Mr Gandosaur

All things Dundee FC

17 minutes ago, K.T said:

It’s our defending that worries me. Teams seem to be able to dance through us every game. Agree that McPakes signings have been great though, can’t take that away from him.

Yeah, with himself being a defender as a player, you would think we would perform better in that in that area.

I am curious how McGhee will be used in the play-offs. Even if Fontaine's back, I'm curious if McGhee would stay in at CB beside Ashcroft.

I think you're both bang on. A promotion bonus wouldn't hurt to sweeten the pot.

I mean sure it's their jobs, but this is a literal one off opportunity and if a carrot helps get them there I'm all for it.

POTY, at the moment, is Ashcroft. I’ll wait and see what happens in the playoffs. His goals came at crucial moments and kept us in the chase for 2nd. Defensively, he has had to chop and change in systems and personnel. Back three? Back four? Keeper? Can’t remember a Dundee Team scoring more goals from corners than he has over the last couple of months.

38 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I am curious how McGhee will be used in the play-offs. Even if Fontaine's back, I'm curious if McGhee would stay in at CB beside Ashcroft.

i'd imagine if fontaine is back he'll go right into the team and mcghee will move back into midfield at the expense of anderson...and if marshall is fit he goes right back into the team at the expense of kerr....

23 minutes ago, Dusan Vrto said:

POTY, at the moment, is Ashcroft. I’ll wait and see what happens in the playoffs. His goals came at crucial moments and kept us in the chase for 2nd. Defensively, he has had to chop and change in systems and personnel. Back three? Back four? Keeper? Can’t remember a Dundee Team scoring more goals from corners than he has over the last couple of months.

Ashcroft was abysmal for large parts of the season defensively. Player of the whole season - not a chance. McMullen has made more of an impact than him since Ashcrofts goals have came.

Ashcroft has been good the last month or so, however.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Despite the sig, want McPake to succeed, genuinely do. The tactics have been naive, and that will probably be the downfall, but the signings have been top quality.

The upturn in form is only because he made the changes we were all calling for. We had to endure Forster and Hamilton for months on end along with lunacy such as Kerr in central midfield at Arbroath with Anderson and Robertson on the bench.

Thats only scratching the surface aswell i could go on for ages.

At this very moment though the changes have been made and we have a chance.

Thank you.

40 minutes ago, Dusan Vrto said:

POTY, at the moment, is Ashcroft. 

That's an absolutely wild call. 

POTY is tough to call because we have only been consistently decent for the last couple of months. In that time McMullen has been the best for me. I have had to search deep into my soul to forgive the wee arab p***k. I have shouted a lot of abuse at the boy in recent years but I am now at peace with myself and forgive him - cracking wee player.

So looking at the whole season it is Gowser for me. Love that boy. Hardly ever lets us down. 

Player of the Season for me, probably somewhat predictably to some is Sir Charles of Adam.

He could easily have ended his footballing career elsewhere in the UK, however he came to us due to the fact, like us, he actually cares.

Recent close family private and personal losses and then indeed serious illness to himself will have tested his resolve and inner strength.

Yet, there he was, part of our team at age 35 until the 92nd minute at full-time last night, doing what he does best professionally. Not due to the wage packet, but because he actually cares.

Good luck to James McPake and his overall team, which after all is also yours and mine.

Thank you and regards.      

Edited by This Charming Man

Wild call yes, and I agree about some abysmal performances, but the early part of the season nobody knew what they were doing, what system they were playing or who’d be beside them. It’s his first year at the club and I still can’t recall a player who has scored more goals from corners, some of them crucial. Just remember most of our team have been fucking awful at some point during the season, apart from the more recent arrivals.

5 minutes ago, Dusan Vrto said:

Wild call yes, and I agree about some abysmal performances, but the early part of the season nobody knew what they were doing, what system they were playing or who’d be beside them. It’s his first year at the club and I still can’t recall a player who has scored more goals from corners, some of them crucial. Just remember most of our team have been fucking awful at some point during the season, apart from the more recent arrivals.

Adam was the best player in the league during the early stages of the season.

Thank you.

speaking of ashcroft i dont think hes lost a high ball either punted forward or a corner into our box which hes challenged for.

54 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

That's an absolutely wild call. 

Disappointed. I was eagerly awaiting that reply.

Ashcroft has scored 1 goal more than Fontaine! 9 goals from to CH’s who haven’t played every week. Fookin remarkable I’d say. Probably says more about the pish we’re up against. Lol.

Got to face facts, big gormless lad will be out manager next season regardless.

In my weaker moments I even think he might be getting to grips with the job.

If everybody is fit Marshall for Cammy is the only change I’d make from Friday. Leave McGhee at CH, Anderson in midfield, and Mullen on the bench.

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

Player of the Season for me, probably somewhat predictably to some is Sir Charles of Adam.

He could easily have ended his footballing career elsewhere in the UK, however he came to us due to the fact, like us, he actually cares.

Recent close family private and personal losses and then indeed serious illness to himself will have tested his resolve and inner strength.

Yet, there he was, part of our team at age 35 until the 92nd minute at full-time last night, doing what he does best professionally. Not due to the wage packet, but because he actually cares.

Good luck to James McPake and his overall team, which after all is also yours and mine.

Thank you and regards.      

Would say Adam's got one season left, be interesting to see what he's on per week, also agree he's player of the year.

Thank you.

As I have said before Dundee used to be one of my favourite clubs but after the stab in the back  last summer - no more! 

As I will never set foot inside Dens again I am looking forward to crossing swords with you lot next season at Firhill. The result won't matter just as long as Dundee are still in the Championship that will do me! 

Will be very disappointed if you  fluke promotion so saying my prayers every night to the big chief not to give  you promotion! 

It's difficult though someone has to get promoted and I and not sure which I dislike most Dundee/Nelms or Rsith/Clark. Some comfort in the fact both of you can't go up to the SPL

C'Mon the Pars! 

16 minutes ago, Exiledjag said:

As I have said before Dundee used to be one of my favourite clubs but after the stab in the back  last summer - no more! 

As I will never set foot inside Dens again I am looking forward to crossing swords with you lot next season at Firhill. The result won't matter just as long as Dundee are still in the Championship that will do me! 

Will be very disappointed if you  fluke promotion so saying my prayers every night to the big chief not to give  you promotion! 

It's difficult though someone has to get promoted and I and not sure which I dislike most Dundee/Nelms or Rsith/Clark. Some comfort in the fact both of you can't go up to the SPL

C'Mon the Pars! 

You should say how you really feel.

19 minutes ago, Exiledjag said:

so saying my prayers every night to the big chief not to give  you promotion! 

Big team found. 

5 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

You should say how you really feel.

If I haven't expressed myself well enough perhaps you could guess and give me some clues about how I might improve my post?