All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Robin.Hood said:

This is the only place I have ever used. Clearly don't miss much it seems.  

As @RandomGuy. quite rightly says, team specific forums are always, always an absolute minter-thon. No doubt some great guys (top the head - the rev and shaded.) there's always guys like cobra who, for all I applaud it, is just so blinded and encapsulated in Dundee FC that they could murder a whole orphanage and he'd paint it a good picture for the world.

Too many lunatics. I like the peh lunatics. The OG's. Mah biys.

Keep they cuntos well clear, ken. 

7 hours ago, CanadianDee said:

I'm a member here and TDB as well although I'm not super frequent poster, more of a lurker. That covid thread was an embarrassment and those two plus another couple were posting total insanity, disinformation, misinformation, and conspiracy garbage lifted straight out of everyone's crazy uncle's facebook page, but I resisted the urge to get involved. I simply upvoted the sane posters that tried to keep the thread tethered to some sort of reality.

Frankly the TDB owner showed an incredible amount of patience when dealing with these nutters, much more than I would have allowed had it been my forum. Anyways I hope he doesn't allow these guys to chase him and his forum away.

I use both TDB and P&B. The volume of Dee stuff over there is much greater which is why I like it. Quantity doesn't always mean quality but I'd miss it if it wasn't around.

As for the Covid thread, I'm just surprised it lasted as long as it did. The Mods clearly let it run its course. The 2 posters getting mentioned are solid Dee posters there - I suppose that thread confirms again why politics (in the loosest sense) are best kept amongst friends. 

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Was it Mr Sensible or Reverend Lovejoy? 

I honestly can’t remember. Think this skullduggery character was involved in it tbh. It was on about page 3 or 4 when I read it and iirc some lunatic was saying tens of thousands of people had died because of the vaccine, I thought at that point I’m not reading anymore of this pish. The next time I went on the site it was on around page 20 which I haven’t read. f**k knows what’s happened to the Rev he used to be decent to read his opinions but now 😮 

As for the ‘look at look at me I’m not having the vaccine’ mob…well dinnae have it. Just don’t tell the fuckin world you’re not having and dinnae come greetin about it when you’re fucked with covid and your lungs are scarred the rest of your days. If you want to do your bit and have the jab, fine. If you don’t, fine the world doesn’t need to know. 

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Was it Mr Sensible or Reverend Lovejoy? 

Like on here, I tend to stay away from 'general topic' threads on TDB, because I'm only there (and here) to talk football. I know Mr Sensible for providing surprisingly reliable transfer info and the good Reverend as an enthusiastic cheerleader, but then I read that Social Distancing thread and they come off horribly. Not worth the time engaging with that pish imo, but surprised those two were part of it (whether I should have or not).

I'm gonna assume now with the benefit of hindsight that the admin closed the sight last night after getting mad at some of those weirdos, and brought it back up after calming down.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

A big thing for me this season is that we address our home form. Taking away the period with no fans, Dens has been a pretty miserable experience for large parts of the last decade. We absolutely always seem to get beat by the better teams when in the premiership and more often than not a draw is the best we get. Always seems we pull off better results away from home. A big three points to open the season would be a good start and there's no reason we should be talking ourselves down from doing that. 

Big season for Kerr aswell. I've been his biggest critic and still stand by most of it, but he was very good in April and May. What we need now is for him to progress and show week in week out he's got what it takes. He's no longer a young lad and we really need him to nail down that starting spot with performances showing his experience and years in the game. 

Right now i believe we have the quality to look further ahead than just staying up, nonetheless survival has to be our primary aim. Roll on the seasons start as we go again.

Thank you. 

On 10/06/2021 at 06:25, Dundee-FC92 said:

Taking away the obvious favourites of France anyone sticking bets on the Euros?

I'm thinking Italy look strong and Denmark (looking at higher odds).

Hope some of you jumped on the Italians. Livingston will be going down this season too. 

Thank you. 

6 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Hope some of you jumped on the Italians. Livingston will be going down this season too. 

Thank you. 

It's amazing how often a top six side gets relegated or really struggles for the following season or two because other sides have pinched their best players.  There's usually at least one side like that.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was Livingston this season.

Just now, mev said:

It's amazing how often a top six side gets relegated or really struggles for the following season or two because other sides have pinched their best players.

*waves*

We're guaranteed to be losing 3 of our best players in the next 12 months, and we've not signed anyone whos considered first choice since Shaun Rooney/Jamie McCart agreed to join 18 months ago.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

*waves*

We're guaranteed to be losing 3 of our best players in the next 12 months, and we've not signed anyone whos considered first choice since Shaun Rooney/Jamie McCart agreed to join 18 months ago.

Somehow you guys have been able to sign players who fit right in with your squad and didn't take forever to gel with their team mates.  It's absolutely key and James McPake has publicly stated he considers a players personality an extremely important part of his signing policy.  They have to be able to fit in and not be of a type that would disrupt the squad.  Copying you guys somewhat I guess.  Paul McMullan was sidelined at Tannadice but has been on fire since he moved to Dens in the January transfer window.

