All things Dundee FC

16 minutes ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

I know this is really frustrating for everyone but this is not an easy situation for the club to deal with. I have no problem with supporters being angry that they might not get in to the stadium on Saturday but people need to remember there is a pandemic going on at the moment. The club would never intentionally stop supporters from going to the match on Saturday but clearly mistakes have been made but the council have not made this easy for the club at all with such short notice to let us know if we could open another stand etc. Hopefully things will be back to normal for the next home match. 

I really don’t think the club can be defended regarding their handling of this. I’m sure that they will try and shift the blame to the council, but it was the club that stated that if restrictions were still in place at the start of the season, priority would be given to fans in order of date of season ticket purchase.

It’s the club that then shifted the goalposts on Monday night (despite a decision being imminent by the council on Tuesday) and made it first come first served, expecting people to take hours away from their work to queue for a ticket.

It was also the club that then announced that they were confident that all season ticket holders would be able to attend following the council decision. Any season ticket holder that ends up without a ticket for this match will quite rightly be fuming and an apology from the club just won’t be good enough.

I also feel like I've been missold my ST. I rushed out and skinned myself thin for the month because when the club launched the ST to buy, they stated in their announcement:

'Should any fixture be played with entry restrictions in place due to social distancing, priority for attendance will be granted by chronological order of purchase.'

They then posted this in their FAQs which goes against their initial statement:

'If partial capacity is required and the number of fans allowed to attend is lower than the number of Season Ticket Holders, entry will be decided by a rolling ballot taking all restrictions in place into account and acting as reasonably as possible.'

They then shift the goal posts again and make it first come, first served.

They then post this yesterday:

'The club are confident this will allow access to all season ticket holders, who wish to attend.'

All strikes me as whoever is in charge of this ticketing process doesn't have a clue as to what they're doing. That can't be pinned on the council or wider government regardless of how difficult they've made things, because the club themselves have been constantly mucking the support around here.

Yet the club have told the local media that they 'feel they've done their best'.

What a lot of nonsense.

Edited by Ludo*1

30 minutes ago, DieDee said:

Can't believe the council have said that we can't use South Enclosure. Will be raging if they don't open this area. Should have been part of the initial plan!

Just back from the ticket office. The Derry and the Main Stand won’t open under any restrictions. The Derry because the toilets are the same route in and out, the Main Stand because of a lack of a concourse. 

As I posted yesterday. I know of someone who got tickets yesterday despite not having a ST yet. 

Make your voices heard and known - the club have handled this fucking terribly and yet again punters are being let down. 

33 minutes ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

I know this is really frustrating for everyone but this is not an easy situation for the club to deal with. I have no problem with supporters being angry that they might not get in to the stadium on Saturday but people need to remember there is a pandemic going on at the moment. The club would never intentionally stop supporters from going to the match on Saturday but clearly mistakes have been made but the council have not made this easy for the club at all with such short notice to let us know if we could open another stand etc. Hopefully things will be back to normal for the next home match. 

Yeah mistakes have happened yet again from the club. The lack of information out of the club at the best of times is a farce, this just tops it. 

Dundee City Council have been that bad through lack of contact and information the club had to get in touch with Edinburgh City Council to see what was happening with Hearts and Hibs and to ask them to get in touch with Dundee’s council on our behalf 😂

33 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

I understand there’s a pandemic etc., but the reality is that Dundee have made a much bigger arse of this than any club I’ve seen. 

I’m pissed off from a personal point of view. Last 2 seasons I’ve bought season tickets in the first couple of days of them being out and have so far had 0 tickets. I’m also pissed off from the point of view that plenty of things we do as a club are a shambles. We’re operating in the 20th century. The fact you have to queue multiple times for a ticket etc. is a joke. Why in the 21st century can’t you buy a ticket online and have it on your phone?

^^^^^^^
absolutely bang on the money 👏👏

34 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's their naievty, their shocking communication skills and the appalling logic of thinking ST holders will sit in groups of 15 that's pathetic.

