All things Dundee FC

Embarrassing article by Jim Spence regarding Dundee and Dundee Utd goalkeepers over the years in DCT.

I'm assuming it's due to the fact Dundee United will soon be forced to sell their number 2 asset, excuse the pun Mr Shankland as you're next.

Mr Spence reckons Ally Donaldson and Hamish McApline, DCT's spelling not mine, were top men.

Clearly I'm biased towards Ally Donaldson who was my late father's apprentice electrician, however although I'm far too young to see him play surely Bill Brown must have been the finest to ply his trade in Dundee, ever.

Hamish McAlpine, FFS, when will you start to earn your salary Mr Spence?

Unbiased and embarrassed regards.

17 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Why Ex-Rangers man?

Why not former Dundee? In a Dundee paper too. 

Lazy journalism - they probably realised that ex-Dundee man training with Dundee sounded shite.  Which it does. 

Aternoon fellow Dees.

It's been a relaxing summer so far and it's now time to get back to business with the Dees. Season ticket purchased and will be making the trip to Montrose midweek. No doubt we'll outnumber the diddies on our way to top spot within the group.

Thought i'd give myself a wee break from the stale smell of pish that lingers around these parts; swirling in from Perth during the quieter months. I've been basking in the air of success after seeing off Killie and Fat Tommy whilst staying in first gear.

I'm confident of a good season ahead, with the Fintry Pirlo pinging balls around substandard opponents left, right and Chelsea. Adam, McGhee and Byrne; i'm very hopeful about this trio.

One great thing about this club is that through all the shite that's happened with the Chinese virus, when the first game comes around we'll all see the familiar faces and take part in the routines we do for games - often leading in ending up pished. A sense of community and belonging that can't be broken.  A proper football cub that the likes of Hamilton, Morten, United etc could only dream of.

Dundee are back.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

i assume some of you lads use and read the dark blues forum..ive just went on there to have a look at whats happening only to get a page saying the forum is permenatly closed thanks for the last 7 years anybody any idea whats going on.

4 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

i assume some of you lads use and read the dark blues forum..ive just went on there to have a look at whats happening only to get a page saying the forum is permenatly closed thanks for the last 7 years anybody any idea whats going on.

Holy shit yeah, the twitter is deleted too

https://twitter.com/TheDarkBlues

Very abrupt. Abrupt and suspicious.

12 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

well lets hope it gets started back up..this is the pisstake site the dark blues forum is where you tend to get most of the info.

I much prefer pie and bovril but it'd be a real shame if it did indeed close and I had less things to read whilst skiving at work. 

Edited by Louis Litt

Just now, Louis Litt said:

I much prefer pie and bovril but it'd be a real shame if it did indeed close and I had less things to read whilst skiving at work. 

i just float between the 2 but i'll admit i prefer the dark blues when it comes to dundee related things as you dont get boring arseholes from other teams commenting every 5 mins(you know who you are)hopefully its just been hacked and will be back up and running soon.

5 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

You'd assume the guy who runs/owns it would write a longer message to at least explain why he's packed it in. 

Weird as f**k. 

He just finished a big update last week, I don't believe this is his doing.

The main guy done a forum update less than a week ago. Wonder if something personal has happened, or he's got into some bother.

The host was debating Covid and taking a lot of flak from people that believe in some of the conspiracy theories upon which his brother (who's a mod) then closed the thread. Dunno if that might have been something related but didn't seem like there was anything out of line.