Mr Gandosaur

All things Dundee FC

15 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

As for the Ayr debacle, I don't think that was near the same, it was just the first real indication that we were a shockingly shite team.

Ooft, get a load of that line-up.

image.png.968f1a0392588f828e76e0b5c00ca847.png

I'd take 5 of that line up and 3 of the bench in today's squad. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'd take 5 of that line up and 3 of the bench in today's squad. 

One from the line-up, two from the bench for me. At most.

22 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Ooft, get a load of that line-up.

image.png.968f1a0392588f828e76e0b5c00ca847.png

I'd have:

Ralph,  Madianga,  Parish, Caulker, Kamara, Curran and either of Moussa/Kallman.

To put that into context:

Ralph is better than Marshall for me (and I really like Marshall).

Madianga was quality IMO.

Parish to fill the bench next season.

Kamara is one of the best players in Scotland these days.

Caulker is well above any of our CHs.

Moussa is a joke figure, but he'd provide more for us in the role we want Sow to play. As would Kallman IMO.

I'd also have Kusunga or Meekings ahead of Fontaine. Curran is better than McDaid as well.

That seems more that you have a differing philosophy on football than anything else and in some cases I agree wholeheartedly and in others I don't. He based his teams on a more attacking form of defence whilst you take the more traditional view of things. I reckon our team was a hard b*****d type in midfield away from being a very successful team at it's peak and that I do agree on, the midfield needed addressing and balancing.
I think that Rangers game we went in with the attitude that we'd walk right over them (as we did a season or 2 later with O'Hara putting them to the sword a few times) and were punished by a team that had its first chance to try and prove they were Rangers of old. We were always in trouble that game but things might have been different if we'd held our nerve past the opening minute!
I'd love the level of groundhog day that we had under Hartley compared to absolutely anything else we've had since the Bonetti era back in 2001 tbh.

Right - I’m in. I’ll phone Ramsay and get him to deliver a skip up to Dens for him to live in - you nip up to Cove and get the deal done. Canny wait.

That McCann team. Caulker on the bench while utter dug meat like Meekings were on the park. Kamara on the bench and Spence playing - was he on magic mushies ffs.

5 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Right - I’m in. I’ll phone Ramsay and get him to deliver a skip up to Dens for him to live in - you nip up to Cove and get the deal done. Canny wait.

That McCann team. Caulker on the bench while utter dug meat like Meekings were on the park. Kamara on the bench and Spence playing - was he on magic mushies ffs.

:lol:

Again, I think it's the misguided arrogance that @Mr. Alli refers to thinking we could pap out an Ayr side that were flying whilst we 'rest' our key players!

Had to go back on Twitter to find the line-up, and the way some talk I assume Kamara was coming off an injury. As for Caulker, idk.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

As for Caulker, idk.

There's a niggling thing in the back of my mind that this was just after Caulker wrecked his hotel. 

Just remembered that was the game that Moussa came on at the hour mark, and got himself sent off in 15 minutes 😆 A sobering reminder as to why we all hated him.

There's a niggling thing in the back of my mind that this was just after Caulker wrecked his hotel. 

Caulker wrecked his hotel room? How does so much shit happen and I don’t know???
What’s the script here Mr Alli?

When everything reopens we should defo have a P and B hospitality day at Dens. There can’t be more than 20 of us regularly posting.
Who is in?

11 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Caulker wrecked his hotel room? How does so much shit happen and I don’t know???
What’s the script here Mr Alli?

It was all posted at the time. He went on the drink and destroyed his room. 

8 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

When everything reopens we should defo have a P and B hospitality day at Dens. There can’t be more than 20 of us regularly posting.
Who is in?

In. 

34 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Who is in?

Em in. Johnny is in also. He has no choice 

52 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Who is in?

Sounds like an anxiety filled disaster.

I'm in.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Who is in?

This has got total disaster written all over it. 

I'm in.

Your city is missing an idiot….it’s his birthday soon. Please get him some crayons. 

F19AF821-0D12-428C-9B80-F83CB32A35F9.thumb.jpeg.1c870a06ef0c6e44e4fac66ab483ceea.jpeg

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Who is in?

I’d like to attend, just to understand how your club can avoid another administration.

@Mr. Alli seems to think that this is not an issue. It will be interesting to see the figures for the last financial year. When do you expect them to be out?

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/club-statement-accounts-2/

The accounts for the year ending 31st May 2019 have been approved and signed by the Directors. 

Quite clearly, 2018/19 was a frustrating and disappointing season with the club being relegated from the SPFL Premiership. A loss for the year had been forecast but the actual loss of £1,825,669 was significantly higher than the previous year’s loss (£425,748). 

Revenue from the cup competitions was much lower than the year before and gains from the transfers of players were down year on year. Whilst income fell, total expenses increased by around £590,000, with player and managerial wages forming the major part of this increase. In an attempt to avoid relegation, changes had been made to the management team and as the Board supported the new manager in reshaping the playing squad, this increased player wage costs. 

Unfortunately, these changes and the additional expenditure failed to prevent relegation and the management team has been replaced, the costs of which are reflected in these accounts.   

With significantly reduced revenue from playing in the Championship, the Directors are forecasting another loss for the year to 31 May 2020 and whilst the board strives to ensure that the club gets promotion back to the Premiership, steps are being taken to reduce costs.

Edited by Yflab

7 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Your city is missing an idiot….it’s his birthday soon. Please get him some crayons. 

F19AF821-0D12-428C-9B80-F83CB32A35F9.thumb.jpeg.1c870a06ef0c6e44e4fac66ab483ceea.jpeg

362B0C27-6EA1-4898-8553-44BD07C494CA.jpeg.1f5dcc220e911da50b487c44bdf56145.jpeg.900bce226e44217feb7938f46a53386d.jpeg

You spend a whole day trolling and sending red dots on an online then cry when you yourself are awarded red dots - on an online forum. 

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

f**k off m8.

I’ll even buy the first round at hospitality. 😂 🍺 😂 

Imagine you have to spend (sic) another season in the championship. Oh dear. Say hello to Morton. 👋