Jump to content
Mr Gandosaur

All things Dundee FC

Recommended Posts

Far prefer this season's home kit. Dundee play in Dark Blue and White. Get the light blue/red etc in the bin ffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sartorial elegance of next season’s strip merits good debate and I’m enjoying the read. I like it, but regardless of personal taste I’d like to point out:

a) it’s not a hideous day glo mixture with jobby sleeves and other eye hurting horrors 

and

b) it’s May, before the end of the current season and we are organised enough to have our new strip publicised. Great stuff. Beats hanging on until what seems like October before the new strip is out. 
 

Well done Dens Park people. 😀

Edited by Chateau Lafite
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard from a reliable source that we have Scott Robinson on our radar.

Don't know how true it is but I don't know why the source would mention it randomly.

Probably pending the play offs as I'm sure he'd get a premiership club.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Heard from a reliable source that we have Scott Robinson on our radar.

Don't know how true it is but I don't know why the source would mention it randomly.

Probably pending the play offs as I'm sure he'd get a premiership club.

Thank you.

Who was he at before ? 

Is this the first player that we have been linked with ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Who was he at before ? 

Is this the first player that we have been linked with ?

 

Livingston, was the striker that helped them to the League Cup final. He came from the midfield over the last season or two, so maybe McPake would like that versatility which he appreciates in players like McGhee and Gowser.

If we're going by rumours on here, Nikolay Todorov was also mentioned. Considering the fact that we're currently inundated with strikers right now, the fact that the two rumoured players (on here at least) are also strikers is interesting at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye. First I'd imagine we be looking at a goalkeeper since all our goslkeepers are out of contract. A defender also with Fontaine out of contract unless the ball is in his court and he is seeing if we get promoted or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fleemie said:

In case anyone wants to watch from abroad on a computer, it looks like it's possible to buy the day pass. You'll need a VPN and download the Now player before matchday.  On the day of the match, go to Now TV and select the day sports pass. You then need to enter name, email and a UK postal code (I used my old UK address) and pay by card or paypal. I haven't actually paid or tested but it looks like it will work....but like I said, I'm not going to test until Thursday.

Are you a DeeTV member? Surely it'll be broadcast on there using the Sky feed just like the Raith game at Dens was shown to overseas subscribers using the BBC feed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CanadianDee said:

Are you a DeeTV member? Surely it'll be broadcast on there using the Sky feed just like the Raith game at Dens was shown to overseas subscribers using the BBC feed.

That would be the ideal solution but there is no mention of it on any of the websites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fleemie said:

That would be the ideal solution but there is no mention of it on any of the websites.

They usually don't mention that until the day before the game, but it'll be shown for international subscribers on DeeTV just as the 2nd leg of the Raith tie was.

That will not help you for the 2nd leg however. You may be able to sign up for an international subscriber package with Killie in order to watch the second leg. Despite my username I spend most of my time in Scotland these days, but due to the time I've spent in Canada over the years I'm pretty well versed in navigating other teams video streaming services in desperate attempts to follow the Dee when they are away from home.

Like I think the DeeTV package is 12 pound a month or something which is no worse than a single ppv price that we've had during the pandemic. So I think you'll be fine for the 1st leg if you're a DeeTV subscriber and for the second leg if all else fails just sign up KillieTV on a 1 month subscription to catch the 2nd leg.

 

Edited by CanadianDee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Efe Ambrose is being released by Livi. Would take him at Dens. Some downward spiral his career has been since being at Celtic. Still only 32.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Efe Ambrose is being released by Livi. Would take him at Dens. Some downward spiral his career has been since being at Celtic. Still only 32.

Personally would sign Ash Taylor, newly released by Aberdeen. Still only 30 and made 32 appearances this season until injured in late March, ending his season.

If recovered and fit, meets the criteria for us regardless of which league we're in next season.

Shay Logan worth a punt although only on a one year deal as he's 33 and training to be a plumber. Once qualified he'll earn more from his trade, lol

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although after such a good season Armstrong of Raith will have lots of teams looking at him he'd be perfect for our team. If we stay down and had McMullen, Cummings and Armstrong added along with Robinson(rumour), Adam, McGhee, Marshall, Legzdins we'd have a team capable of strolling the league.

Of course I'm hoping we go up but if we don't i fully expect us to be in the Premier league within a year. 

McPake simply isn't going to be released so I'm not even going to get bothered about that until next season now.

Thank you.

 

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Personally would sign Ash Taylor, newly released by Aberdeen. Still only 30 and made 32 appearances this season until injured in late March, ending his season.

If recovered and fit, meets the criteria for us regardless of which league we're in next season.

Shay Logan worth a punt although only on a one year deal as he's 33 and training to be a plumber. Once qualified he'll earn more from his trade, lol

Regards

Get them both in.

Dunno about Logan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taylor will be out of our wage bracket. Ambrose might be interested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Taylor will be out of our wage bracket. Ambrose might be interested. 

Bruh it's Dundee Football Club, budgets are a myth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1893 Foundation doing pretty good after only existing for a year. Hopefully it only continues to grow.

Image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kevin Holt signs with Partick Thistle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Kevin Holt signs with Partick Thistle.

Surprised he's came back from Cyprus already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...