All things Dundee FC

Not much to add. Other than I’ve argued against this before but Robertson definitely needs to go out on loan to hopefully regain his confidence. I also thought Sweeney looked half decent when he came on. Great goal from Cumdog but he looked a wee bit offside?

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I thought we weren't done even before today, definitely need more as of right now.

I thought so too. A couple in during the last week of the transfer window, Tim won’t let us down. 

Think we are short on numbers at the back right now tho. 

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Not much to add. Other than I’ve argued against this before but Robertson definitely needs to go out on loan to hopefully regain his confidence. I also thought Sweeney looked half decent when he came on. Great goal from Cumdog but he looked a wee bit offside?

Agree regarding Robertson however mcpake likes him a lot so don't see it happening. First player he brought with him into the first team squad from youth I think 

Edited by Robin.Hood

McPake saying none of those who were made to isolate had trained all week, so that would be McGhee and Marshall who played the whole game, and Sweeney who played about an hour. Fair play to them, some of our better performers on the day imo as well. Said that due to this, they hadn't really had time to create a game plan considering the slapdash nature of the team after a chaotic week.

Considering all that and the adversity they had to face on the pitch, the team definitely put on an admirable performance, and it says something that they're more gutted about not getting all three than being happy with the one they hung on for.

Only seen highlights. 

Defending from Ashcroft for first goal is shite. Straight forward goal and got out jumped pretty easily. 

Anderson ball down wing and Marshall Cross for our second goal was a delight. This is what I wanna see all season.

Penalty for them was a stonewaller I thought. 

Sending off ... Anderson is an idiot n hopefully learns quick.

Robertson out on loan and McGowan either on bench or play in centre midfield when short on players.

Get McGhee back in midfield pronto. 

Only seen highlights. 
Defending from Ashcroft for first goal is shite. Straight forward goal and got out jumped pretty easily. 
Anderson ball down wing and Marshall Cross for our second goal was a delight. This is what I wanna see all season.
Penalty for them was a stonewaller I thought. 
Sending off ... Anderson is an idiot n hopefully learns quick.
Robertson out on loan and McGowan either on bench or play in centre midfield when short on players.
Get McGhee back in midfield pronto. 

Think for their first goal it’s actually just good attacking play. Brophy is the one challenging initially and Ashcroft is holding him off easily, then Main comes from his blindside and he’s not in a position to challenge. He should still maybe do better but I understand why he didn’t.

10 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Think for their first goal it’s actually just good attacking play. Brophy is the one challenging initially and Ashcroft is holding him off easily, then Main comes from his blindside and he’s not in a position to challenge. He should still maybe do better but I understand why he didn’t.

Maybe. All everyone spoke about last season was how good Ashcroft is in the air ( me personally I don't rate him but sadly best we have for now ). But aye a straight forward goal right from there goalkeeper. Shouldn't be happening. 

Maybe. All everyone spoke about last season was how good Ashcroft is in the air ( me personally I don't rate him but sadly best we have for now ). But aye a straight forward goal right from there goalkeeper. Shouldn't be happening. 

I’m fairness he’s unstoppable in the air...just not while defending [emoji23]

Mullen hasn't broken his ankle but has "moderate to severe tissue damage" unfortunately.

Good news he's not broken anything but I can't imagine he'll be back any time soon from that...

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/2420266/dundee-relieved-as-striker-danny-mullen-escapes-serious-injury-after-being-stretchered-off-against-st-mirren/

After watching the replay on Alba, just a few thoughts:

What a difference with Legends in the goal. Looks like he knows what he’s doing, comes to claim balls and (so far) no howlers. 

Sweeney looked good when he came on, must be better having him play, rather than disrupting the midfield that worked so well last season. 

Marshall had a great game. 

Hope Mullen and Elliot are ok. 

Why did we have so many blank advertising boards, especially near the tunnel??? Surely we could have had club logos/website ads, particularly with it being the delayed replay game? Looked terrible having bare wood. 

All in all, a decent but unspectacular performance, definitely need another option to cover Mullen and definitely need defensive help if we don’t get everyone back soon. 

Ok, now to weegieland to get Ange the sack…

I honestly think McCowan has to start. He's looked too good in the small glimpses to be left out.

As I've mentioned before Gowser needs to start being phased in and out the team due to his age. Having him on the same side as the pacey Abada of Celtic simply wouldn't be the best solution. I'd like to see:

Legzdins

Kerr Ashcroft Sweeney Marshall

McGhee Adam Byrne

McMullen Cummings McCowan 

Thank you.

As for yesterday , I'm more than happy to take a point after the early goal, along with a very soft penalty.

We were looking like we might nick it before Anderson got sent off.

We're in a much better place than the shambles McCann had us in, that's for sure. 

Nice to see Cummings get off to a scoring start aswell in which was a brilliant goal.

Thank you.

Watching the match I thought we were fine and not overly bothered about the result due to circumstances.  Do think we need to be a bit smarter defensively though, the difference in strikers in this league compared to Championship is massive.