his management team have really misread the club and more importantly the people they represent.

The young man in question should not be deterred from continuing his footballing career, that's how the system works, just elsewhere it would appear in the best interests of all concerned. 

A public statement should be forthcoming from James McPake explaining the above recent trialist reflecting his professional train of thought for the invitation in the first instance, taking into account the resulting deluge of fan-based opinion.

Our manager has not been slow at telling us recently what other people are thinking, so let's see what's on his mind. 

Concerned regards   

Everyone can untwist their knickers now.  Trial period been ended by Dundee.  Happy with that and happy the club are listening to fans on issues like this.  

I'm going to give the club the benefit of the doubt and say this was a genuine oversight.

35 minutes ago, K.T said:

McPake probably thought since the lad had signed for Peterborough after his conviction that the heat would be off this move.

aye hes now 24 and was convicted at 21..i assume the club didnt think there would be this level of outrage.....he'll now go and sign for some other bottom 6 diddy and be their player of the year 🤣