All things Dundee FC

Bif

1 hour ago, House Bartender said:

Big fans of Mr Neilson I see 🤣🤣🤣

This surely won't be happening but I doubt there's nothing in it at all, even if it's just Neilson being a similar beast in some ways. It's just too random.

If I was James I would be touting for a wee pay rise.

9 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Is that serious? Someone wants McPake as manager?!!

You lads have constantly berated him as incompetent, wouldn’t you be delighted losing him for compensation?

If we get less money for him than the filth do for Shankland then I’ll be raging. 

25 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Is that serious? Someone wants McPake as manager?!!

You lads have constantly berated him as incompetent, wouldn’t you be delighted losing him for compensation?

He's on the usual one year rolling, so the compo would be piffling anyway. 

If 'Celtic-minded' journos are having to come up with pish like this to try and manufacture an advantage, then Celtic must be even more keech than I thought. 

Honestly can't see how this would disrupt a team in any way, since they shouldn't be reading the papers in any case. You'd have to be a mental midget to be unsettled by this sort of stuff.

Edited by Boo Khaki

If there was something in it and he did end up leaving, who'd be the realistic candidates? Doesn't seem to be many appealing names around just now.

The former Dee's that are always linked are likely to not be linked for the first time in 20 year. By that I mean, Jocky is finally too old, Duffy looks done as a manager and Smith is off to America so the bookies couldn't go with any of those.

We'd probably have slight outside odds on Gary Irvine but far, far too early for that. Dave Mackay but he'd follow McPake you'd imagine, not that he'd be a popular choice.

Then there's the every job whores like Yogi, Pressley and Stuart McCall. McCall has just joined Blackpool, couldn't see us being interested in Pressley ever so that'd leave Yogi.

Then there's McInnes & Alex Neil, probably the ambitious fan target that'd get touted that we don't realistically have a hope of appointing.

So it'll be between Charlie Adam and Yogi.

Thank f**k there's nothing in this rumour, eh?

37 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If there was something in it and he did end up leaving, who'd be the realistic candidates? Doesn't seem to be many appealing names around just now.

The former Dee's that are always linked are likely to not be linked for the first time in 20 year. By that I mean, Jocky is finally too old, Duffy looks done as a manager and Smith is off to America so the bookies couldn't go with any of those.

We'd probably have slight outside odds on Gary Irvine but far, far too early for that. Dave Mackay but he'd follow McPake you'd imagine, not that he'd be a popular choice.

Then there's the every job whores like Yogi, Pressley and Stuart McCall. McCall has just joined Blackpool, couldn't see us being interested in Pressley ever so that'd leave Yogi.

Then there's McInnes & Alex Neil, probably the ambitious fan target that'd get touted that we don't realistically have a hope of appointing.

So it'll be between Charlie Adam and Yogi.

Thank f**k there's nothing in this rumour, eh?

I reckon Adam will almost definitely be our next manager, whenever that is. 

6 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

That's a depressing thought. Cracking player but don't see him as the managerial type.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

If Mcpake left that would be the sensible solution Adam as player manager but it is Dundee so “sensible” probably means you’ll be in for a Robinson or some other merry go round manager instead 😉