All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

For anyone who actually watched the game -

Did we genuinely line up 3-4-3, or is the BBC website laughably incorrect as per usual?

Laughably incorrect. 4-2-3-1

Thank you very much for Paul McMullan,

Thank you very much,

Thank you very , very, very  much

Edited by Yenitit

Cheers. 

Was wondering if McPake had been watching a bit too much Italy.

I think that 3-4-3 the BBC had us in would be viable at home against smaller teams, but I thought it could equally have been our more familiar 4-3-3 only they'd stuck McGhee in the backline because they have him down as a CB. It's daft how often they have us lining up in all sorts of exotic formations as soon as they get the starting 11 because they seem to have hard-coded certain players into specific positions. McGhee and Gowser the worst.

6 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Cheers. 

Was wondering if McPake had been watching a bit too much Italy.

I think that 3-4-3 the BBC had us in would be viable at home against smaller teams, but I thought it could equally have been our more familiar 4-3-3 only they'd stuck McGhee in the backline because they have him down as a CB. It's daft how often they have us lining up in all sorts of exotic formations as soon as they get the starting 11 because they seem to have hard-coded certain players into specific positions. McGhee and Gowser the worst.

It was the same formation as we played towards the end of last season. 4 at the back with a central midfield 3 of Byrne, Adam, McGhee. Gowser and McMullan 😍 outwide with Jakubiak up front on his own. 

With the quality crossing coming in to the box we could really do with a big centre forward who’s good in the air.  Could easily have been double what it was tonight. Best save of the game was Legzdins in the 1st half, superb save. 

According to McPake, Marshall's knock isn't too bad thankfully.

Just watched the highlights, as I'd only been able to catch snippets of the game, but McMullan looked like he could've had 5 or 6 goals today, absolutely lethal. Also didn't realise how close Cummings came to making it 5.

18 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Laughably incorrect. 4-2-3-1

Thank you very much for Paul McMullan,

Thank you very much,

Thank you very , very, very  much

This is where I keep shit to myself. Don't wanna get over thinking with McMullan. So far he has did well. Just hope he carries this on in this league. Anyway me being pessimistic. 

What is your favourite position? I know for me if I ever made it I wish I was a winger. Love players who take on players and cross and make challenges. But I know many people who prefer different positions as there favourite? 

Edited by Robin.Hood

20 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

This is where I keep shit to myself. Don't wanna get over thinking with McMullan. So far he has did well. Just hope he carries this on in this league. Anyway me being pessimistic. 

What is your favourite position? I know for me if I ever made it I wish I was a winger. Love players who take on players and cross and son. But I know many people who prefer different positions as there favourite? 

Keeper. I've always been a bit obsessive when it comes to that position. My favourite players growing up were always the goalkeeper.

Fran Toldo being my all time favourite growing up. 

39 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

What is your favourite position? I know for me if I ever made it I wish I was a winger. Love players who take on players and cross and son. But I know many people who prefer different positions as there favourite? 

Right back. Love sending a wicked ba' in and the odd long-ranger. Also means I get to nail c***s as well.

38 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Striker, although it doesn't seem like it now at 5's, I used to have composure! I played on the left and the right of midfield from time to time but I couldn't last the pace, too much running. Playing up top gave me a break from time to time. I was terrible as a centre half, my only time in that position I scored 2 OG's and was rightly hooked at half-time.

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

Centrehalf, just like Bonucci an Chielini that wipeout everything in the road to win a header. Proper men not like the wee shitebags on the wing who spend more time on their arses!

CDM. You need to move very little, you get to nail, cunts and you get to spray the ba aboot literally controlling the other 19 outfield players and the tempo of the game. 
_methode_sundaytimes_prod_web_bin_9f30bcd6-6367-11e9-b696-822cbbf2340e.thumb.jpg.a67710b309bd31d2754ed9014a659d08.jpg

Correct.

Sweeper or holding mid for myself; not fast in the slightest but can run for ages when I’m at my fittest and I love pinging passes and turning away from folk with a perfect first touch.

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

You boy’s describing where you’d played on the park should also be describing what player you modelled your game on. 

Fat, lazy, balding striker with the pace of a sloth with a broken leg. I think Kris Boyd learned a lot from me over the years.