All things Dundee FC

Personally having registered on P&B in April 2019 on the recommendation of a good friend at the time of the Jim McIntyre experience I have to say I've never ventured onto adjacent sites.

The comms on here between rival clubs is vibrant and occasionally amusing and interesting, however there again who give's a sugary shite unless it's of Dark Blue origin and interest.

The folk behind these other sites are obviously fellow Dee's, so crack on and give me an alternative. 

Regards     

The state of the DeeMad regulars getting excited at the thought of them becoming relevant again. 

ETA: Which I suppose they are because this whole drama has made me look in. :lol:

Edited by Ludo*1

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

The state of the DeeMad regulars getting excited at the thought of them becoming relevant again. 

ETA: Which I suppose they are because this whole drama has made me look in. :lol:

DeeMad is for complete moon howlers.

My first post on P&B, account finally made during euros. As a long time lurker on The Dark Blues, I'd be sad to see it go. Brought me back closer to the club during last admin when I returned to Dens for first time in decades.

Previously only ever went to a couple of West Coast away games a season when living that direction.

I've never lived in or around Dundee and it's always been a journey/pilgrimage whether down the A9, up the M90 or across from Glasgow. The Dark Blues brought a sense of community for a sado part timer like myself🤣

The only other site I have ever used was East Football - but there were too few Dees on it.

I was a mod there at one time but spent most of my time dealing with arsehole Arabs at the weekend.

I think Lyle Lanley posts there still?

Last time I looked it was like the deadzone.

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

🤔 He was just posting a few minutes ago, proved by his interactions with this weirdo

image.png.60b6e3a221864f96cd75bf6058e2e49c.png

image.png.3640bd35ff1f3569150f5ee7cfcfc436.png

Mr Ross seems an angry man going by his very few posts on Twitter. I’d imagine it must be a pain in the arse moderating a site you’ve created and having randoms having a pop at you. 

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Mr Ross seems an angry man going by his very few posts on Twitter. I’d imagine it must be a pain in the arse moderating a site you’ve created and having randoms having a pop at you. 

According to Ludo this boy was a regular poster (I don't remember him tbh), but clearly some anti-vax p***k who deserved the ban he complains about.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

12 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

According to Ludo this boy was a regular poster (I don't remember him tbh), but clearly some anti-vax p***k who deserved the ban he complains about.

Maybe a Mad poster now that I think about it? Was definitely involved in that lunatic haven of a covid thread and a name I've seen regularly on Dundee forums but could easily be on here or Mad instead of TDB tbf!

Just now, barco said:

I wonder how much it would cost to start up a replacement for TDB. Will need to look into it.

Costs are quite a bit although the community did well to supplement it. 

The whole selling point for the forum initially (when I was heavily involved with the start up) was that it'd be 'ad free' but as it got bigger, the costs must have became quite substantive as when I came back to the site after ignoring it for a few year they were saying that ads are the only thing that makes the site sustainable along with donations.

I'd start up a new site myself but it just seems like a complete pain in the arse having to deal with some of the shite and then you're paying for the privilege of getting abused on your own website. f**k that.

In saying that, if it doesn't get resurrected I sincerely hope someone else gets involved because FB groups are the only thing worse than shite like Dee Mad.

14 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I had a read of that thread during the week and the anti vaxer appeared to be getting his arse handed to him after some factually incorrect ‘facts’ 😂

27 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I had a read of that thread during the week and the anti vaxer appeared to be getting his arse handed to him after some factually incorrect ‘facts’ 😂

Was it Mr Sensible or Reverend Lovejoy? 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Costs are quite a bit although the community did well to supplement it. 

The whole selling point for the forum initially (when I was heavily involved with the start up) was that it'd be 'ad free' but as it got bigger, the costs must have became quite substantive as when I came back to the site after ignoring it for a few year they were saying that ads are the only thing that makes the site sustainable along with donations.

I'd start up a new site myself but it just seems like a complete pain in the arse having to deal with some of the shite and then you're paying for the privilege of getting abused on your own website. f**k that.

In saying that, if it doesn't get resurrected I sincerely hope someone else gets involved because FB groups are the only thing worse than shite like Dee Mad.

I've created a temporary home until I can get something proper sorted out.

https://provyroad.freeforums.net/

Pie and Bovril seems like a decent place to chat about the Dee but I think it would be good to try and replace TDB if possible.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Was it Mr Sensible or Reverend Lovejoy? 

I'm a member here and TDB as well although I'm not super frequent poster, more of a lurker. That covid thread was an embarrassment and those two plus another couple were posting total insanity, disinformation, misinformation, and conspiracy garbage lifted straight out of everyone's crazy uncle's facebook page, but I resisted the urge to get involved. I simply upvoted the sane posters that tried to keep the thread tethered to some sort of reality.

Frankly the TDB owner showed an incredible amount of patience when dealing with these nutters, much more than I would have allowed had it been my forum. Anyways I hope he doesn't allow these guys to chase him and his forum away.

Edited by CanadianDee

22 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

:lol:

This is the only place I have ever used. Clearly don't miss much it seems. A friend does the Dundee archive page and he has sponsors. Seems to be growing all the time ( match programmes and such ) 

I'm guessing the influx of new members here will be leaving again since some site is back up and running.

Sadly thought we had signed someone with the amount of posts we're on here 😪