All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

It does get a bit OTT in here with the negativity at times. It's never going to be some laugh after a heavy defeat, but f**k me man, some folk have got us relegated on the back of that one result. We won't be the last team Celtic and Kyogo put to the sword this season. Having said that, we didn't exactly make it difficult for them. 

Just 9 or 10 more signings before the window closes and we'll be sweet. 

Yeah, I said it in the match thread I was expecting a hiding. 1-0, 6-0, it didn't matter Celtic were always going to win.

Against a Celtic squad that have been slowly gelling in the new players, given a boost by Rangers getting beat the day before, in front of a home crowd, Dundee, never do well at Parkhead, it was always heading this way.

We needed a RB and a CH before this game, nothing has changed.

Game over, let's move on.

23 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, I said it in the match thread I was expecting a hiding. 1-0, 6-0, it didn't matter Celtic were always going to win.

Against a Celtic squad that have been slowly gelling in the new players, given a boost by Rangers getting beat the day before, in front of a home crowd, Dundee, never do well at Parkhead, it was always heading this way.

We needed a RB and a CH before this game, nothing has changed.

Game over, let's move on.

@Day of the Lords predicted 6-0 in two separate threads. Meanwhile I was certain that we could snatch at least a point after having watched Celtic a couple of times recently and they were very poor.

Moral of the story: Listen to Day of the Lords pre-match chat, not mine. 

11 hours ago, Dee Man said:

@Day of the Lords predicted 6-0 in two separate threads. Meanwhile I was certain that we could snatch at least a point after having watched Celtic a couple of times recently and they were very poor.

Moral of the story: Listen to Day of the Lords pre-match chat, not mine. 

Tbf I think I also predicted a Joe Hart clown-car show with Charles rattling in three 35 yard free kicks 😂

18 hours ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

Don't think Charlie Adam is fit enough to play the role he is currently being asked. Maybe against some of the weaker teams at home. I'd like to see him with more of a free role where he can hurt teams with his delivery.

I completely agree

The space in behind was shocking aswell, it's not hard to drop back as a unit to the box and minimise the space in behind. 

There wasn't much tactics going on but it has to be a learning curve. 

Looking forward to Saturday, although still waiting on a reply to my email for tickets. Slower than Granny Danger on a 5K run the Dundee ticket office.

Win and we're in the quarters; a bit of luck and who knows it could be our first run in the cups for a long time. Not since Gretna have we reached a semi final- not good enough for a club like Dundee.

McCowan has to start along with Cummings. Hopefully some away fans are in but wouldn't put it past Dundees SNP council making a complete cluster f**k of it.

Thank you.

19 hours ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

Don't think Charlie Adam is fit enough to play the role he is currently being asked. Maybe against some of the weaker teams at home. I'd like to see him with more of a free role where he can hurt teams with his delivery.

I don't necessarily disagree with this in theory, but I'm not sure how you shoehorn him into a side in that role in a way that doesn't just create even more problems.

Our FB's have been shite and consistently exposed no matter what McPake has done and how he's had us playing, the 4-3-3 does absolutely nothing to protect them. I can't really think of a way that you could give them a bit more protection and simultaneously free a midfield player of much in the way of defensive expectations. 4-1-4-1 perhaps, as he's nowhere near dynamic enough to be an effective hole player in 4-4-1-1, but beyond that I'm stumped. 3/5 at the back would make it easier to free him up, but it does nothing much to protect the weak FB's other than possibly making it more difficult to play balls inside them between the FB and CB. We've been undone by that time and time again in the past two matches.

7 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I don't necessarily disagree with this in theory, but I'm not sure how you shoehorn him into a side in that role in a way that doesn't just create even more problems.

Our FB's have been shite and consistently exposed no matter what McPake has done and how he's had us playing, the 4-3-3 does absolutely nothing to protect them. I can't really think of a way that you could give them a bit more protection and simultaneously free a midfield player of much in the way of defensive expectations. 4-1-4-1 perhaps, as he's nowhere near dynamic enough to be an effective hole player in 4-4-1-1, but beyond that I'm stumped. 3/5 at the back would make it easier to free him up, but it does nothing much to protect the weak FB's other than possibly making it more difficult to play balls inside them between the FB and CB. We've been undone by that time and time again in the past two matches.

Maybe on the left of the front 3. He's capable of going past a few and putting balls in the box when he has the energy. Think he would get more of a breather there so be more effective. Tracking back and offering protection to the full back...maybe/hopefully 😉

Edited by Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll

Gordon Strachan is set to return to Celtic, acting as a consultant to the club on a short-term basis.

The former Celtic and Scotland manager is to remain as technical director at Dundee but will be advising the Glasgow club and working on the youth development teams, ‘B’ side and women’s team.

The tele reporting he will quit us 

Edited by Robin.Hood

13 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Gordon Strachan is set to return to Celtic, acting as a consultant to the club on a short-term basis.

The former Celtic and Scotland manager is to remain as technical director at Dundee but will be advising the Glasgow club and working on the youth development teams, ‘B’ side and women’s team.

tenor-1.gif.b6f2ba2c14a80d45a634bf6bd674c6f0.gif

43 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

lolWUT

I realise that i'm probably asking for the fucking earth here, but how about people we employ actually working for us instead of moonlighting for one of the bigot brothers? 

Edited by Day of the Lords