All things Dundee FC

I don't know about you lot, but I am more confident this season than I ever have been going into a Premiership season in the past 15+ years.

It's probably because I have just finished watching the Crystal Palace documentary on Prime about a team full of misfits, who over achieved, mainly down to the team spirit. I just see flashes in that, to what we have currently.

I think McPake has done the right thing, giving the likes of Sheridan a 2 week odd period to see if, not only how he plays, but how his personality fits with the current harmony.

It feels like we have a proper team, that play for each other. Something severely lacking in recent times.

I am thoroughly looking forward to this season.

Edited by johnnydun

I don't know about you lot, but I am more confident this season than I ever have been going into a Premiership season in the past 15+ years.
It's probably because I have just finished watching the Crystal Palace documentary on Prime about a team full of misfits, who over achieved, mainly down to the team spirit. I just see flashes in that, to what we have currently.
I think McPake has done the right thing, giving the likes of Sheridan a 2 week odd period to see if, not only how he plays, but how his personality fits with the current harmony.
It feels like we have a proper team, that play for each other. Something severely lacking in recent times.
I am thoroughly looking forward to this season.

Me too! Can only mean 1 thing, another 6-2 gubbing in the first Derby and relegated before Xmas [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Stolen from the new strips thread.

E61q2bsXMAQdpS-.jpg

Thank you.

Their new strip is particularly disgusting - saw a wee clip on the news and it's not as bad as their terrible away kit from last year, but it is fucking awful.

Just one of the many reasons I'm glad I'm not a DAB...:green

21 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Their new strip is particularly disgusting - saw a wee clip on the news and it's not as bad as their terrible away kit from last year, but it is fucking awful.

Just one of the many reasons I'm glad I'm not a DAB...:green

It's a tough gig for any kit designer when the base colour is a garish orange but to consider mixing in some random streaks is almost taking the piss. That said, it's still not got much on the downright catastrophe of a jersey that was the 2017/18 "jobbie sleeve" home jersey. 

Quick word on Montrose; was great to see the Derry faithful again and things are looking well for a top of the group finish. Little bit of luck and hopefully we find ourselves in the latter stages.

On the game i thought McCowan and Anderson were brilliant when they came on and contributed to us winning a match that was dying a slow death after a dominant first half. 

Nothing but a win tomorrow then onto the league campaign we go.

Positive times to be a Dee. 

Thank you.

1 hour ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

Mcmullan was in my work today and he was limping so he definitely won't play tomorrow (he wouldn't be risked tomorrow anyway I don't think) and I think he will be lucky to make the St mirren match but fingers crossed 🤞

I’m not in the least bit surprised tbh. 

1 hour ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

Mcmullan was in my work today and he was limping so he definitely won't play tomorrow (he wouldn't be risked tomorrow anyway I don't think) and I think he will be lucky to make the St mirren match but fingers crossed 🤞

Disappointing, hope it's just a bit of inflammation, and he'll be available come next week.

2 hours ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

Lucky he's not out for the season with a snapped fibula. IMO.

Thank you.

Maybe a bit of a long shot, is there footage anywhere of Dundee’s last game of season 91/92 against Montrose?

was listening to a podcast with Ivo den Bieman today and he referenced the game and it ultimately leading to his move to Dundee. I was at the game as a 13 year old in the Montrose end. Montrose won 2-1 but Dundee has the league trophy presented to them after the final whistle.  The highlights were definitely on either Sky or terrestrial TV

It seems McMullan has escaped serious injury.  Not sure if that means he will play tomorrow though.  They said the same thing about Mullen and he's only just started light training.  You always knew with a ref like Newlands we would have a few injuries after the Montrose game.  If he'd been harder on some of Waddell's challenges earlier in the game the bad tackle on McMullan probably wouldn't have happened.  He was throwing his weight around right from the start.  Jakubiak came in for some rough treatment but got nothing from the ref.  Newlands was the same with Cummings when we lost to Ayr at Dens.