All things Dundee FC

Adam walking around  relatively fine and applauding crowd afterward FWIW.

Anderson and Cummings both strong MotM contenders, Cumdog lethal today with 2G and 2A (and probably should've had more), while Anderson could've ran players ragged for another full 90,and was unlucky not to score himself. Fin had some cracking tackles in him today as well.

Good to get back to Dens for the first time in 18 months, enjoyable attacking performance. Couple of slack goals conceded but our back line was very slapdash. Praying it's not a tombola defence next week.

That’s the 1st real problem I’ve had with our stream from 2nd half onwards today. Managed to see the goal’s but we need more numbers defensively going by the goal’s we conceded. Panter is just a young laddie but he’s not ready for centrehalf yet. Walcott from Tottenham looked better last season. 

Hard to really gauge today as I thought it was a very poor Forfar side we played. However, you can only beat what's infront of you and we did, convincingly.

Standouts today were Christie, Anderson and McMullen. Don't think I need to say more on McMullen, it's clear the directness he gives us is what we've been missing for years. That's how wingers should play and sometimes there's shades of Artero about him.

Anderson; both he and Robertson played well today but felt he gave alot more as an overall performance. Some of his runs from deep were only centimetres from being in on goal . Around five or six times today he was close to being one on one.

Robertsons lack of ball winning was mentioned by me last week but he won the most on the pitch today. The problem was some were as a case of winning it back after giving it away. Don't feel he's as penetrative in our attacks as Anderson either, but don't get me wrong, I thought he played well today.

Elliots driving runs were great all day and deserves the mention too. Linked up fairly well with McMullen on the right.

Not keen on Cummings attitude or performance I have to say - a penalty and a header after woeful goalkeeping won't change that. Alot of clumsy touches but I won't be forming opinions on him yet; we're early in the season and I'm confident he can be a good player for us at this level.

Being in the Coxy was a change and I'm wondering if many keepers have been as vocal as Legzdins? Certainly can't remember Hamilton being like that.

Onto next week, let's hope we can get 4000 in and a few of the players who were out return. Looking forward to it.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

not too concerned about the 2 sloppy goals we lost today think we did better than most expected when we saw jacubiak,kerr.marshall,byrne and mghee out the 5 of them would have started today then you throw in fontaine and adam going off before half time..all in all job done we're seeded bring on anybody next.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

I agree re Cummings and his clumsy touches. He is remarkably poor outside the box.
How did big Sheridan look?

This is just something we see completely differently Spuds. I think his off the ball work and hold up play is excellent.

4 hours ago, Yenitit said:

That’s the 1st real problem I’ve had with our stream from 2nd half onwards today. Managed to see the goal’s but we need more numbers defensively going by the goal’s we conceded. Panter is just a young laddie but he’s not ready for centrehalf yet. Walcott from Tottenham looked better last season. 

Tbf to Panter, he hardly had much preparation for the game. In his interview on DeeTV he said he'd only found out he was starting 2 hours prior to the game, and 15 minutes in he had to shift from LB to CB for most of the game. I'll give him and the team the benefit of the doubt on those goals due to the circumstances, and that Panter is more of a full back imo than a centre back.

I agree re Cummings and his clumsy touches. He is remarkably poor outside the box.

I personally thought Cummings looked more than fine today, but maybe that's just me. Buzzed about the pitch, nice run and assist for Adam on the 1st goal, and did similar all game with some nice passes throughout. Penalty goal is a given, but the 2nd goal was a nice wee header at the back post. If he'd been a bit more clinical he could've had a hat-trick. Obviously the big test starts next week, but was quite effective today I'd say.

How did big Sheridan look?

Didn't see too much of the ball, but he liked running up the left flank and cutting back, found Anderson a couple of times to create good chances, and sent a pass to Cummings that he really should've taken but wasn't confident in his right foot. Looked decent as a nuisance up front, but could've done with Adam's crosses into the box to utilise his height more.

16 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Tbf to Panter, he hardly had much preparation for the game. In his interview on DeeTV he said he'd only found out he was starting 2 hours prior to the game, and 15 minutes in he had to shift from LB to CB for most of the game. I'll give him and the team the benefit of the doubt on those goals due to the circumstances, and that Panter is more of a full back imo than a centre back.

I personally thought Cummings looked more than fine today, but maybe that's just me. Buzzed about the pitch, nice run and assist for Adam on the 1st goal, and did similar all game with some nice passes throughout. Penalty goal is a given, but the 2nd goal was a nice wee header at the back post. If he'd been a bit more clinical he could've had a hat-trick. Obviously the big test starts next week, but was quite effective today I'd say.

Didn't see too much of the ball, but he liked running up the left flank and cutting back, found Anderson a couple of times to create good chances, and sent a pass to Cummings that he really should've taken but wasn't confident in his right foot. Looked decent as a nuisance up front, but could've done with Adam's crosses into the box to utilise his height more.

Yeah he looks more like a fullback than a centrehalf. 

This is just something we see completely differently Spuds. I think his off the ball work and hold up play is excellent.

I could easily be wrong, I usually am.
Real test is next week. No fucking about, a relatively easy game, a game we have to be winning to set our stall out.
3 nil St Mirren [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

8 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I could easily be wrong, I usually am.
Real test is next week. No fucking about, a relatively easy game, a game we have to be winning to set our stall out.
3 nil St Mirren emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I don't think there's any 'easy' games in the Premiership.   I take it you mean easy in comparison to other teams we'll face?  This is one we can no doubt win but just as easily lose, especially if we still have loads of players out isolating due to covid.  Your 3 nil St Mirren comment tends to suggest you're thinking the same way as me.

Edited by mev

11 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Never really got a sniff.

Yeah, never really got an opportunity to score but had some nice touches and passes.  He looks like he's always aware of what's going on around him so may well set up others for goals.  He reminded me a bit of Eric Sinclair in his movement and the way he looked to bring others into play, obviously a lot taller though.

Yeah, never really got an opportunity to score but had some nice touches and passes.  He looks like he's always aware of what's going on around him so may well set up others for goals.  He reminded me a bit of Eric Sinclair in his movement and the way he looked to bring others into play, obviously a lot taller though.

And hopefully a wee bit quicker [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I don't think there's any 'easy' games in the Premiership.   I take it you mean easy in comparison to other teams we'll face?  This is one we can no doubt win but just as easily lose, especially if we still have loads of players out isolating due to covid.  Your 3 nil St Mirren comment tends to suggest you're thinking the same way as me.

I was kidding a bit but I think the key to survival is to scrap like f**k for points from the first minute of the first game. We’ve been slow starters for several seasons, this pre season we’ve made very few changes - which should help. Remember when we played St Mirren on the opening day down there a couple of years ago. Numerous missed chances and then the Flap Jack f**k up. You just can’t afford results like that.