All things Dundee FC

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Mock us all you like, but we'll have our 20 season ticket holders all in for our first home league game.

You could only get a ticket after you'd gone on the site and entered your unique season card number, then you just picked your seat, 30 seconds later you get your email with your barcode to be scanned in. Only get the amount of seats linked to your season ticket.

No idea how clubs the size of Dundee are still operating they way they are in terms of ticketing.

FTFY.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

FTFY.

In all seriousness this probably just another example of why you need a new stadium.

Thing your Derry is classed as standing, and you get less fans in standing areas than seated under social distancing restrictions. Not having a fully seated stand the length of the pitch has cut a huge chunk of the amount you could've gotten in.

What's the capacity of the Cox and Shankly? 3,000 each? 

So 6,000 total seats.

Half that because you can only use every 2nd row (3,000), then take away all the in-between seats that need to be left for social distancing, we could never have got more than about 2,500 in anyway.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

In all seriousness this probably just another example of why you need a new stadium.

Thing your Derry is classed as standing, and you get less fans in standing areas than seated under social distancing restrictions. Not having a fully seated stand the length of the pitch has cut a huge chunk of the amount you could've gotten in.

Why would it be classed as standing?

1 minute ago, The Master said:

Why would it be classed as standing?

Is it not still benches?

Unless it's marked individual seats it's not classed as a seated area and you have to have less fans in that area.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is it not still benches?

Unless it's marked individual seats it's not classed as a seated area and you have to have less fans in that area.

There have been seats on the benches for donkeys. Stop making shit up. 

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Will you lot be doing PPV for Saturday?

Yes we will, though with all the f**k ups regarding ticketing I bet announcing this is in the back of their minds. Clubs should issue an announcement about it in the coming days.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is it not still benches?

It hasn't been benches for close to about 20 year.

Love how the club have paused sales for the past 6 hours and just went silent.

They know they've fucked it.

I just can't get over them telling Cran they've done their best.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It hasn't been benches for close to about 20 year.

Do the seats have backs though? Which is my point.

There's a few lower league sides been fucked as their "seating" area isn't being classed as seats. So they're calling their stadium a seared stadium then not being able to use certain sections.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

There's a few lower league sides been fucked as their "seating" area isn't being classed as seats. So they're calling their stadium a seared stadium then not being able to use certain sections.

No, but it's nothing to do with that. It's already been confirmed we can't use the Derry because we haven't got adequate toilet facilities to deal with social distancing.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shut the f**k up you wee c**t. Just fucking wrap them talons of yours up for fucksake man.

Thank you.

Shambolic from the club.

At the front against Forfar there was almost whole rows empty in the corners.  No chance it was a sell out even with the distancing in place. Whoever is dishing out the tickets is clearly incompetent and if they're just following a process it's wrong.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

This is absolutely a fault from those in charge of ticketing at Dens. They simply don't understand the government guidance.

15 people from 15 different households can be together outside. There has to be a 1 metre distance inbetween each group of 15. The tickets should've been sold in blocks of 15 from the start with gaps inbetween. 

The one or two person needing distance is simply made up from those in charge at Dundee FC.

The council has given us a capacity of 4000 in groups of 15 to meet government guidance. We've made a c**t of it.

Disgrace.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

I agree wholeheartedly that the ticketing for the St Mirren game has not been well managed, to understate the position. I hope though that no one is taking out their frustration on the ticket office staff who will just be following what they have been told to do. The club put in place a new online ticketing system a few years ago. I am at a loss to understand how a “modern” ticketing system still requires clients to come into the venue to collect tickets for an event and can’t provide e-tickets or QR codes. Other entertainment venues and football clubs have been doing this for years. Also, what is the logic in a pandemic of having thousands of supporters Q in close proximity to get tickets to limit the risk inside the stadium - it is baffling! The club have had a year to plan for fans returning and seem to have not thought about it until the last minute. Complete sympathy for those working office hours and out of town - you getting forgot about has gone on as long as I have followed the Dee