Jump to content
Mr Gandosaur

All things Dundee FC

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If McInnes is a mad shout then Neil is stratospheric.

Who else you suggesting other than a manager that's likely to a multi-millionaire based on his last job alone?

Surely both Mcinness and Neil would get jobs in the top league. I think these two would not take an interest in us.

Suggestions no clue however. 

Maybe someone down south with a point to prove.  Do some wonders here and then no doubt f**k off back down south. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Robin.Hood said:

Surely both Mcinness and Neil would get jobs in the top league. I think these two would not take an interest in us.

Suggestions no clue however. 

Maybe someone down south with a point to prove.  Do some wonders here and then no doubt f**k off back down south. 

Yeah, I agree. I can't see either looking at us hence how I mentioned Tony Docherty as a more interesting and realistic option. Wonder what people would think of him?

The reality is there'll be lots of interesting candidates and the  Bobby Geddes with Charlie Adam 'dream team' will get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think McInnes was on a million a year with the sheep, and for what? abject failure and constant runners up. No thanks.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah, I agree. I can't see either looking at us hence how I mentioned Tony Docherty as a more interesting and realistic option. Wonder what people would think of him?

The reality is there'll be lots of interesting candidates and the  Bobby Geddes with Charlie Adam 'dream team' will get it.

Docherty is a gd shout. Bottom paragraph please don't happen. This has been hard going. To the point we have had fans accepting third as good. 

Don't actually know how I feel with all this going on. Play offs gives us a chance. However I feel is pretty black and white. We don't go up he should walk / be punted, if we get promoted it will be some laugh in the top flight but you can't punt him. Ugh horrible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no chance of us getting McInnes but the point is the next manager we get has to be something different and ambitious. I'm sick of this clubs choices which continually get more and more amateur.

On another note, wouldn't be surprised if Nelms sees this as a perfect week to roll out 21/22 season tickets knowing his American thought process.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's absolutely no chance we take on Hughes, Grant, McPherson or Rice as manager.  

 

All absolute losers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The reality is there'll be lots of interesting candidates and the  Bobby Geddes with Charlie Adam 'dream team' will get it.

I was going to say, the best thing you could do is advertise the job and see who applies. Then I remembered it's Nelms who'll be making the appointment.

Speaking from our point of view I was pleasantly surprised to find out that our shortlist to replace Robinson was (apparently) Alexander, Tommy Wright, Simon Grayson and erm, Keith Lasley considering the candidates when Robinson got the job included John Hughes, Simo Valakari and again...Keith Lasley.

Without wanting to patronise, Dundee should be an appealing job given the amount of leeway managers seem to get from the owners and the financial backing they receive. Clearly Neil and McInnes are mental shouts but I'm certain there would be interesting names in there if the job became available and advertised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McInnes is utterly overrated. His Aberdeen side bottled it against a very average Celtic side led by the hilarious Ronny Deila and for their entire period of being the other "big" club in the top division had f**k all to show for it other than a League Cup which was a shitefest won on pens against Caley iirc. He was emptied after seeing the team he put together go something like 8 games without scoring. 

@Dundee-FC92 is correct in regard to Rice etc. If we ended up chasing shite like that we'd be as well shutting the gates. I would hope (*snigger*) that Nelms has some sort of recruitment plan or idea of who he wants that can take the club forward in the event McPake needs binned. We are absolutely crying out for a 2021 version of Archie Knox's appointment in the 80s. Someone who can establish us in the Prem and god forbid, make us reasonably exciting to watch at the top level. 

(I am obviously fully aware that Nelms will probably give McPake a 3 years contract if he scrapes the play offs, or appoint a 2021 version of Dave "Coco" Smith if he doesn't)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I was going to say, the best thing you could do is advertise the job and see who applies. Then I remembered it's Nelms who'll be making the appointment.
Speaking from our point of view I was pleasantly surprised to find out that our shortlist to replace Robinson was (apparently) Alexander, Tommy Wright, Simon Grayson and erm, Keith Lasley considering the candidates when Robinson got the job included John Hughes, Simo Valakari and again...Keith Lasley.
Without wanting to patronise, Dundee should be an appealing job given the amount of leeway managers seem to get from the owners and the financial backing they receive. Clearly Neil and McInnes are mental shouts but I'm certain there would be interesting names in there if the job became available and advertised.


The summer McCann got the job full time, a reputable manager from Poland, Czeslaw Michniewicz was over in Scotland and had apparently expressed his interest. It seems we didn't even consider it and the guy is now in charge of Legia Warsaw.

I just get the impression we're a pretty closed shop and the owners are pretty particular with how they recruit, I've heard that Archie Knox is a welcome guest at games and gets listened to. I could very easily see someone like Gavin Strachan get the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

McInnes is utterly overrated. His Aberdeen side bottled it against a very average Celtic side led by the hilarious Ronny Deila and for their entire period of being the other "big" club in the top division had f**k all to show for it other than a League Cup which was a shitefest won on pens against Caley iirc. He was emptied after seeing the team he put together go something like 8 games without scoring. 

@Dundee-FC92 is correct in regard to Rice etc. If we ended up chasing shite like that we'd be as well shutting the gates. I would hope (*snigger*) that Nelms has some sort of recruitment plan or idea of who he wants that can take the club forward in the event McPake needs binned. We are absolutely crying out for a 2021 version of Archie Knox's appointment

in the 80s. Someone who can establish us in the Prem and god forbid, make us reasonably exciting to watch at the top level. 

(I am obviously fully aware that Nelms will probably give McPake a 3 years contract if he scrapes the play offs, or appoint a 2021 version of Dave "Coco" Smith if he doesn't)

In the interview after appointing McIntyre Nelms said he had a database of potential new managers on his computer and that he updates it regularly.  I’ve attached a photo of the computer Nelms puts all his trust in.