Somehow you guys have been able to sign players who fit right in with your squad and didn't take forever to gel with their team mates.  It's absolutely key and James McPake has publicly stated he considers a players personality an extremely important part of his signing policy.  They have to be able to fit in and not be of a type that would disrupt the squad.  Copying you guys somewhat I guess.  Paul McMullan was sidelined at Tannadice but has been on fire since he moved to Dens in the January transfer window.
McMullan is a very effective Championship player though. Will be interesting to see if he is able to make the step up this time, wasn't really up to it with United. They were extremely negative last season though.

3 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:
5 minutes ago, mev said:

McMullan is a very effective Championship player though. Will be interesting to see if he is able to make the step up this time, wasn't really up to it with United. They were extremely negative last season though.

McMullan's greatest asset is his pace and he's a winger.  From what I saw of United last season and it wasn't much, they seemed to prefer going through the middle or the channels with Shankland and Clark and then bringing the wingers/full backs into play.  That meant his pace wasn't being exploited.  His final ball can be a bit erratic at times so I can see why it wasn't working out for him at Tannadice.   It was the same with Martin Boyle when he was at Dens.  Paul Hartley preferred going through the middle and using overlapping fullbacks which didn't make full use of Boyle's Pace.  He got sidelined at Dens but his game took off when he wen't on loan to Hibs who used a different formation which allowed him to use his pace to good effect.  Dundee play a different formation to United using wingers and full backs linking up together and they  don't tend to go through the middle so much.  It seems to suit McMullan's game better.

18 minutes ago, mev said:

McMullan's greatest asset is his pace and he's a winger.  From what I saw of United last season and it wasn't much, they seemed to prefer going through the middle or the channels with Shankland and Clark and then bringing the wingers/full backs into play.  That meant his pace wasn't being exploited.  His final ball can be a bit erratic at times so I can see why it wasn't working out for him at Tannadice.   It was the same with Martin Boyle when he was at Dens.  Paul Hartley preferred going through the middle and using overlapping fullbacks which didn't make full use of Boyle's Pace.  He got sidelined at Dens but his game took off when he wen't on loan to Hibs who used a different formation which allowed him to use his pace to good effect.  Dundee play a different formation to United using wingers and full backs linking up together and they  don't tend to go through the middle so much.  It seems to suit McMullan's game better.

McMullan never really got much of a look in last season, although he was pretty ineffective when he did get in the team - in mitigation, we weren't exactly playing to his strengths. I am not sure he is a good enough Premiership quality winger, but he will certainly have his moments. We shall see, I guess.

He will definitely score against us this season, though. I have reconciled myself to that already.

53 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

McMullan never really got much of a look in last season, although he was pretty ineffective when he did get in the team - in mitigation, we weren't exactly playing to his strengths. I am not sure he is a good enough Premiership quality winger, but he will certainly have his moments. We shall see, I guess.

He will definitely score against us this season, though. I have reconciled myself to that already.

It's so often the case that players score against their former clubs, Kyle Benedictus for Raith against Dundee being a prime example.  I can see McMullan being desperate to score against you guys just to make a point.  I was very surprised United let him go to be honest as he always seemed to play really well against us.  His final ball and passing is a bit hit or miss but when he gets it right it invariably leads to a goal after he has torn a hole through the opposition defence using his blinding pace.  There is no way we would have been promoted without him.  He really is a handful when given proper service from the likes of Charlie Adam and Shaun Byrne.

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Sarto without trying to wind you up, your club not playing McMullan was up there with any bat sh!t decision making my club has done. The guy genuinely transformed our side last season. Yeah Charlie was very good most of the time and McGhee a revelation in the middle of the park but for me McMullan’s contribution topped the lot. His genuine pace stretches the game allowing others more time and space to play in and this “cannae cross the ba” pish is just ridiculous. I think he’s now had 15 assists but with better finishing his assist number should be a fair bit more. 
Without him signing we weren’t going up  

Thank you very much for Paul McMullan, 

Thank you very, very, very much!

Edited by Yenitit

2 hours ago, mev said:

No need to go through the middle when Adam can ping balls behind defences that don't meet that sort of quality anywhere else.

Thank you.

35 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Sarto without trying to wind you up, your club not playing McMullan was up there with any bat sh!t decision making my club has done. The guy genuinely transformed our side last season. Yeah Charlie was very good most of the time and McGhee a revelation in the middle of the park but for me McMullan’s contribution topped the lot. His genuine pace stretches the game allowing others more time and space to play in and this “cannae cross the ba” pish is just ridiculous. I think he’s now had 15 assists but with better finishing his assist number should be a fair bit more. 
Without him signing we weren’t going up  

Thank you very much for Paul McMullan, 

Thank you very, very, very much!

Spot on, if I was a DAB I would be seething, giving away the tiny bearded speed merchant for nothing, and giving the enemy promotion. Ho ho.

Thank you Fundee Ushite-it.

Celtic and Rangers are the only guaranteed teams that'll finish above us next season.  I'd imagine Perth Saints as well, but everyone else is fucking stinking.  Get in aboot this league Dundee.

Thank you.