All things Dundee FC

If that's how McPake genuinely feels, then he's completely delusional because as much as Elliot is mince, Kerr is every bit as bad in his own way and nowhere near a Premiership level player.

Starting to really concern me that the staff have far too much faith in a squad that were totally hum-drum for 3/4's of last season, and despite the promotion fell well short of expectations in reality. I didn't think we were anywhere near good enough last season, so I can't see how on earth they can believe we'll survive playing in a league above with next to no meaningful additions to the squad.

10 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

If that's how McPake genuinely feels, then he's completely delusional because as much as Elliot is mince, Kerr is every bit as bad in his own way and nowhere near a Premiership level player.

Starting to really concern me that the staff have far too much faith in a squad that were totally hum-drum for 3/4's of last season, and despite the promotion fell well short of expectations in reality. I didn't think we were anywhere near good enough last season, so I can't see how on earth they can believe we'll survive playing in a league above with next to no meaningful additions to the squad.

I thought after bringing Elliott off immediately after embarrassing himself again that McPake had seen the light, but no. This insistence on staying loyal is going to get us relegated.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

He said this team was better than the 2014 team. At that point all hope was lost. 

Yeah, that was particularly absurd. Love it whenever he says that he doesn't believe in big turnovers leading to success, when he was a part of one here and that was our most successful season since the Bonetti era

If McPake insists on persevering with Elliott then hopefully he has had a rocket up his arse and has been getting one on one training on how to put in a challenge and had it explained to him that his job is to at least attempt to dispossess the opposition of the ball. 

50 minutes ago, Charliedee said:

Watching a full back get skinned is forgivable... It happens 

Watching a full back get gently nudged off the ball is unforgivable 

It was fucking shocking from him on Saturday 

He was just as bad on Saturday as he was on Sunday?

Bloody hell, it's worse than I thought :bag

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Yeah, that was particularly absurd. Love it whenever he says that he doesn't believe in big turnovers leading to success, when he was a part of one here and that was our most successful season since the Bonetti era

I always just assume he's having a dig at Jim McIntyre when he says that.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I always just assume he's having a dig at Jim McIntyre when he says that.

Could be, but I think there's an irony in him not acknowledging the relative success the club had with the big turnover than brought him in so he can attempt to hammer the point of his strategy home.

6 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Cammy Kerr not requiring surgery, will be back in around 2-3 weeks, so McPake feels comfortable not signing a new full back, so at least 2-3 weeks of Elliott getting ripped apart. FFS.

Mullen will however require surgery, and faces 12 weeks out. Similar to Robertson's injury last season apparently.

Fontaine and Jakubiak have trained this week, might be available for Saturday.

Major error, IMO. But what do I know? Would've sacked McPake about a year ago. Onwards and upwards.

Thank you.

McPake getting a wee bit snippy in his pre-match interview. He gets asked the same question every week about if he plans on strengthening his squad and he gives the same answer every week so it's understandable he gets a bit fed up with it, but he added in his interview this week:

'It's the same transfer process we've had since we came in, some will say it's worked and some will say it hasn't.'

Thought it was a bit of an odd comment to make as I don't think McPake has been lambasted for his signings or his signing policy since he's took charge. One of the few things he's actually been alright at.

ETA:

He goes on to say that 'potentially' might be something done soon. He always prefers to keep it quiet but the rumours always end up coming out.

Edited by Ludo*1

I was certainly one who felt the squad wasn’t nearly good enough for most of last season but now I’ve convinced myself that it just took time to gel and find a system that played to our strengths and not going through that whole ‘not gelling’ period this season is the way forward. I’ve learned self delusion is something you have to develop as a Dundee fan.
Re signings it may just be financial constraints because we don’t want to get in to the disastrous and precarious position they find themselves in over at the fruit bowl. The 5 heid money basically gives them 45 days grace with losses at 10k a day. They could be gone by Christmas and we have a season with no relegation. Mmm, just typing that makes me feel warm and tingly.

12 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Major error, IMO. But what do I know? Would've sacked McPake about a year ago. Onwards and upwards.

And that may yet turn out to have been the right decision - time will tell

I heard we were signing a million pound right back of Nigerian/Scottish origin to replace Elliot - Mabazza Ritchie.  He used to play alongside that eastern European megastar Itsa Loadapish.  🤪🤣