All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Den Spark said:

I believe season ticket holders were only given access last season because we weren't allowed into games. You normally have to subscribe to DeeTV.

Aye, that's a bit shite. They were happy to keep taking my DeeTV money until I noticed I was getting it through the ST anyway.

Are we still getting the live games or not? DeeTV should be free to ST holders until such a time that football is restriction free or that everyone that wants to attend, can attend IMO.

Aye, that's a bit shite. They were happy to keep taking my DeeTV money until I noticed I was getting it through the ST anyway.
Are we still getting the live games or not? DeeTV should be free to ST holders until such a time that football is restriction free or that everyone that wants to attend, can attend IMO.

Totally agree.

It’s a wee bit shite that to be honest. Cheaper just to get DeeTV. They should have given us 2 seasons IMO.

Although maybe we will get league games on DeeTV given that these Cup games wouldn’t be included with an ST anyway?

The problem with ST holders getting free DeeTV again this season is that there’s no way of knowing if they’re actually at the game.

There’s a risk that people who are at the game pass on or even sell their login details.

4 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Although maybe we will get league games on DeeTV given that these Cup games wouldn’t be included with an ST anyway?

Fwiw this is how ours work.

Season ticket holders get free access to watch league games, but don't get access to games not on their season ticket or access to Saints TV for interviews/highlights etc.

Talk on the other place that we’ve applied for 4k fans in time for the St Mirren game. 

Madness if that’s rejected, given the default 2k would all be allowed in the Bobby Cox alone. 

My original thought on Dorrans coming back was No because it didn’t work out with him and Charlie in the few games they played together. However I’m now of the thinking rotating him and Charlie could be a great option to have. I’d also change his position to either playing just off the main striker or where Gowser’s been playing or replace him for Charlie when he tires later in games (if that happens btw) he’d be a great replacement. 

I don’t doubt you  for 1 minute he’s a good player but he’d need to stamp his authority on games exactly how Charlie does and play regularly how he did at Tannadice when he was easily the best player on the park. Can’t have enough good players. 

Edited by Yenitit

13 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I'd sign him and put Fin and Max out on loan somewhere they are going to play week in week out

I agree with this.

I think at least one of the two (if not both) have the potential to have a great career at Dens.

Our undisputed strongest midfield right now is the three of Adam, Byrne and McGhee though. I don't think many would argue against that. McGowan is the first sub (although he will feature elsewhere on the pitch you'd think) unless very specifically it's McGhee that goes off. Only in that scenario is when Anderson comes in. 

In the top flight, when we will be up against it in a lot of matches, it's unfair to ask these players to be bit players and play 20-30 minutes here and there. Unless McPake believes that Anderson will be better in McGhee's position or Robertson will be more effective than Byrne in his current role, I think the best move would be to have them playing Championship football every single week.   There should be a focus that they're ready to claim their position in the team next season and oust one of Byrne, McGhee or Adam from the team or replace McGhee if we've sold him for money. 

I honestly think that's best for their development and then adding a quality player like Dorrans would be a brilliant move.