All things Dundee FC

6 hours ago, stumigoo said:

My grandpa died last week. If you are a regular on this thread, you’ll know that my dad (also a United fan) has struck up a random friendship with Adam Legzdins. I saw my dad yesterday and he told me that Legzdins had found out about my grandpa’s passing, and that he had turned up at my parent’s house, unannounced, with a condolences card and had a chat with them. I think it meant quite a lot to my dad.

So, Adam Legzdins = Good guy.

Sorry to hear about your loss mate hope you are doing ok and that's a touch of class from Adam Legzdins 👏

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I liked him when he played for us, and was disappointed it never worked out, but that last night was just shite-bag behaviour, to try and cripple a fellow pro is the actions of a rat. IMO.

Thank you.

Few things that struck me about this match...
1. The incredible number of times that the posts were hit by both teams. 
2. Artero in his prime was some boy. When he got going down the wing he was almost unstoppable. I remember one match against the DABs in particular when he was making runs in front of the Derry for fun. 
3. I'd forgotten how fiery De Marchi was. Almost constantly looking for a scrap and occasionally remembering that was a central defender. 
4. Fab Cab. So good. 
Artero was genuinely brilliant. He came a few months before FabCab etc. Scored a lovely injury time winner at Pittodrie as well as tearing the DABs a new and regular arse.

De Marchi was infuriating. He could easily have been one of our best ever central defenders but was continually drawn into petty squabbles and easily wound up. He lost us a cup tie against Hearts at Dens with a nonsense red card in the first half after we'd utterly dominated them.

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

Artero was genuinely brilliant. He came a few months before FabCab etc. Scored a lovely injury time winner at Pittodrie as well as tearing the DABs a new and regular arse.

Was it Luna or Billio that Harry rocked up alongside? 

Was it Luna or Billio that Harry rocked up alongside? 
Luna I think, though Billio wasnt long after. Luna was decent in the air and scored a fine header in a 2-2 at Celtic in the same game as Jonathan Gould produced one of best goalkeeping howlers I've ever seen to gift Graham Bayne (I think) a goal.

56 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I liked him when he played for us, and was disappointed it never worked out, but that last night was just shite-bag behaviour, to try and cripple a fellow pro is the actions of a rat. IMO.

Thank you.

The game was already lost, there was about one minute left and it was in the middle of the pitch - absolutely bizarre challenge to make apart from anything else. He should've walked for that. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Waddell and McPake have a bit of history, do they not? 

What's this? Not heard anything?

Was it Waddell that benefited from McPake's injury or was his breakthrough the season after?

Frustrated challenge but I would say a booking was right and not as bad as McPake is making out. Replay would be helpful of course, better go take a look if it's on Dee tv.

Biggest plus last night was when McCowan and Anderson came on, both were excellent and worked really well together. I thought a loan was the right move for Anderson but I really hope he can make a big impact this season. Downside was Jacobiak, far from convinced he is SPL standard, and Byrne, maybe that type of game doesn't suit him but he had such little impact. Would give plus marks to all the rest.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

A wee bit libellous from the boss? Shockingly bad tackle that deserved a red and a bang in the coupon but to say it was pretty much premeditated/intentional might be wrong, only Waddell will know. He knew himself it was a shocker with how quickly he bailed out after the game. 

1 minute ago, DieDee said:

Frustrated challenge but I would say a booking was right and not as bad as McPake is making out. Replay would be helpful of course, better go take a look if it's on Dee tv.

Biggest plus last night was when McCowan and Anderson came on, both were excellent and worked really well together. I thought a loan was the right move for Anderson but I really hope he can make a big impact this season. Downside was Jacobiak, far from convinced he is SPL standard, and Byrne, maybe that type of game doesn't suit him but he had such little impact. Would give plus marks to all the rest.

McCowan and Anderson lifted the pace of the game when they came on. I’d start McCowan  on Saturday and Anderson’s performance last night would ensure he won’t be going out on loan anywhere next season.  Max should be looking to force himself into the side next season and at worst be the 1st subbie to come on for any of the midfield 3. Looking forward to seeing McMullan starting on one wing and McCowan on the other and having a right go at team’s. 

Smith was one of our youth coaches up until Covid hit. Wonder if Keyes put in a good word.

Looks like the club is being set up as more of a charity awareness for Alzheimer's. 

Screenshot_20210722-184151_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

It was an awful tackle and I expected him to see red.  A shocker of a decision from the ref imo.   When he left Dens, Waddell angered McPake with some of the comments online about how Waddell heard he was being let go.  Apparently he heard about it on Twitter which McPake furiously denied.  If Waddell was lying about that then I can understand why McPake wasn't holding back.

23 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What's this? Not heard anything?

Did they not get into a public spat when Waddell was saying "Nice to find out I've been released on Twitter" then McPake come out and basically said "It was on Twitter because you asked the club to put it there so clubs would contact you". 

37 minutes ago, DieDee said:

I reckon the fact that McMullan was on the deck getting treatment for a couple of minutes and couldn't continue showed how bad a challenge it was. Pretty sure the Montrose commentator also said Waddell was lucky not to see red.