All things Dundee FC

22 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Meh

Bloody hell, that's a fucking shit question. The lad's just seen his team get a real doing and that's the sort of shit he gets thrown at him. Whoever the reporter is must know that was a complete hospital pass. McPake handled that well, imo.

41 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Meh

Not too impressed with that response. If he had no interest, that was the time to shut it down. That's a bit more annoying than the result for me.

I watched the game and Celtic were right up for it today and played very well. They’d have given a lot of teams a hiding on today’s form.
I wonder if games against the OF are games that suit Charlie. Gets no time on the ball and gets caught in possession, too slow to close people down and highly likely to get booked. He didn’t play 1 decent pass all game.
Think we need to keep calm heads for another 10 weeks and see how the land lies then.

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

What do you thing the United v Sevco thread would have been like if they’d humped us 6-0?

I personally would have ignored the Dundee United thread as per the normal due to your opponents.

Mainly due to the fact I detest all that they stand for, whereas I merely see you guys as our main footballing rivals. However some of you Dabs are currently leaving a caustic taste, but there you are, that's life my man and merely serves to remind me why I'm Dark Blue.

Best regards however until derby day.

Away days against the 2 erse cheeks are always free weeks for us. We will get pumped in the 2 other league games in Glasgow. Move on, nothing to see here. 

The biggest shock is the dabs aren’t bottom of the league.  Just like 2 months ago we need another 2 fullbacks for this level. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not too impressed with that response. If he had no interest, that was the time to shut it down. That's a bit more annoying than the result for me.

I'd advise you to get your priorities straight if that's the case. If I got asked that after such a battering I'd be struggling to fight the urge to punch the boy in the puss, thought he directed it calmly enough. Plus, if there was any interest there won't be now.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

See, I'm a sarcastic twat, so I would have immediately hit him with a cheery, upbeat response of 

"Aye, my bag was already packed before I left the hoose this morning. I was really just going through the motions today, and I can't wait to get the f**k out of Dundee..."

and kept an entirely straight face while saying it.

Edited by Boo Khaki

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'd advise you to get your priorities straight if that's the case. If I got asked that after such a battering I'd be struggling to fight the urge to punch the boy in the puss, thought he directed it calmly enough. Plus, if there was any interest there won't be now.

I get you're hurting but no need for the snide first line.

It's a question he knew he'd be getting asked win, lose or draw. Fans were let down today least he could have done was quell those sorts of rumours. I also highly doubt teams choose their next appointee based on one off games either.

Not too upset about today; didn't expect anything and these won't be the results that determine our season. 

There's still some points to pick up on though. Why would a manager work all week on Celtics threats and decide McGowan would be the best player to stop the pace out wide . Even using McGhee or something out there would've made some sense. McGowan has played there so many times for us in high scoring defeats yet we blindly just go for the same every time hoping for a different outcome. This isn't even said with hind sight as i stated as much last week. McMullen was switched sides in the second half to deal with the threat of Abada which should've been apparent pre -match. 

This raises the biggest issue for me with McPake - being adaptable in formations against different opposition strengths.

Second point would be Sheridan starting ahead of Cummings. Celtics poor set piece defending and Sheridan's height might've been the deciding factor but there's no doubt Cummings would've given us more today. 

We've just started the season and i was content with what i seen against St Mirren so i'm not going to start ranting and raving over this. We'll be coming up against Martin Boyle in the next home game on the right hand side - lets see what we do to combat this. 

Work to be done for a tough cup match against Motherwell before Hibs at home. 

Forward we go.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

St Mirren weren’t any better than us and they’re being tipped for top 6. 

From whom? 

Not really bothered by McPake's answering of the question. If he wants to go down south for the cash and prospect then best of luck to him, off you pop. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

From whom? 

Not really bothered by McPake's answering of the question. If he wants to go down south for the cash and prospect then best of luck to him, off you pop. 

Various pundits. They finished 7th last year and have added to their squad so don’t think it’s that mental a prediction

3 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Various pundits. They finished 7th last year and have added to their squad so don’t think it’s that mental a prediction

Before a ball was kicked this season I expected either St Mirren or Hearts to take Livingston’s place in the top 6 and possibly St Johnstone’s just because I thought the wee Saintees would’ve lost 2 or 3 defenders which I still expect to happen if they get put out of their European qualifier. 

Thought Sheridan did okay. Few decent touches and got himself as involved as he could have done but I was also surprised he started over Cummings. Difficult to judge him on that performance though because you’re literally feeding off scraps in games like that.

On 05/08/2021 at 17:59, D TOTAL said:

Watching this Celtic game has me confident as f**k, only the Israeli guy down the right may be of any threat other than that they are a complete non entity and will struggle for 2nd

F****ing kent I’d regret this,***deep inhale*** deep exhale***…..Motherwell next I expect a good showing or at the very least some form of fight to show on game 2 we are not relegation candidates , is Kerr or Fontaine  back yet? Elliot got tore a new erse cheek(again) also It’s honestly mental I’d still give pass marks to legzdins after shipping 6 But that’s just how bad we were today!!, I’d echo the fact for probably the 5/6th season in a row our bench looks weaker than a wetter paper bag, just under a month to sort

Yup, bench really is pathetic. No idea why McDaid, a player we were seemingly happy to punt off to a League One club a little over 6 months ago, is still in the squad. That's not a dig at McDaid, he is what he is, but if we honestly felt like there wasn't really a place for him in a Championship squad, why the f**k is he still kicking about now?

If anyone wants cheering up, today’s result seems to be becoming a tradition and it hasn’t hurt too much so far.

2019/20, 2nd away game, concede 6 to the eventual champions, finish 3rd.

2020/21, 1st away game, concede 6 to the eventual champions, finish 2nd, win the playoffs.

2021/22, 1st away game, concede 6...Celtic are champions and we comfortably stay up? [emoji848]

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Is Marshall eligible for the League Cup game next week then, or do SPFL red cards count for all SPFL competitions? I'm sure that the former is true, just wanting to confirm.

Can play against Motherwell, banned for the Hibs game.