We all make mistakes, but I don't think other clubs are making quite as big ones as these for their games on Saturday.

Celtic are getting around 50% in at Parkhead and Rangers roughly the same at Ibrox. I take it they’re all from the same households 😂

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

All strikes me as whoever is in charge of this ticketing process doesn't have a clue as to what they're doing.

TBF to them, they can't have been doing it long, as the usual 2 have left recently. I think the early excitement of the announcement yesterday was all done with too much haste, without working anything out in regards to actual numbers, spacing requirements etc.

The only way round this I see is to start moving all the folk sitting alone into groups of 15, freeing up spaces, however these folk would have to be contacted and then agree to it, and I don't think there's enough time for that.

Just now, johnnydun said:

TBF to them, they can't have been doing it long, as the usual 2 have left recently. I think the early excitement of the announcement yesterday was all done with too much haste, without working anything out in regards to actual numbers, spacing requirements etc.

The only way round this I see is to start moving all the folk sitting alone into groups of 15, freeing up spaces, however these folk would have to be contacted and then agree to it, and I don't think there's enough time for that.

Would it not be the stadium manager, Jim Thompson who's in charge of that and making the stands safe for the restrictions? I'd have thought the shop employees would just be in charge of dispensing the tickets and working to his orders?

14 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

As I posted yesterday. I know of someone who got tickets yesterday despite not having a ST yet. 

Make your voices heard and known - the club have handled this fucking terribly and yet again punters are being let down. 

People posting online that they didn't need to show they had their ST to get a ticket.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Would it not be the stadium manager, Jim Thompson who's in charge of that and making the stands safe for the restrictions? I'd have thought the shop employees would just be in charge of dispensing the tickets and working to his orders?

Possibly, I'm not sure of the hierarchy levels. 

At the other end of the scale, there were 2 guys refusing to accept their tickets in the Shankly because their season tickets were for the Cox and they were demanding their usual seats.

Just now, johnnydun said:

Possibly, I'm not sure of the hierarchy levels. 

At the other end of the scale, there were 2 guys refusing to accept their tickets in the Shankly because their season tickets were for the Cox and they were demanding their usual seats.

They should be punted in the pie and their tickets given away (to me).

I was told in the club shop this afternoon that 1 person who sits on their own would take up 5 seats in total, the crowd could’ve potentially  been as low as St Johnstone’s at around 1200. A maximum of 15 people could’ve been grouped together as a bubble and the fans were encourage to buy seats together but were very reluctant to do so so the capacity got slashed as the purchases went on. Why the f**k tell everyone that season ticket holders would get in if this was the case. You could stand outside queuing for 2 hours yesterday next to people not in your bubble but you can’t do it inside the ground for the same time 🤦🏻‍♂️

They said it would be a nightmare trying organise the people who bought season tickets 1st to get 1st access to this game because of time restraints 🤦🏻‍♂️ Surely tae f**k it’s easy to put a statement out saying the 1st allocation of tickets will be for season ticket holders between numbers 1 & 1500 for example. They said the season ticket books were numbered in chronological order. This is an easy solution and simple communication would’ve seen this happen. 

Apparently the national government guidelines have been that bad that the 12 top flight teams got together to see if they could make any sense of their guidelines and that if they were bad Dundee City Council was 10 times worse. 

The Derry and Main Stand won’t open under any restrictions but the club are hoping restrictions are lifted by the time of the Hibs game at Dens, doubt it myself. 

The club has made a monumental f**k up of this. 

Edited by Yenitit

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Apparently he’s off work just now. 

6 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I was told in the club shop this afternoon that 1 person who sits on their own would take up 5 seats in total, the crowd could’ve potentially  been as low as St Johnstone’s at around 1200.

Mock us all you like, but we'll have our 2k+ season ticket holders all in for our first home league game.

You could only get a ticket after you'd gone on the site and entered your unique season card number, then you just picked your seat, 30 seconds later you get your email with your barcode to be scanned in. Only get the amount of seats linked to your season ticket.

No idea how clubs the size of Dundee are still operating they way they are in terms of ticketing.