B1F25151-2CB0-42A6-88A9-82302BAE77ED.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate playing this game when we already have a manager as I think if McPake gets us promoted he should be our manager next season, no question. However if I really had to choose, my 3 would be: (I have my tin hat on for the last one)

1. Peter Grant
2. Paul Hartley (doubt he’d come back)
3. Kevin Thomson

Before anyone starts, I know we’ve gone down the inexperienced route before and it hasn’t worked but Kevin Thomson is slightly different for me. Current Rangers reserve manager working under people with huge knowledge of the game and as a player was probably one of the most intelligent I’ve seen.

I’m fully expecting a bucket load of abuse for the Thommo shout.

Edited by RossDee01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

This is absolutely delicious stuff. Beautiful in fact. If we don't go up I hope we play an active part in relegating you again. 

We fucked up the chance to do it to them in the Premiership as well under McCann although all we did was delay the inevitable.

I used to like Partick Thistle and think they were a good club with good people but the last 12 months have shown them up to be nothing but constant drivel spouting moaners. They’re adopting the “always the victim” attitude of the other lot in their city.

Very, very Old Firmy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I hate playing this game when we already have a manager as I think if McPake gets us promoted he should be our manager next season, no question. However if I really had to choose, my 3 would be: (I have my tin hat on for the last one)

1. Peter Grant
2. Paul Hartley (doubt he’d come back)
3. Kevin Thomson

Before anyone starts, I know we’ve gone down the inexperienced route before and it hasn’t worked but Kevin Thomson is slightly different for me. Current Rangers reserve manager working Uber people with huge knowledge of the game and as a player was probably one of the most intelligent I’ve seen.

I’m fully expecting a bucket load of abuse for the Thommo shout.

Firstly I’d be extremely surprised if McPake wasn’t manager nest season. If he managed to get through January/February after what we had gone through up until then, then I can’t see him being removed from his position after the 8 games unbeaten run we’re on. 
 

Why would you want Peter Grant when he’s just got Alloa relegated. Dick Campbell’s in the same position regarding part time team’s and I wouldn’t want him anywhere near our club. 
 

I’d immediately rule out Thomson through lack of experience. He also strikes me as the type of guy who would bail out at the 1st sign of trouble. 
 

The longer the likes of Stephen Robinson goes on out of the game the more likelyhood him and people of his standing in the game would consider us. Research has to be done behind the scenes on which manager’s in the lower leagues down south or in Scandinavia are building a reputation for themselves in regards of out performing where clubs should be and at attracting players. 
 

Robinson, Wright and McInnes would be getting sounded out before I’d be looking beyond them I think. 
 

1 huge thing in the club’s favour is the undoubted loyalty and finances Tim Keyes and John Nelms give to their manager’s. 

Edited by Yenitit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Why would you want Peter Grant when he’s just got Alloa relegated. Dick Campbell’s in the same position regarding part time team’s and I wouldn’t want him anywhere near our club. 
 

I’d immediately rule out Thomson through lack of experience. He also strikes me as the type of guy who would bail out at the 1st sign of trouble. 
 

The longer the likes of Stephen Robinson goes on out of the game the more likelyhood him and people of his standing in the game would consider us. Research has to be done behind the scenes on which manager’s in the lower leagues down south or in Scandinavia are building a reputation for themselves in regards of out performing where clubs should be and at attracting players. 
 

Robinson, Wright and McInnes would be getting sounded out before I’d be looking beyond them I think. 

To be completely honest, like I said I don’t really want any of them right now as we have a manager, just gave my opinion on what’s out there. 
 

Peter Grant’s Alloa side played some good stuff and you could see what they were trying to do. Dick Campbell hasn’t been given much more freedom to go out and get players than Alloa, there’s a bit of a gap in finances there I would imagine. 
 

Steven Gerrard had the same role as Thomson before he went to Rangers.

Steven Robinson left Motherwell because he wanted a better job, why would he drop down to the Chanpionship?

 

Edited by RossDee01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Crawford said:

Unless there*

You're welcome.

Touché 

Spoiler

Erse 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

To be completely honest, like I said I don’t really want any of them right now as we have a manager, just gave my opinion on what’s out there. 
 

Peter Grant’s Alloa side played some good stuff and you could see what they were trying to do. Dick Campbell hasn’t been given much more freedom to go out and get players than Alloa, there’s a bit of a gap in finances there I would imagine. 
 

Steven Gerrard had the same role as Thomson before he went to Rangers.

Steven Robinson left Motherwell because he wanted a better job, why would he drop down to the Chanpionship?

 

Was Robinson not frustrated after constantly having to rebuild Motherwell? The longer people like him are out the game they have to get back into it before being forgotten and yesterday’s man. Do I think he’d take our job in the Championship, no. I think he’d jump at our job in the top flight though. 

Edited by Yenitit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stephen Robinson should be the first man contacted imo should we require a new manager imo, aside from that it's the last thing on my mind rn. Too busy thinking/worrying about promotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I hate playing this game when we already have a manager as I think if McPake gets us promoted he should be our manager next season, no question. However if I really had to choose, my 3 would be: (I have my tin hat on for the last one)

1. Peter Grant
2. Paul Hartley (doubt he’d come back)
3. Kevin Thomson

Before anyone starts, I know we’ve gone down the inexperienced route before and it hasn’t worked but Kevin Thomson is slightly different for me. Current Rangers reserve manager working under people with huge knowledge of the game and as a player was probably one of the most intelligent I’ve seen.

I’m fully expecting a bucket load of abuse for the Thommo shout.

To be fair, it’s your number one choice I would be giving you pelters for...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...