All things Dundee FC

:lol:

Of all the managers in the league, MK Dons saw McPake struggling for several seasons to deal with how football actually works and said... "that's our man!"

Fair play to McPake, though, he should grab that opportunity with both hands, meanwhile the Dee fans will get to replace a manager that almost certainly will relegate you if given the season.

Edited by Ric

If Mcpake left that would be the sensible solution Adam as player manager but it is Dundee so “sensible” probably means you’ll be in for a Robinson or some other merry go round manager instead [emoji6]
Your manager shags spreadsheets

7 minutes ago, yehyehyeh said:

Didn’t this exact same shite happen when Hartley got us up last time? 

Yes Cardiff were after a new boss at that time , 

if James does go then I’d give it to Charlie player manager with pre contract signing if he fecks it up early on he’s back to just a player no compo 

No idea why, but Liam Fontaine gives me real "future manager" vibes. Has he done anything with your youths or that?

Can't see Charlie Adam ever being a manager, feels like it would be a Kenny Miller situation of him going into it too early, and at too high a level, and being bombed out within months.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's a depressing thought. Cracking player but don't see him as the managerial type.

To me Charlie looks a clear candidate to go on and be a 1st team manager in the game. He’s constantly organising those around him and clearly knows the tactical side of the game and how to control a game and to get those around to calm down and show a bit of composure. 

When he’s talking football on the radio and not sponsorship deals he clearly knows his stuff. 

No idea why, but Liam Fontaine gives me real "future manager" vibes. Has he done anything with your youths or that?
Can't see Charlie Adam ever being a manager, feels like it would be a Kenny Miller situation of him going into it too early, and at too high a level, and being bombed out within months.
I think he probably does do some coaching but not 100% sure. Feel the same though that he'd be more likely for an internal pick.

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

I think he probably does do some coaching but not 100% sure. Feel the same though that he'd be more likely for an internal pick.

I’m sure I’d read somewhere before he gets involved in coaching some of our youngsters. It was mentioned when we signed him that he was already well thought of in terms of coaching.

Big Liam has been a very good signing for us on the park. 

1 hour ago, GFARAB82 said:

If Mcpake left that would be the sensible solution Adam as player manager but it is Dundee so “sensible” probably means you’ll be in for a Robinson or some other merry go round manager instead 😉

Show me once, when Nelms has picked someone from the merry-go-round.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

:lol:

Of all the managers in the league, MK Dons saw McPake struggling for several seasons to deal with how football actually works and said... "that's our man!"

Fair play to McPake, though, he should grab that opportunity with both hands, meanwhile the Dee fans will get to replace a manager that almost certainly will relegate you if given the season.

No they didn't, unless you are some clueless goon that takes a Sun reporter's word as gospel. 

Please stop talking shite as usual. 

Just now, Dee Man said:

No they didn't, unless you are some clueless goon that takes a Sun reporter's word as gospel. 

Please stop talking shite as usual. 

It's also on the BBC champ. Do keep up.

Thonk Ye.

20 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

It must be true then.

Simply pointing out to Dee Man that their assumptions were incorrect.

20 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

With the BBC having such a detailed quote coming from MK Dons, they couldn't have possibly lifted the story from The Sun.

So you know for certain that MK Dons are not interested? Seems like you are a real ITK type of guy.. ;)

Edit: Chank Joo

Edited by Ric

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes actually, he has coached with them, as has Charlie I believe. Think it's a good shout, as he clearly has that leadership quality, and partly the reason I was happy with his contract renewal was the potential I saw in him was in his coaching ability.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shags like a racehorse, hard as nails and can lift a lorry with his little finger...

Definite management material. 

Thank you. 

A word on Fontaine when he first signed I thought we were scraping the bottom of Tesco’s yellow ticket section for some out of date gluten free sausages, I’d like to echo the the thoughts he’d actually been decent for us both on and the off and has been nowhere near the crock I assumed county let go

long may it continue

We really missed the boat when we went back for a second bite at McCann rather than throwing everything at Jack Ross. Felt like that at the time and still do now. I doubt he would have actually come to Dens regardless, but why he was apparently second choice after McCann just baffles me.