All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

A wee bit libellous from the boss? Shockingly bad tackle that deserved a red and a bang in the coupon but to say it was pretty much premeditated/intentional might be wrong, only Waddell will know. He knew himself it was a shocker with how quickly he bailed out after the game. 

Agree 100% @Yenitit on the above subject of any unqualified second guessing of what someone else is thinking.

I strongly feel James McPake needs to concentrate and retain his focus on what he is actually qualified to comment upon. From July 2019 until February 2021, unless I'm mistaken we were not very impressed followers to say the least.

All's looking very positive at the moment, however let's not get too big for your spats James McPake.

Certainly looking forward to this season though, good times for a change and it's a few years since we could all honestly say that.

Thoughts with @stumigoo and his family at this time.

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

McCowan and Anderson lifted the pace of the game when they came on. I’d start McCowan  on Saturday and Anderson’s performance last night would ensure he won’t be going out on loan anywhere next season.  Max should be looking to force himself into the side next season and at worst be the 1st subbie to come on for any of the midfield 3. Looking forward to seeing McMullan starting on one wing and McCowan on the other and having a right go at team’s. 

Aye I've said before Anderson I feel shouldn't be going anywhere but Robertson I think should be going out on loan.  Anderson I felt did enough last season to at least be challenging for a first team place 

34 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Have you seen the tackle/challenge for the ball?

Who, me?

I've saw it and it’s a shocker, actually shouted at the tv “ye fuckin dirty b*****d” when it happened 😂 Genuinely thought when he was lying down injured that everything had been going to well the end of last season and preseason and that this was the proverbial boot in the bollocks us Dundee fans are very much accustomed too. Has anyone heard how McMullan’s injury is today?

6 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Aye I've said before Anderson I feel shouldn't be going anywhere but Robertson I think should be going out on loan.  Anderson I felt did enough last season to at least be challenging for a first team place 

Yeah I’m in total agreement 

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Has anyone heard how McMullan’s injury is today?

Well he walked off relatively fine and McPake said he'd get scanned and should hopefully be alright. Less worried for McMullan than I was for Marshall the week prior.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Well he walked off relatively fine and McPake said he'd get scanned and should hopefully be alright. Less worried for McMullan than I was for Marshall the week prior.

I thought he was hobbling and in a bit of discomfort tbh. Those type of injuries are usually the ones that swell and when you stop moving/rest overnight and that’s when the full extent of the injury comes out. I’m jumping the gun and presuming it’s an ankle injury. 

4 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

one thing ive noticed is mr Adam must be the worst tackler in football...i'd be having a word wi him about getting there late and picking up bookings

Think he’s just throwing his weight around like his auld man tbh. Charlie looks like a strong player 💪

one thing ive noticed is mr Adam must be the worst tackler in football...i'd be having a word wi him about getting there late and picking up bookings

You’re right. We don’t need him missing games needlessly.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

You’re right. We don’t need him missing games needlessly.

think most of his bookings are a result in him getting there late and just carrying on with the tackle....there was a foul last night that he could have been booked for before he got booked for a similar attempt.

14 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I thought he was hobbling and in a bit of discomfort tbh. Those type of injuries are usually the ones that swell and when you stop moving/rest overnight and that’s when the full extent of the injury comes out. I’m jumping the gun and presuming it’s an ankle injury. 

Watched him walking off back on DeeTV, no noticeable limp of any kind as far as I could see, didn't need Gerry to assist him walking off. I'm sure there was some discomfort, but not convinced his ankle's badly injured. Game ended about a minute later, so it's not like there was much of an impact he would've made staying on.

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Watched him walking off back on DeeTV, no noticeable limp of any kind as far as I could see, didn't need Gerry to assist him walking off. I'm sure there was some discomfort, but not convinced his ankle's badly injured. Game ended about a minute later, so it's not like there was much of an impact he would've made staying on.

That’s true. 

That c**t cannae cross a ba anyway 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Have you seen the tackle/challenge for the ball?

I believe from reports and have no doubt having not viewed myself the tackle it's an absolute shocker, however the point I'm clearly highlighting is James McPake is not qualified to second guess what another is thinking in that precise moment in time. Hence he should not in any way be commenting in that unprofessional manner.

Only Kerr Waddell can answer what was going through his mind at that moment, that is a fact.

He may be our current manager, however to deserve our respect James McPake has to earn it in more ways than one, other a few months of decent, good results. Think in future before you pass comment in the heat of the moment James McPake, you should already know how to choose your words more carefully post match, imho.

Dark Blue regards

Edited by This Charming Man

11 hours ago, stumigoo said:

My grandpa died last week. If you are a regular on this thread, you’ll know that my dad (also a United fan) has struck up a random friendship with Adam Legzdins. I saw my dad yesterday and he told me that Legzdins had found out about my grandpa’s passing, and that he had turned up at my parent’s house, unannounced, with a condolences card and had a chat with them. I think it meant quite a lot to my dad.

So, Adam Legzdins = Good guy.

Adam might think it’s a small, nice gesture to make but it’ll mean a helluva lot to your auld man and something he won’t forget.  Sorry for your loss, hope your Dad’s doing as well as can expected. The worst of times losing 1 of your parents regardless of age. 

3 hours ago, mev said:

It was an awful tackle and I expected him to see red.  A shocker of a decision from the ref imo.   When he left Dens, Waddell angered McPake with some of the comments online about how Waddell heard he was being let go.  Apparently he heard about it on Twitter which McPake furiously denied.  If Waddell was lying about that then I can understand why McPake wasn't holding back.

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Did they not get into a public spat when Waddell was saying "Nice to find out I've been released on Twitter" then McPake come out and basically said "It was on Twitter because you asked the club to put it there so clubs would contact you". 

Honestly thought that was McCann. Forgot all about that one. Cheers lads.

I believe from reports and have no doubt having not viewed myself the tackle it's an absolute shocker, however the point I'm clearly highlighting is James McPake is not qualified to second guess what another is thinking in that precise moment in time. Hence he should not in any way be commenting in that unprofessional manner.
Only Kerr Waddell can answer what was going through his mind at that moment, that is a fact.
He may be our current manager, however to deserve our respect James McPake has to earn it in more ways than one, other a few months of decent, good results. Think in future before you pass comment in the heat of the moment James McPake, you should already know how to choose your words more carefully post match, imho.
Dark Blue regards

McPake got us promoted. Right now he can say what he likes and I lap it up. If he says Kerr Waddell is a c**t, he’s a c**t in my book. Get zero points in the first 3 games and McPake will be the c**t and needing thrown in the sea. It’s the Dundee way.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Smith was one of our youth coaches up until Covid hit. Wonder if Keyes put in a good word.

Looks like the club is being set up as more of a charity awareness for Alzheimer's. 

Screenshot_20210722-184151_Chrome.jpg

Bold move including City, United and FC in your club name. Is Barry being Punk’d?

23 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

McPake got us promoted. Right now he can say what he likes and I lap it up. If he says Kerr Waddell is a c**t, he’s a c**t in my book. Get zero points in the first 3 games and McPake will be the c**t and needing thrown in the sea. It’s the Dundee way.

Fair comment as always Spud-gun, evenly balanced discussion for another time my man.

Not permissible at the moment to disrespect the current management in any shape or form.

For what it's worth I think they'll do well this season as long as they think before they speak. 

Mr McPake needs to realise this is not the 1920's.

Regards

Edited by This Charming Man